?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

That horse archery clip is hilarious. You'd think people who work in games journalism have enough experience with games to intuitively understand after the first, or even second, time that you can't fire your bow to the right while on horseback. Yet they keep trying to hit things.

I think it's time to give an ETA on the Early Access, not the full release, no promises to quit development phase, just an ETA on a playable build for both testing and giving the community more than dev blogs. Since it was announced by Armagan, I'd say it's time...
On the other hand, I still don't believe it tbh, but I think it's important to claim some ETA after that.

Source video:

All questions and answers are praphrase and summary.

@ 4:11
Q: You are a company which is making their own engine, can you tell us about this more?

Armağan: The most beneficial thing of making our own engine is we know what kind of engine our game needs so for example when you look some new games, they look pretty good on screen but when 30 or more npcs start to be spawn, game starts to slow in performance but ours doesn't.

@ 5:39
Q: You said you are improving AI and you don't want to see all AI are doing the same thing in battlefield. How can the game involve this amount of npcs at the same time? Can you tell us about this more?

Armağan: We want to make very huge battles but while we do this, we don't want sacrifice certain things. For instance, even an AI of one soldier or movements of one of the horse's mane are important for us. We can make battles which involve 10000 soldier but as I said we don't want to sacrifice certain things. In sinleplayer, we can do battles like 300vs300 sometimes 400vs400 with ease but we don't know the highest limit.

@ 9:15
Q: Why is taking so long to make this game?

Armağan: Our game is a complex game and maybe we are very perfectionist company. When these two factor comes together, some process can be prolonged. For example, our UI were made from scratch for 3 times but we are so happy about the third one. Another example is that we made our main map from scratch with a new techonology just a few months ago. So we can remake some features from scratch again and again until we are happy about it but I think we are at the end of the process of remaking things again and again.

(I just translated the parts which are important for my point of view.)

Kinda figured they were done with the whole phase of scrapping and remaking things, but it's nice to have confirmation.

The question about AI is what intrigues me. Sure they can get 400v400 battles, but if all the AI does is clump together and hack & slash then it would probably be better to have fewer with better AI. At the very least, the cavalry/ horse archer AI seems good, although you still notice lots of odd things they do, like how they go a certain distance away from the target then charge at him, rinse repeat. Just something I think about. Maybe because it's their special engine they can get the AI to be more advanced without affecting performance.

Bjorn The Raider said:
Source video:

Q: You are a company which is making their own engine, can you tell us about this more?

Armağan: The most beneficial thing of making our own engine is we know what kind of engine our game needs so for example when you look some new games, they look pretty good on screen but when 30 or more npcs start to be spawn, game starts to slow in performance but ours doesn't.

Q: You said you are improving AI and you don't want to see all AI are doing the same thing in battlefield. How can the game involve this amount of npcs at the same time? Can you tell us about this more?

Armağan: We want to make very huge battles but while we do this, we don't want sacrifice certain things. For instance, even an AI of one soldier or movements of one of the horse's mane are important for us. We can make battles which involve 10000 soldier but as I said we don't want to sacrifice certain things. In sinleplayer, we can do battles like 300vs300 sometimes 400vs400 with ease but we don't know the highest limit.

Armağan: Our game is a complex game and maybe we are very perfectionist company. When these two factor comes together, some process can be prolonged. For example, our UI were made from scratch for 3 times but we are so happy about the third one. Another example is that we made our main map from scratch with a new techonology just a few months ago. So we can remake some features from scratch again and again until we are happy about it but I think we are at the end of the process of remaking things again and again.

Thanks for sharing the video and translations.  :grin:

Not one I’ve seen before - the player keeps trying to take on sea raider parties on his/her own.  :shock:

HUMMAN said:

for last 5 minutes investigates map from different angles.

Thanks for sharing. I was very disappointed that camels (from the camel caravan being defended) still lack any idle animations - they all stood around like statues. Please TW sort this before release - Humphrey needs a full set of animations.

Don't know if this was posted here yet:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/31/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-campaign-preview-hands-on/

Edit: Also this shorter one from PC Gamer
https://www.pcgamer.com/getting-rich-quick-in-mount-and-blade-2-bannerlords-sandbox-singleplayer-campaign/

Bjorn The Raider said:
Source video:

...Subtitles added to the video by @caglaravcil...

ciauz^^,
Jab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7XqtMeClk

at the end of the battle with King Battania

CKyHC said:

Interesting. The Battanians didn’t come under player command and either sat back or pursued their own strategy. Slow deliberate tactics might be appropriate for army clashes, but seems inappropriate for overrunning a handful of looters however conservative the personality of their leader. I hope that gets sorted before release.

They just sat back and did nothing. Probably TW disabled battle ai / captain mode for the demo so players would go and use their times in those demo missions to discover the game.

Varrak said:
They just sat back and did nothing. Probably TW disabled battle ai / captain mode for the demo so players would go and use their times in those demo missions to discover the game.
i hope they just disabled it and not remove it from the game

NPC99 said:
CKyHC said:

Interesting. The Battanians didn’t come under player command and either sat back or pursued their own strategy. Slow deliberate tactics might be appropriate for army clashes, but seems inappropriate for overrunning a handful of looters however conservative the personality of their leader. I hope that gets sorted before release.

I take it as the default command to be to form into their respective groups and hold ground. After most of the bandits were killed the player finally ordered 30 infantry and 4 archers to charge, and they did. He started the battle in command of all the troops.

TehRalph said:
NPC99 said:
CKyHC said:

I take it as the default command to be to form into their respective groups and hold ground. After most of the bandits were killed the player finally ordered 30 infantry and 4 archers to charge, and they did. He started the battle in command of all the troops.

Look closer. Caladog’s party of 104 joined the battle on his side but never came under his control or participated in the fighting.

Varrak said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6gKf7gN8s

Thanks for sharing. I was surprised by the buggy collision mesh at the bottom of the tower stairs in Makeb (3.20 in the video). Hopefully, TW will fix it.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom