0.400 is out (now 0.401)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the reports!

1) Lagging in player battle: I've been able to reproduce a bit of this. Certain events may cause surges of CPU-checking. I will try to tone these down.
2) Balance in player battle: Whatever fixes I have regarding the CPU, I'll try to orient those toward making armies less brittle.
There is one feature that I forgot to document -- every 2 minutes, a player can "rally" troops (accessed from the "M" menu), causing a morale boost in a critical area.
3) Balance in player caravan: The "boss fight" at the end of the map is somewhat intentional -- as raiders die in the middle, more tend to cluster at the exit point. But I can tone it down, or reduce slightly the number of raiders overall or those who head toward the end.
4) Loot messages: This should be fixed for the next update/patch.
5) The India map -- I'll have to look at that.
6) Politics -- The main incentive to strike a consistent stance is to avoid undermining your relationship with a key faction. So yes, it does pay to follow them as they reverse back and forth between policies, for now.
7) In terms of which NPC factions to cultivate -- for income, it's most cost-efficient to have fiefs in multiple provinces, so that would involve building up relations with as many factions as possible. To get good troops, you want a large fief and thus good relations with a single faction.
Every law or other policy does have some affect on the game. Inquisitions for example annoy non-Establishment theologies and restrict the growth of missions. I should make the effects more dramatic, however.
I will work on making the political part of the game more involved, more transparent, and more dramatic.

Unfortunately, I can not recall which server I was playing on. I will take note of that when I play next time, though.
Also, I have tried the "rally" button a few times, and I can not see any effect at all, really. In my opinion, the best way to balance player battle would be either making the map smaller or just making the morale of the attacking army higher. At the moment, it makes no sense having your guys at one moment slaughtering the enemy horribly and then they just decide to run away, and the enemy is in full strenght again.

I'm having difficulty downloading the file from Mediafire. Would it be possible to get an alternate downloadlink up?

Did you make any change to the pourcentage of mission completion? I had 64% this morning, I have 32% now, my relationship with the mission giver is stable (62 with the lord of Vermandois against Meriadoc). I noticed thate it took some time for the % to be added to your score after a mission, but that the first time I see it go down.

Or is there another player fighting for Meriadoc bringing down my score? :grin:

Download not available
The download for this file has not been enabled. Only the user who uploaded it, can enable the download option.
prosneb

I managed to get the first link working via IE, but I don't really get the Mod yet. I figure I need some time to learn it. I do get some weird message about Province being set to Zero and that that shouldn't happen when I try and sponsor my mission. I also don't seem to be able to command my retinue and most bots appear to just be standing still in Field Battle without being able to command them. Not sure what's up there.

But I am earning money and renown, so that's good. Now to just get a faction interested in getting me a fief.

Did you make any change to the pourcentage of mission completion? I had 64% this morning, I have 32% now

Mission completion should not go down, unless you end the mission. I'll check that. Normally also mission completion should rise automatically as soon as the game ends in the server -- if it's still running when you quit, however, that could be quite some time, as the game slows down a lot when there's no humans on the server.

I do get some weird message about Province being set to Zero and that that shouldn't happen when I try and sponsor my mission.

If that message is at the beginning of the game, that just means that it's still downloading information.

I managed to get the first link working via IE, but I don't really get the Mod yet.

It takes a bit of time. It's not the most intuitive thing, largely because I needed to do a lot of workarounds to integrate the web-based part and the WB engine. But no choices can really hurt your character.

So i just did another player mission, another failure, I could only get 4 of my first wave of caravans to the ending, then the other were too much dispersed and got picked one by one. I still managed to have a somewhat higher score by killing a ****load of bandits.
After that i got a couple of field battles in a row. My favorite mission.

But now I checked my score and I have 26% of mission completion instead of 34%, and I never ended the mission, so I am slowly going down.
If I end the mission, will I still get a player field battle even if I havn't 100% of completion? I'd like to test it again, but I havn't been able too...

It sounds like there's a bug with mission completion. Can you give me your character name?

Re getting the mission again, if you end it, you need to set it up again with another caravan.

How has the lag been on player battle?

The first downgrade (from 64 to 34), I think didn't play at all,
The second one (from 34 to 26) was just after I played a player caravan mission.
But the third one (from 26 to 14), I am sure I didn't play at all.

And now I am back to 37%.
It's like my score is linked to the bitcoin.  :grin: As soon as it goes higher than 50, I will cash up my gains!

Okay, I think I have an idea what's going on. Just to check -- your last three games were not mission games, right -- they were livestock raids in Hispania, a field battle in Syria, and livestock raids in Italia?

It seems to have treated these battles as games you had sponsored, and overwritten mission completion. I think I can fix this, but not until I get off work six hours or so from now. Apologies...

Ariel -- based on your last message, which I overwrote, I'm guessing now that you're still treated as the sponsor when you leave the server, so someone else played that game. Argh. Hopefully this will not be too difficult to fix...

Back
Top Bottom