Users who are viewing this thread

Some changes I would like them to make:
-Rework the look of the mameluk. Maybe they can try to return to the previous model.
-The hidden hand does not quite convince me as a minor mercenary faction, I would prefer that they operate in the cities and their units would work better in street fights throwing their knives. Instead of them, it could be added to that faction that was going to be similar to the Varangian guards.
-The return of the sword sisters as a minor faction would also be interesting

Last edited:
armor for sturgians
the small amount of slavic helmets for sturgia hurts me

i edited gave the helmets some dating and stuff so that the devs would not mistake it for cuman helmets, in which they are totally not.

%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5%2C_%D0%9A%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B2.JPG

^ helmet from nikolskoe, oryol settlement 13th century, below from kiev 13th century. late for bannerlord, but we have 13th -14th century coat of plates and a 14th century helmet for sturgia so why not?

1280px-Helmet_mask_Vshchizh_2_GIM.jpg

^ half mask from western Russia near belarus from Vshizh/vschizh 12th century

below helmet from raikovets, 12th - early 13th century.
shlem-iz-Raiki.jpg

helmet from oskol river 10th century rus and khazar (sturgia and northern khuzait :mrgreen:)
1435837064.jpg

below nasal fragment from Izborsk. helmet is probably egg shaped
9jeXx0K.jpg

Norse and Skolderbrotva stuff for the nordic population in sturgia
_113865372_mediaitem113865371.jpg

^ helmet from yarm 10th century.

below helmet from lokrume 10th century. should totally be for the nordic population in sturgia. gjermundbu helmet is overrated.
lokrume3.jpg
v7oj4shii6e.jpg

Since the sons of the forest are based on the finns and balts, here are some suggestions
d57wdjp-838e22ea-4463-4c54-903e-edccf05c2d6e.jpg

^helmet from slonim 12th 13th century
a55f1b01c8ad33296104.jpg

nice historical art.

I'm very sad that the presence of Rus styled spectacle/half mask helmets in this game for Sturgia is zero, yet lots of Norse style spectacle helmets, so I decide to make this crude ass helm design thing.

9ab804e012e7416baee2452cf7f01ff8.jpg

rus inspired

lamellar for sturgia:
FJZdpex.jpg

5i769cL.jpg

this is supposed to be based on-
8lR9CAa.png

rus riveted scale I assume? imo it can do better, Like this :smile:
zEkF4Tg.jpg
nt9OxCW.jpg

this one is crude
As8rboD.jpg
qKKOM4u.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for contributing, some nice pics there!
If you want to add something, but your post is the last post in the thread, you can edit your last post and add it, because double posting is not allowed.
Cheers !

Khuzait (re edited since old post is very messy)

helmets

c275314476310236285898235a701822.jpg

^ helmet from Multa river belonging to a 9th - 11th century kimak warrior

4aa3612723f7f06a788a8c229b6d10f7.jpg

^ 12th - 14th century Kyrgyz helmet from Kyzlasov Khakass museum.

d5cacb1abe0bd47029f45c5e26410dbf.jpg

^12th - 13th c helmet from south western Kazakhstan based on depictions from Persian miniatures and a local drawing.

gJsz617.jpg

khazar helmet from Dmitrovka
3YKtLim.jpg

for Aserai, i feel like this faction needs more love in terms of armor.

13th century mamluke finds from damascus citadel, you can find similar helmets like this from islamic iberian (spain) depiction
NjneR93.jpg
QzZXsCV.jpg
N5yGRBl.jpg

Boiled leather lamellar
aUmkQlM.jpg
pTTnZPO.jpg

helmet from kairouan, tunisia
fxEzFJu.jpg
ky2cqpM.jpg

european depiction of Nureddin sultan wearing it
c6APuMw.jpg

17634709_301354380296261_1193794488348185478_n.jpg

thats it for today.

Vlandia
SyQne3f.jpg
gJt81lH.jpg
4DpyslN.jpg

ZeApXux.jpg
jMQoZJd.jpg

RnMNfhr.jpg
60uH0Ok.jpg

KFhDPbz.jpg

credit to Pavel Alekseychik

Last edited:
You didn't delete it, i merged it with your previous post because double posting is not allowed.
Check your last post, both of them are in there. Edit your posts if you want to add something, not double and triple post please.

every faction in this game should at least have a fully enclosed helmet like the vlandians and the khuzaits, at least for the ruling class or perhaps for the elite troop

a more "modern" and simplified version of this for the empire?
fxqjf7m-s_e.jpg

snail mask from great palace
6.jpg

the sutton hoo helm will fit the battanians in my opinion.
49aab08aaf1aa3ea1ceeef2a7d967e8d.jpg
The Empire already has that Cataphract helmet, I think they could use some more styles along those lines instead. I wouldn't mind the face mask look too much if I'm honest though, but I'd rather see it adapted to the Byzantine look we have going on.

