Users who are viewing this thread

@Al_Mansur Very nice design idea ! Leather surcoat or scale armor i like the two !

Thank you. The "leather surcoat" might actually be an early form of coat of plates. It is the Osprey interpretation of a Spanish manuscript dated circa 1220:
LcsAZpl.jpg
I thought about this alternative because although the scale cuirass is great and reminds both the Carolingian era and the Norman epic in the Mediterranean world, it may also make the Vlandian knight look too close to other factions using a lot of scales armors, especially the Empire. An early coat of plates would thus make the Vlandians more peculiar, as well as not contradicting Taleworlds' choice too much.

@Al_Mansur Come on, man :lol:, you know as well as I do that that's not leather, it's Castillan-Aragonese gambeson (perpunt).
717-6_large.jpg

f4d67821b2cbbee01fa3229fbcad6c85.jpg
And the whole scale thing is as valid as lamellar over mail due to the Byzantine influence in Italy?

Anyway, let me tell you that everything that is being discussed here and how good the feedback is, has already been suggested to Taleworlds by us. What I can't say for sure is how Taleworlds will use that feedback in the end; because I repeat, the last word is theirs.

@Al_Mansur Yes, you're right it's better to give each faction a simple identity: a faction have coat of plates another have scale armors.

@Terco_Viejo I think Al Mansur refers to something more ancient than this gambeson, very nice photo remind me excellent mod Hispania 1200 (using Al Mansur's props and models :xf-wink:): a gem !

Scales armors were pretty common among crusaders during first crusade for what i red, but i'm not totally sure.

I could play beta for 30 seconds before disconnect and i'm very very disapointed with the human body proportions... It's for me very very immersion breaking. Also, i always don't understand where is the age slider for character creation ?

Last edited:
@Al_Mansur Come on, man :lol:, you know as well as I do that that's not leather, it's Castillan-Aragonese gambeson (perpunt).
717-6_large.jpg

f4d67821b2cbbee01fa3229fbcad6c85.jpg

The color and side lacing of the source I posted (Beato de Arroyo) make it quite different from both the Castilian-Andalusian presumably quilted sleeved surcoat of your miniature (Beato de Las Huelgas, circa 1220) and the Aragonese perpunt, mostly based on a Barcelonese frescoe from the 1290s. The leather coat of plates or even mere leather "perpunt" interpretation make sense to my eyes, but even if wrong, it would still be OK for Bannerlord. Again, a low fantasy game is an opportunity to use the cool but erroneous interpretations historians made.

And the whole scale thing is as valid as lamellar over mail due to the Byzantine influence in Italy?

Yea exactly, which is why it's problematic as the Empire is mostly based on Byzantium.

Anyway, let me tell you that everything that is being discussed here and how good the feedback is, has already been suggested to Taleworlds by us. What I can't say for sure is how Taleworlds will use that feedback in the end; because I repeat, the last word is theirs.

I'm plenty aware of it :wink: I just want to share the ideas that have been boiling in my mind for days, whatever Taleworlds will or not take inspiration or even catch a glimpse of it. Designing stuffs for more or less historical video games has always been one of my favorite hobbies, for the mere sake of designing. You have your imagination, the historical sources and the game's format and limitations, and you have to make something relevant out of it. It's a tricky and stimulating exercice.
Here is a Burgundian castle concept I made for a hypothetical Burgundian civilization in Age of Empires II:
DEHNZ7Y.jpg
It's quite representative of the exercice.

@Ettenrocal
The thing is the coat of plates Taleworlds designers choosed triggered me as it's typical of the mid to late 13th century and is so close to Warband's Swadian one. So I thought a good solution would be an earlier form of CoP. There might be even earlier sources, ideally from before circa 1200 which is the limit I set for my redesigning so that not not to contradict Taleworlds designs too much.
As to the age slider, I think it is not working yet.

this sultan outfit is so good
@Terco_Viejo is the pieces of sultan armor from the game ?!

jSzOi.jpg

I wish it were so, but it's not so, buddy :lol:. The only thing in the game in that outfit are the boots and the gloves. If you want to see all the items you can check the excel files in the first page of the thread of the different fellows where all the existing items are listed by factions.

I wish it were so, but it's not so, buddy :lol:. The only thing in the game in that outfit are the boots and the gloves. If you want to see all the items you can check the excel files in the first page of the thread of the different fellows where all the existing items are listed by factions.

?, then i hope someone mode it later.

yeah i checked it , but is those items all what we will get in SP or its just for Beta ?!

?, then i hope someone mode it later.

yeah i checked it , but is those items all what we will get in SP or its just for Beta ?!

Presumably this is all the existing content which is used for both SP and MP. Additionally, the devs have commented that they are working on new models and therefore the item pool will be expanded during the course of the EA eventually.

Presumably this is all the existing content which is used for both SP and MP. Additionally, the devs have commented that they are working on new models and therefore the item pool will be expanded during the course of the EA eventually.
thanks, so its not the complete set . one more question if you dont mind , in the beta they color the clothes for every faction Asserai brown , Battaina green etc is this for all SP as well or just MP, cuz in EA trailer & every SP trailer its was without those colors
I hope they dont apply this to SP

thanks, so its not the complete set . one more question if you dont mind , in the beta they color the clothes for every faction Asserai brown , Battaina green etc is this for all SP as well or just MP, cuz in EA trailer & every SP trailer its was without those colors

giphy.gif

Well, I really don't know what they have in mind for us in this regard; certainly having seen the videos we can expect a colorful tutifruti.

We discussed the subject in this thread (check it out) if you're interested in it.

It will be applied to Sp troops as well, so long as they belong to a faction. Bandit factions use neutral colors.
Older videos should be considered as work in progress, so things do look different now.

It will be applied to Sp troops as well, so long as they belong to a faction. Bandit factions use neutral colors.
Older videos should be considered as work in progress, so things do look different now.

That is sad news indeed : ( hoping this redesign was just for MP to keep it easier to define friend from foe in competitive matches)
For me the ability to restrain the temptation of going typical mainstream, “gamey” /football team” style aesthetics was huge advantage of Tale Worlds approach. With so straightforward concept- imho the design loses it’s immersity a lot.
Could understand perhaps the empire, with more uniformed military organization- but imagining wives and doughters of Battanian or Sturgian wild bunch mercenaries dyeing their clothes in saturated pigments to make them look like football team makes me laugh a bit :wink:

Last edited:
thats bad. There is already ally icon on top of their head. We don't need certain colors to distinguish enemies

Actually I'm a fan. It's a slight loss of realism for a big benefit to gameplay aesthetics. After all we should now be able to see the difference between North, West and South empire troops at a glance. Also even if your army is a mish mash of different nations at least they will have a consistent colouring.

Scheme of colors (a set of like 4-5 colors) would be better than just one color making them look like a foobtball team (nice comparison). Empire's factions could get color scheme with less colors cause they are more "militarized".

Back
Top Bottom