0.800 Dungeons

Users who are viewing this thread

Thorgrim

Knight at Arms
Ok, well as you may have noticed, there are dungeons in 0.800, however they are hidden and not yet officially part of the game.  So of course, being hidden away like that, one just has to do some hacking to try and see what they are like :wink:

For anyone who is interested you can try this out:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dstent/mnb/dungeon_menu.zip (note, this only works correctly with 0.800, and may cause problems with 0.801+)

Just extract that over native (backing up menus.txt if you want to) then go to Zendar, and you can take a look at the dungeons.  Of course they are not finished yet, and have no NPCs in them, so if you would prefer to wait and see them as Armagan and team intend, then just wait...

Anyway, they look pretty cool, here is a shot:

dungeon1.jpg

Should be good fun doing some more decorating once the new module system is out eh? :smile:

While nice, your minimod has some issues - any attempt to enter a town (except Zendar) faces you off against yourself, as does attacking a party or joining a battle. Don't know if it's worth fixing, but just thought I'd say something...

Heh interesting, something must have changed with the patches.

Well, as the title says, it's for 0.800.  It works fine with 0.800.

In any case, we have the module system now so you can add dungeons in much easier.

A question! Isn't their any enemies in the caves? Can you fix that, much More fun if you have to fight against monsters. Some prisoners that escaped from theirs cells.

I'm actually adding a quest to BaB where you have to try to escape from prison, and I'll use the dungeon models. So if you want ot fight in the dungeons, just play BaB whne the next version is out.

Many of the underground passages will be suitable for prison camps. I'm not going to have multi-level dungeons, just use the passages for the prison camp you get taken to if you ever fall in battle with none of your troops able to rescue you.

Back
Top Bottom