?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can wait another two or three years for a stable full release than one bugged and unpolished how what's happened with KCD

Arnulf Floyd said:
I agree with Bjorn, without a official statement, we not know nothing about real release date

I don't say "Those journalists are not lying". Maybe they are lying (beside i don't know why would they do that).

In any case, TaleWorld supposed to correct them if they lie, but TaleWorlds didn't do such thing. This pretty much implies that journalists didn't lie and information about 2019 is probably correct.

I mean, i am hundred percent sure that TW's PR office has phone numbers of Multiplayer office in their books, calling them and telling them to fix the lie wouldn't be so hard (if it's ever lie)

Maybe they wanna make this semi-official to not fail again. Mostly likely a beta will be out in 2019 but hey they can always say we did not confirm it. Any confirmation would be we 'hope' to release at 2019 and Ali Erkin did that. So not big deal i think, lets wait and see game will be probably out in 2019.

Why would TW call out journalists and say they are lying while the head of the business consistently saying we don't know the release date. That is 100% percent true. They can scrap any feature and do it again which is delaying release date and also is something they often did in the past. So my advice is don't listen developers estimation stick with Armağan Yazuz words.

germanya12 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9kaXRaEV1g
trying cloak

It's kind of frustrating that the cloak clips through the back of throwing spears on his back. Would be nice if they fixed this, but i can't see it happening.

Lemondude said:
germanya12 said:
trying cloak

It's kind of frustrating that the cloak clips through the back of throwing spears on his back. Would be nice if they fixed this, but i can't see it happening.

If people get so obsessed with it then they shall not carry javs at their back or discard the cloak, simple as that.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Lemondude said:
germanya12 said:
trying cloak

If people get so obsessed with it then they shall not carry javs at their back or discard the cloak, simple as that.

That's not really the attitude we want the game developers to have. "If something is broken - don't use it."

I think Taleworlds will be looking to come up with a solution for this, based on what we've seen from them so far.

No idea if it's technically possible to fix it. If it is and they do it, great. If it's not we'll have to live with it, which I think would be better than having a completely static cloak.

Arnulf Floyd said:
I can wait another two or three years for a stable full release than one bugged and unpolished how what's happened with KCD

I didnt see any bugs on my KCD experience, you're right about Optimization and Polishing, the textures needed too much time to load and also the load screens when you wanted to talk to a Merchant.

i didn't play it since February so i don't know if they have fixed some of this issues.

About the EA version of Bannerlord, in my opininion a Release on Early 2019 will be great, but Taleworlds owns the last word.

Cheers!

Lemondude said:
That's not really the attitude we want the game developers to have. "If something is broken - don't use it."

I think Taleworlds will be looking to come up with a solution for this, based on what we've seen from them so far.
I mean, it was maybe poorly worded, but KhergitLancer is right. I don't think there's any fix to putting two objects into same spot and having them clip through each other. Logically, why would you either put a long coat over your missile bag or tie your cloak to your body with said bag? There's so much mix and match involved in M&B games that I just try to ignore clipping, cause it's so inevitable.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Bjorn The Raider said:

This is in Turkish but someone translated most important parts to English in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/9a70v3/interview_with_armagan_yavuz_by_technopat_details/

Most important informations(at least for me):
-The family members can be used to lead the garrisons in fiefs. This way, Taleworlds will solve the ''sacking of villages'' problem. When the player is away from his village lets say his brother can protect it.
-There will be militia Powers in the game but they are double edged swords, they can be an advantage for the lord: protecting the fief against enemies or a disadvantage:can riot if the village is unhappy.
-Coop and naval combat will not be in the game in release but they may be included later on with dlcs.

Now this may be far fetched, but could that possibly mean you can also "sabotage" enemy lords from within ther own fief? We saw footage once where you can use your own companions to make an "exorting street", what if you could buddy up with another lords militia and stage a coup?

R4MPZY said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
Bjorn The Raider said:

This is in Turkish but someone translated most important parts to English in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/9a70v3/interview_with_armagan_yavuz_by_technopat_details/

Most important informations(at least for me):
-The family members can be used to lead the garrisons in fiefs. This way, Taleworlds will solve the ''sacking of villages'' problem. When the player is away from his village lets say his brother can protect it.
-There will be militia Powers in the game but they are double edged swords, they can be an advantage for the lord: protecting the fief against enemies or a disadvantage:can riot if the village is unhappy.
-Coop and naval combat will not be in the game in release but they may be included later on with dlcs.

Now this may be far fetched, but could that possibly mean you can also "sabotage" enemy lords from within ther own fief? We saw footage once where you can use your own companions to make an "exorting street", what if you could buddy up with another lords militia and stage a coup?

I don't think that idea is far fetched at all. It's been mentioned quite a few times now that players will have to management fiefs to stop civil unrest and revolts, so I don't see why the player can't came along and help flame the people's unrest of your favourite enemy lord's fief. Sabotaging the enemy sounds like a fun mechanic, another possible way of doing this could be burning/poisoning food stocks (and this could also cause civil unrest).

Staging a coup however should be a bit more complicated. Honestly this might even be worthy of a thread of its own. Coup d'états require lots of planning, influence, manpower (make sure to print enough pamphlets), and most importantly secrecy. A lot of coups fail before they have a chance to actually do anything because they're found out really early.

One of my favorite things out of Gamescom was when Armagan said some "event" where "the player can make a kingdom and there can be a rebellion to make the player lose the kingdom and have to move".  I don't know if this is part of the "events system" they have mentioned when he calls it an event, but it doesn't really matter. It's awesome to think that there will be many different rulers of each kingdom throughout your game, and keeping your kingdom is not so simple as making sure your enemies don't take it in simple conquest. And it all sounds like it ties nicely with the economic simulation, as everything should.

Overall the game world is way more dynamic. Things that were so outlandish to believe could happen for warband seem a bit more likely here.

germanya12 said:
trying cloak
Fun fact for players who are planning to join Battania in their playthrough:

Seems like we will be able to create Obelix (just need ginger hair and weight slider up) :grin:
Screenshot_28.png

VVhy no one vids about bannerlord gamescom 2018 not show robing and destroy village, figth vs lords big army, capture castle, torturing prisoners in dark cold dungeon prison torturing room? VVhy????????

1534850354_unknown_3-min.png

golosko said:
VVhy no one vids about bannerlord gamescom 2018 not show robing and destroy village, figth vs lords big army, capture castle, torturing prisoners in dark cold dungeon prison torturing room? VVhy????????

Because some of those features were disabled, and there was probably no time to get to that point either way.

Back
Top Bottom