Who's the snail mask meant to be for?

And no to the Sutton Hoo helmet. That's Anglo Saxon. Battania is meant to be celtic, I'd rather not make them more fantastical than they already are cough Warlord armour cough.

i saw two clones of my post and i think i accidentally deleted the merged one lol

snail mask for the empire. they can also use the sturgian mask helmet since the kievan rus borrowed lots of armor from the ERE, and yes i know that the sutton hoo helm is anglo saxon, but the battanians have the dacian falx which is not celtic at all

snail mask for the empire. they can also use the sturgian mask helmet since the kievan rus borrowed lots of armor from the ERE, and yes i know that the sutton hoo helm is anglo saxon, but the battanians have the dacian falx which is not celtic at all
Snail mask looks ugly, so maybe not so much.

As for falxes, I might be spitting bull****, but apparently the celts had similar designs, and they did have interactions with the Dacians. Tbh, I don't really like falxes either though tbh, and I honestly would rather see a completely anachronistic claymore for Battania.

And I dunno why, but maybe the roman mask could work for Battania instead? Maybe its something they've taken to from the earlier Calradic Empire? I dunno.

i saw two clones of my post and i think i accidentally deleted the merged one lol
Please edit your posts if you want to add something, it was the second time double posting, but as i see you are new here and these are your first posts, i understand.
Same rules apply for everyone.

Snail mask looks ugly, so maybe not so much.

As for falxes, I might be spitting bull****, but apparently the celts had similar designs, and they did have interactions with the Dacians. Tbh, I don't really like falxes either though tbh, and I honestly would rather see a completely anachronistic claymore for Battania.

And I dunno why, but maybe the roman mask could work for Battania instead? Maybe its something they've taken to from the earlier Calradic Empire? I dunno.
i dont think the celts used falxes like weapons, if there is i need proof

If I'm interpreting this amazing infographic right... Dacians are in fact Celtic?

If so, I'm suddenly okay with falxs.

Let's say that due to the expansion (Hallstatt - La Téne), a certain celtification of the local tribes (mostly Getae-Dacian regions) took place, producing a cultural exchange; something similar to what happened to my Iberian ancestors (celtiberian genesis)...
Falx would definitely enter into the "Celtic orbit" and therefore its appearance in the Battania panoply is plausible.

"Celt" isn't an ethnicity or even a language group, it was more like a socialtal and cultural trend that neighbouring people copied from one another. Celtic stuff has been found as far as Uzbekistan. It's impossible to draw a distinct boundary between celts and non-celts for this reason, and you could even argue that the early Romans were Celtic to some degree. The Dacians were definitely somewhat Celtic around the time when they were using falxes.

The more armors coming to Bannerlord, the better! Its nice to see people talking about it here again :grin:

I'm looking foward to see something new added to vlandians.. but everytime a new armor is added to the game I get excited.

For Aserai:
png-transparent-umayyad-caliphate-saracen-al-andalus-al-bidaya-wal-nihaya-arabs-ancient-army-miscellaneous-painted-superhero.png

^ Umayyads

^ Also Umayyads

^ Ghilman

^ Arab Faris under Saladin

^ Mubarizun elite warrior of the Rashidun on the left

^ Mubarizun warrior on the right, and Ansar mobile guard cavalry

^ Ansar cavalry

Last edited:
For Aserai:

^ Umayyads

^ Also Umayyads

^ Ghilman

^ Arab Faris under Saladin

^ Mubarizun elite warrior of the Rashidun on the left

^ Mubarizun warrior on the right, and Ansar mobile guard cavalry

^ Ansar cavalry

im not sure about the saracens using kettle hats, but as far as i know there is no evidence of them using kettle hats

also the Ghilman dude with the blue horse is wearing a 13th century cuman kipchak helmet, not sure about that too

"Saracen" is an extremely broad (and basically useless) term and includes practically half the mediterranean and huge chunks of asia. The idea that none of them would use kettle helmets is kind of ridiculous.

These images are sourced from archaeology and contemporary depictions of the equipment soldiers would have used. They aren't always completely accurate but until you provide evidence that they're wrong (rather than just a massively generalising hunch), Im inclined to believe them.

im not sure about the saracens using kettle hats, but as far as i know there is no evidence of them using kettle hats

also the Ghilman dude with the blue horse is wearing a 13th century cuman kipchak helmet, not sure about that too
Many Ghilman were Turkic, just like the Mamluks.

Doesn't this Andalusian war a kettle helmet? A unique looking one. Not sure if it's also called kettle, though.

This is also Andalusian:
2555b15e8801fe6983fcf03969a22cf9.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom