?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Interesting stuff

Off-topic
@Al-Mansur and Iberian Wolf
I must give a try to Hispania 1200, but for Bannerlord I consider as you will do a mod about Hispania or even Europe during life of El Cid

This is in Turkish but someone translated most important parts to English in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/9a70v3/interview_with_armagan_yavuz_by_technopat_details/

Bjorn The Raider said:

This is in Turkish but someone translated most important parts to English in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/9a70v3/interview_with_armagan_yavuz_by_technopat_details/

Most important informations(at least for me):
-The family members can be used to lead the garrisons in fiefs. This way, Taleworlds will solve the ''sacking of villages'' problem. When the player is away from his village lets say his brother can protect it.
-There will be militia Powers in the game but they are double edged swords, they can be an advantage for the lord: protecting the fief against enemies or a disadvantage:can riot if the village is unhappy.
-Coop and naval combat will not be in the game in release but they may be included later on with dlcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1nV_y-aY4

as a kind of important info: "both city siege scenes and scenes where we walking around will be the same"

That's very interesting news, thanks for that Varrak. Siege scenes will be considerable in size then, with a lot of potential for street fighting; but I suppose that will depend on whether all the troops go to the wall to die before fighting reaches the streets. In last year's siege assault video the defenders retreated to the keep, so that there would be a further scene in the siege assault process; perhaps taking the outer walls in a city will end in chasing routers back to the palace/keep. I think it would be cool to come across bands of defenders who have been held back or decided to abandon the walls early when things started looking bad, and these defenders would block off a street (either simply with their formation or with the help of carts, stalls, furniture, anything they can get hold of), providing an exciting interlude before the keep assault.

Bjorn The Raider said:
Mounted troops left column:

Mounted troops right column:

I wonder what the point is of two separate lines of mounted troops, which have the same stats? Do they use different equipment?

@DanAngleland

Yeah, I noticed that too. Actually troop trees and their stats seem a little bit off if you look closely. As Callum said somwhere, troops can be changed, they are absolutely not final version.

Maybe vlandian knights being recruited from a separate tree is still a thing and the vanguard line is the peasant counterpart with similar stats but less equipped, like a man-at-arms, a cavalry less noble idk

Varrak said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1nV_y-aY4

as a kind of important info: "both city siege scenes and scenes where we walking around will be the same"

The same was true of some WFaS scenes where you could find ladders propped up against the town scene walls in the scene editor. Hopefully, the new engine's scene masking system can pull it off with greater elegance so only the required props (ladders, wall upgrades etc.) appear in game with the other scene assets masked.

Also, the designers now have access to a scene upgrade level system, (a scene masking system which is used in siege scenes to allow level 1-3 castles to be placed in one scene,)
https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/3244137880934579683

DanAngleland said:
I wonder what the point is of two separate lines of mounted troops, which have the same stats? Do they use different equipment?
Either leftover of (which would be boo) or future base for (which would be yay) the thing in one of the Q&As, which mentioned Vlandian knights requiring you to be buddies with local nobles to recruit appropriate troops from separate tree to obtain them. It was mentioned that ordinary troop tree would include man-at-arms that would have same skills but worse equipment.

So you can have your brother defend a fief for you? fantastic. Now I'm curious what role your sister would play? can you get her to do the same? also how many siblings can you have? (because typically medieval families were on the larger side due to a lack of contraceptives and high infant mortality) or has Armagan only been talking about step-siblings this whole time and we have just ran away with that idea. I really hope it's not the latter.

Also as brought up by @Referans, though I am not sure how seriously he was asking, will there be bastards? if so will they be treated as nobles? if not is there a possibility to legitimise them?

Bjorn The Raider said:
@DanAngleland

Yeah, I noticed that too. Actually troop trees and their stats seem a little bit off if you look closely. As Callum said somwhere, troops can be changed, they are absolutely not final version.
The skills are the exact same, however the right column seems to be more lightly armoured than the left, also if troops use perks then that could be one of the main differences as the left and right column could use mutually exclusive perks.

Just a thought.

How would siblings/parents work? Would it just be random when you start a game how many siblings you have? Choosing a starting village or city would also be really nice, instead of just the capital of one of the factions.

Also, having family members appear on the map as parties, noble or not, would be really cool. Say, for example, if your brother was travelling away from his home (the village you chose as your starting position), you could see him on the map travelling into the city, and go interact with him on his travels! He also wouldn't have to be a noble for this to happen, just a normal villager. If he is an important person in the village, he could even lead the band of village farmers that departs the village for the city every so often.

DanAngleland said:
That's very interesting news, thanks for that Varrak. Siege scenes will be considerable in size then, with a lot of potential for street fighting; but I suppose that will depend on whether all the troops go to the wall to die before fighting reaches the streets. In last year's siege assault video the defenders retreated to the keep, so that there would be a further scene in the siege assault process; perhaps taking the outer walls in a city will end in chasing routers back to the palace/keep. I think it would be cool to come across bands of defenders who have been held back or decided to abandon the walls early when things started looking bad, and these defenders would block off a street (either simply with their formation or with the help of carts, stalls, furniture, anything they can get hold of), providing an exciting interlude before the keep assault.

Bjorn The Raider said:

They might be focused around different weapon types. Maybe one line is specialized in polearms, while the other one is tilted towards one-handed weapons suited for closer engagements.

Nevertheless, I hope TW will prove this wrong by making pages, squires, gallants and knights a sub-troop tree that cannot be upgraded to. Instead, the player would have to integrate in the feudal system and build relations with the nobility.

There's some great potential that can be exploited with the knighthood. Knights can be more personalized by having their own generated names (kind of like companions) and be assigned to protect fiefs, organize, train and lead militias. Upgrading troops to knights could also require the king's approval.

...I hope I didn't delay the release by too much.

The Bowman said:
DanAngleland said:

Bjorn The Raider said:

They might be focused around different weapon types. Maybe one line is specialized in polearms, while the other one is tilted towards one-handed weapons suited for closer engagements.

Nevertheless, I hope TW will prove this wrong by making pages, squires, gallants and knights a sub-troop tree that cannot be upgraded to. Instead, the player would have to integrate in the feudal system and build relations with the nobility.

There's some great potential that can be exploited with the knighthood. Knights can be more personalized by having their own generated names (kind of like companions) and be assigned to protect fiefs, organize, train and lead militias. Upgrading troops to knights could also require the king's approval.

...I hope I didn't delay the release by too much.
Pages were generally young boys up to the age of around seven or eight so I don't know about their inclusion. Squires could also be similarly young (7+ to 14+ if I remember correctly) but are generally older so I don't see as many problems. Also I think that type of knight that you are thinking of is from a later time period where "knight" refers to a form of minor nobility, instead of (as I pointed out in another thread) a well armed horseman which is what it used to refer to, and still does, before it became a title of nobility.

So I think it's unnecessary to have a ruler's approval for a troop to become a knight like what would happen with squires (though I think sometimes people could act as a mediator for the monarch: not sure) because the knights in the game are not necessarily nobles.

Also about knights becoming more personalised with generated names: that's basically a companion factory and I don't think that would work very well in the game because that kind of seems game breaking.

The mortality rates of these personalised knights is not what would make them game breaking. Also I don't think companions are immortal anymore.

Honestly I can't really find the right words to describe how exactly I think that including them as you suggested would be game breaking. Just the idea of churning out what are basically companions doesn't sound very well balanced or in the spirit of Mount and Blade. That's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom