[0.80X problem] Great weapon balance broken due to polearm changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Self-explanatory. It's nice and all that polearms got a buff, since 1h spear use was nothing short of pathetic, but it seems to have had some undesirable side effects on the 2h side of things. Great weapons using polearm mode are ridiculously fast and spammable now... they really need a speed/damage reduction, and probably the "unbalanced" tag as well. 2h spear use could probably also do with some tweaking, but the great weapons are the main issue here.

Yes. All the massive polearms.

Halcyon said:
uh what exactly changed?

Polearms got buffed. The changes affect all weapons defined as polearms. Thus all the giant weapons using polearm mode can now be wielded with great speed and dexterity. What are you not getting? 2h mode for longaxes is now essentially useless, whereas polearm mode is the new terror of the battlefield.

Oh so it wasn't the freaking character. I tried this with the nord char on custom battle. Jesus ****ing christ! Managed to cut through 10 bots in the space of 3 seconds.

O rly?
****ing ****, the long op weapons were my ragequit-reason no.1! And now it´s even worse?  :???:

I can´t understand why those weapons weren´t nerfed anyway...it is and was so obvious that they are too strong...but well, as long the kiddy spammers are happy.  :neutral:

what exactly are the differences between the polearm and 2h mode(for the weapons that have both of course =P)?

Let's talk lances too.  They're ridiculous.  The thrust attack strikes with a two-foot invisible tip before the arm is extended.

I told people on vent the axes got nerfed... and all they said was...

No they didnt you stupid communist. Well whos stupid now huh?

But yes Axes are ****ing spammy as hell. Not only are they too fast they kill you with the wooden staff part.

Scientia Excelsa said:
Let's talk lances too.  They're ridiculous.  The thrust attack strikes with a two-foot invisible tip before the arm is extended.
The polearms are fine due to the slow speed of extending...

Hmm. Well, that's certainly strange, but something definitely feels different... I don't recall polearm axe strikes being this fast in the last version. Haven't had a chance to test it extensively yet, true enough, but while I was playing it seemed quite clear.

okiN said:
Hmm. Well, that's certainly strange, but something definitely feels different... I don't recall polearm axe strikes being this fast in the last version. Haven't had a chance to test it extensively yet, true enough, but while I was playing it seemed quite clear.

I'm not the only person feeling general "weirdness" in the combat system??? It seems like all the weapon speeds and animations have sped up, but it's worse for the axes. Might just be running out of caffeine though *drinks more cola*.

I was already wondering why fighting Great Long Axes was feeling harder all of a sudden - they could outswing me even while using a swadian Twohanded Sword and moving into a quick strike straight after a block, which never used to happen before. It might have something to do with the left-right animation changes too, so I can't say if it's just the Great Long Axe, but it certainly feels different from before.

To be honest, it feels like all weapons are faster, of course this is perhaps easier to notice with the 2H weapons(as they were generally slower, thus any change would be easier to notice).

Though, I can only speculate on perhaps the new animations making it appear thus, as I have no conclusive proof either way. Merely, what Eirikur/Turanien and I thought when dueling each other(followed by discussing our duels).

Back
Top Bottom