Map of Calradia 1084 (January 2021)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey thanks for your work, I used your map here https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/k34ort/bannerlord_village_resources_map_for_155/

By the way some of the settlement names seem to have been changed (in 1.5.6 at least)

In Aserai:
Village tied to Ain Baliq castle has been changed from Aiwalitas to Deir Hawa
Village tied to Hubyar has been changed from Deir Hawa to Waltas
Another village tied to Hubyar has been changed from Aiwalitas to Liwas
Village tied to Medeni Castle has changed from Qednar to Qidnar

Hey thanks for your work, I used your map here https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/k34ort/bannerlord_village_resources_map_for_155/

By the way some of the settlement names seem to have been changed (in 1.5.6 at least)

In Aserai:
Village tied to Ain Baliq castle has been changed from Aiwalitas to Deir Hawa
Village tied to Hubyar has been changed from Deir Hawa to Waltas
Another village tied to Hubyar has been changed from Aiwalitas to Liwas
Village tied to Medeni Castle has changed from Qednar to Qidnar
Thanks for info, will check names when I have time. (y)

Time for update!

With help of modding tools I have managed to use navmeshes from world map scene on my map and display mountains, also I remade everything from scratch (again. :iamamoron:) I wanted my map to match with ingame scene size, its means that when Taleworlds update their world map, it will be easier for me to track changes and update map.

Here it is, main post is updated aswell:
This map is amazing. You've outdone yourself. This is very useful.

Hello, little update on map.

January 2021.

- Uploaded all layers in .png format. Layers in 4000x4000 size, I left 4000x3200 frame among layers if someone will need it. Also there is link for ready presets with layers combined.
- Version without mountains is back.
- In 1.5.6 devs changed 17 villages names, primarily Aserai, 1-2 for other factions, updated this on map.

Main post updated, I also leave links here too:
Full size:

- Dark 4000x3200: Link
- Dark with mountains 4000x3200: Link
- Bright 4000x3200: Link
- Bright with mountains 4000x3200: Link
- Terrain with settlements 4000x3200: Link
Layers:
- All layers (.png 4000x4000): Link
- Ready presets with layers combined (.png 4000x3200): Link

Last edited:
Neat work. I assume that you were working on raster image, taking outlines etc., but were you taking any particular landmarks for the borders, or are those completely arbitrary? I am asking due to planned development of live map mod, I am interested in the way you decided where borders should be.

Neat work. I assume that you were working on raster image, taking outlines etc., but were you taking any particular landmarks for the borders, or are those completely arbitrary? I am asking due to planned development of live map mod, I am interested in the way you decided where borders should be.
Borders of regions is purely speculated, the belonging of villages to a particular city or castle match to the ingame map, for mountains I used navmesh map using modding tools with small adjustments to the shore lines in it.

Hey there,

Just stopping by to say thank you.

I've just recently bought Bannerlord, but I need to make my own map before I can start enjoying the game. Thanks to you, I don't have to start from scratch. However I know full well the effort you had to put in this. (I did the same in Warband years ago.)

A few thoughts:
- You forgot the villages of Deliat and Vathea (the names, not the icons).
- In order to show the true nature of Calradia, one has to display impassible terrain. Good thinking on using the map files, it saves a lot of work.
- Hehe, I found your little trick with the icons for towns, castles and villages. Very helpful indeed.
- Map making involves a lot of arbitrary decisions that are not as trivial as they might seem, but we rarely have a way of telling whether we're in the right or wrong. For what it's worth, we seem to think alike when it comes to guessing country borders or choosing the position of the names on the map.

Edit: In case you're interested I put the result here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord...is_a_map_there_are_many_like_it_but_this_one/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom