?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh yeah we want recreate Boadice so bad, I want to roleplay a lady as Zoe of Macedonian dynasty which using her husband as political tool

robing loops and destroy villages not disabled

hqdefault.jpg

golosko said:
robing loops and destroy villages not disabled

hqdefault.jpg
But now villages have militias to defend them, as in the last resonant video, in the end, there is a village attack and i believe that now we'll always need to fight when robbing settlements and i don't think they had the time to really try   

KhergitLancer80 said:
Obelix is a battanian right ?
He is a gallian and gallians are Celtic.

On a sidenote, that region of France is called Britannia (it's where I'm from :grin:), it was part of the briton Kingdom of Arthur and we still got some differents laws than the other regions of France because of that (Highways are free there, for instance, and we got our own language on top of French).
Battanians seem more based on britons than gauls (the difference beeing the era, britons are gauls pushed back by Rome, if I'm not mistakrn, but do not take my word for it)

I wanted to share that useless piece of informations because just like any other french brittanian, Im a chauvinistic dude that brings his flag along with him to live in another country.
(Do any other than french people notice that black and white flag in events and meetings ? It's like we're everywhere)

Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

On a sidenote, that region of France is called Britannia (it's where I'm from :grin:), it was part of the briton Kingdom of Arthur and we still got some differents laws than the other regions of France because of that (Highways are free there, for instance, and we got our own language on top of French).
Battanians seem more based on britons than gauls (the difference beeing the era, britons are gauls pushed back by Rome, if I'm not mistakrn, but do not take my word for it)

I wanted to share that useless piece of informations because just like any other french brittanian, Im a chauvinistic dude that brings his flag along with him to live in another country.
(Do any other than french people notice that black and white flag in events and meetings ? It's like we're everywhere)

What about Fian troop branch in Battanian troop tree? They seem to be pretty much like Fianna warriors, so what about goidelic people?
For me Battania seems pretty much like Sturgia in means of mingled nationalities.

Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

What about Fian troop branch in Battanian troop tree? They seem to be pretty much like Fianna warriors, so what about goidelic people?
For me Battania seems pretty much like Sturgia in means of mingled nationalities.

You are right, my point was the timespan. The differences between those people at the time TW took inspiration from are less pronounced than at the time Asterix takes place, but I agree with you, battania is a mix of several subcultures, just like sturgia and every other factions in Bannerlord for that matter

Kehlian said:

Well they were separate from the Gallic peoples but most were likely close cousins culturally, and there may have been areas of homogeneity overlapping. Of course they would all have identified themselves by their specific tribe and had paramount loyalty to that. Only a few managed to unite various tribes, usually too little too late.

Battanians seem to be celtic inspired with a few specific historically specific terms thrown in, but as JRR Tolkien said- “Celtic' is a magic bag, into which anything may be put, and out of which almost anything may come . . . Anything is possible in the fabulous Celtic twilight, which is not so much a twilight of the gods as of the reason.”

Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Thanks for the information ! :grin:
Ofc not every piece of historical information is appreciated.
I heard some French associate themselves with Gallians btw does that apply for all french or only for people from specific regions ?

Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

At Arthur's time was.still Armorica, it was Britannia after the celts fled from britain.
They are more britain celts because gauls were famous for their cavalry while battania has good archers and bad cavalry.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Thanks for the information ! :grin:
Ofc not every piece of historical information is appreciated.
I heard some French associate themselves with Gallians btw does that apply for all french or only for people from specific regions ?

Well In France, it is said that only Paris is french (and every other regions hate parisians lol, I mean for real, we only see them as smug tourists that trash everything).
Every region has its own pride about historical events. Britannia got that era , but Norman (people from Normandy) associate themselves with vikings, for instance, because of Rollo, the viking french duke, at a later time.
I don't know about every region, but I guess they also associate themselves with some ethnic group or tribes from a past time.

It's mostly cultural, though, as with all the migration flux, conquests, invasions, etc... through history, it's more cultural than real genetics belonging.

vota dc said:
Kehlian said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

At Arthur's time was.still Armorica, it was Britannia after the celts fled from britain.
They are more britain celts because gauls were famous for their cavalry while battania has good archers and bad cavalry.

Thanks for the clarifications, mate :grin:

Forcerer said:
Have you notice that the crafting skill mentionned that we can actually craft armor in addition to weapon ?

Might just be an ambitious placeholder but I do hope at least to be able to improve an armor as we could in Viking Conquest.

Maybe crafting skill would simply lower the cost of doing so.  Cracked >> Rusty >> Normal >> Fine >> Reinforced  ...or whatever.

Varrak said:
He says it at the beginning, he even wrote it in the title of the video (Beklenen oyun 2019'da çıkıyor = Anticipated game will come out in 2019). Until now, 2 of biggest gaming journalism (Multiplayer & Easter GamersTV) claimed that game is coming out in 2019.

Enis Kirazoğlu, probably most famous & trustable guy in Turkish gaming industry which does the gaming journalism as a professional job rather than hobby, he made one seperate video after gamescom in here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlUEQCSgkE

and again, after Multiplayer's video, he pointed out that the release date is 2019 at the end of the video. They also claimed 2019 in Multiplayer's video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZgx3Ir9-o8

The weird thing is TaleWorlds didn't correct them (in the scenario if they are lying). These guys aren't some rag-tag amateur gamers, but professional journalists where more than a million gamers follow them. So that's probably correct information.
I think he also said early 2019

Gab-AG. said:
https://wccftech.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-gamescom-interview/2/

Thanks for the link sir.

Chris: To keep with the emergent storytelling that featured in the previous titles. With that, will the game continue with elements of that? So, for example, with your clan can you develop it over time. For example, find a woman, marry her and have children? Also, will you be able to bring in allies to your clan as you were able to in the previous title, promote them and give them areas to control?
Armagan: You can definitely marry in the game and have children. The timeframe will probably to too limited for some things. Eighteen years is a long time in our game, so for example how feasible it will be to be able to play as your children. You will have a family system though.

How feasible to play as your children? Let's say you find your wife at 200th day of your journey in Calradia. It will take 9 weeks to give birth your children, that means plus 63 days. Let' say we can play as our childeren at his age of 15 not to prolong the time. It will take 1260 days to become 15 years old for your children. When you sum all the days, we get 1523 days. I am pretty sure some crazy guys here will try that.

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I think he also said early 2019

That actually sounds good, is the early 2019 for the Full game or EA?  :party:
From what we saw in the demo footage (early game), I find a full release at that point very unlikely. Same goes for SP EA - because, if it is not about getting EA money, testing is typically done when no major content is meant to be added/developed anymore.

Bjorn The Raider said:
How feasible to play as your children? Let's say you find your wife at 200th day of your journey in Calradia. It will take 9 weeks to give birth your children, that means plus 63 days. Let' say we can play as our childeren at his age of 15 not to prolong the time. It will take 1260 days to become 15 years old for your children. When you sum all the days, we get 1523 days. I am pretty sure some crazy guys here will try that.
Tbh I wouldn't bet on anything like that. It would be a major feature requiring major work ... for something that only frindge players get to experience? Unlikely. IMO it will either be dropped, be some basic death penalty thing (oh noes you lost your character, but well here you go with a new one thats a distant relative we spawned into the game just now) or actual but optional permadeath, which may actually be interesting and could be integrated with some non-essential systems (skills/companions). I massively doubt that we will see major dynasties ala CK with playable kids etc. The time frame just doesnt fit and all this talk about sped up maturity would be a big break with the rest of the design. Just seems like a big risk... and that's before even getting into how it would all tie into the rest of the world.

Back
Top Bottom