Users who are viewing this thread

here are some of my variations
TMt3q.jpg
aVqDD.jpg
oIl0v.jpg
kFRB-.jpg

My redone for empire archer militia. I made this just because they are less armoured if we compare with other factions' cheap archer units. @alieser

Last edited:
Some feedback on the new multiplayer troops:

- Virtually all of Aserai, Battania, Vlandia and Empire look absolutely fantastic, Khuzaits a bit less so but that's perhaps simply my personal taste rather than an objective analysis.
- Especially Battania looks absolutely fantastic, really well done on them.
- Regarding the Aserai, I do have to say that I did prefer the old Beduin look, and it would also fit for them to look a little bit different compared to the rest of the roster, since their background is that they're not really part of the mainstream Aserai culture but rather tribal nomads from the deepest deserts.
- Sturgia, while overall it indeed looks better since the changes, I now believe is the most lackluster out of all the factions. Again; despite them looking way better than before, they're mostly the "worst looking" now because all the other ones were made so fantastically good looking.
- My main complaints are the Berzerkers and the Druzhinnik. I do agree that going shirtless fits the class considering their background and role, but the rest of their appearence doesn't complement the shirtless look too well.
- The Druzhinnik I believe were done a misservice, they are the only class I think looks worse than before. Their helmets (while perhaps more historically accurate considering their real life counterparts) don't look good at all. The furs don't complement the rest of their armour, and being without gauntlets/gloves makes them look poor and not at all "equipped with the best weapons and armour".
- The Varyag uses an ornamental eastern helmet when they're supposedly Nord mercenaries. I believe you should give that helmet back to the Druzhinnik, remove the furs from the Druzhinnik, give them gloves/gauntlets, work on their lamellar armour a little bit, and give the Varyags a new helmet that looks more nordic.

Overall, very well done, Sturgia needs a little bit more work though in my opinion.

Thank you, you guys are way too kind. I will work on spicing up Aserai as well, that's the next target after Battania and Sturgia. So right now is a good time for some suggestions about Aserai.
marwan-musa-mubs.jpg

This is Mubarizun(elites of the Rashidun caliphate, aka during the rise of Islam.)

marwan-musa-mubarz.jpg

H3CMlX3.png

eTOWvGU.jpg

nReMkeR.jpg

CVm7S4l.jpg

And those 3 pictures are all Abbasid troops.

10.png

And these helmets are Seljuk of Rum helmets.

9a5069302ebcb74f0d740cffd25af800.jpg

And these are Umayyad Askari armor.

7c209ee881e45f3d75b1b69cb3377d4c.jpg

And this is Ayyubid Mamluk

@Ettenrocal Why don't you retrieve that feedback from the past, sort it out and share it with us here? There's a month to go for the EA, maybe the flute will play.

Remenber this thread ? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/design-choices.387252/

Sometimes you need peoples to be the bad guy to move things. I prefer people hate me and have a good game than the contrary :xf-oops:

I was also quite active in this interesting thread of Gerrodot about Sturgia https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ook-too-much-vikings-troops-names-etc.386904/

Happy to see that now with the last patch most of the critics done in this two threads are fixed. The base is very good now just need polish or little adjusments.

Here interesting pictures about early Rus to more 11th century Rus like (3 last pictures):

scale_1200
early_rus_warrior.png
RUS02_Varjazi_One_4_42042.jpeg
eastern_viking.jpg

early_rus_warrior.jpg
early_rus_pillage.jpg
slavic_warriors_2.jpg

original.jpg
1502377365182389402.jpg
russian_army.jpg
oleksandr-tereshchenko-0-web-pb-2016-nejatina-niva-1078-800x548.jpg

Last edited:
Remenber this thread ? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/design-choices.387252/

Sometimes you need peoples to be the bad guy to move things. I prefer people hate me and have a good game than the contrary :xf-oops:

I was also quite active in this interesting thread of Gerrodot about Sturgia https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ook-too-much-vikings-troops-names-etc.386904/

Happy to see that now with the last patch most of the critics done in this two threads are fixed. The base is very good now just need polish or little adjusments.

Here interesting pictures about early Rus:

scale_1200
early_rus_warrior.png
eastern_viking.jpg

early_rus_warrior.jpg
early_rus_pillage.jpg

original.jpg
Good art!
I tried to be inspired by similar work in making my variations of Sturgia.

Here interesting pictures about early Rus to more 11th century Rus like (3 last pictures):

scale_1200
early_rus_warrior.png
eastern_viking.jpg

early_rus_warrior.jpg
early_rus_pillage.jpg
slavic_warriors_2.jpg

original.jpg
1502377365182389402.jpg
russian_army.jpg
oleksandr-tereshchenko-0-web-pb-2016-nejatina-niva-1078-800x548.jpg

I have also burned out the keyboard keys on numerous threads in the past by writing what would be necessary IMO certain aesthetic changes in Battania, Sturgia and other factions. The conception of this thread (the one we are in) was a totally spontaneous response as a consequence of the @CKyHC y thread.
This thread was created with the intention of bringing together diverse opinions (of whoever wanted to participate in it) in reference to the aesthetic section of the units. In your speech you seem to make a lot of emphasis on the fact that you gave feedback in the past, it seems to me correct as many others did too. However, I am impressed by the fact that I can read in your speech between lines a certain resentment by which this thread has managed to achieve a direct impact that on the contrary your proposals did not achieve and that their authors have "more validity". And it is not so; the last decision is and will always be Taleworlds'.

No matter who gives the feedback, the important thing is the result and for the vast majority of people, the aesthetic change has been positive and will surely be improved in future updates. So, comment on what you think of the new changes and propose alternatives to what you think is not working.

I was just answering your comment who was suggesting to gather the feedback from the past and never said i was the only to complain, indeed there was many many people. Body proportions have been change in an autumn update not long after i "flame" in the design thread maybe it was because of my thread maybe not, i don't care. This is not a competition about who make the best thread, surely this is one better, it took me almost one hour to upload Rus images from my collection so i can't imagine the amount of time this thread represent. The character design in september was so bad i'm really happy about the last patch. I'll try to put other images from my "collection" other days.

I've put this Rus pictures to help cause some people made remarks about the helms for Sturgia and i thought it could help, cause it's not easy pictures to find. Those pictures can also be nice inspiration for the overall faction design. I can't make more remarks for now, as i said before (my computer is broken) , so for now i can't comment more until i can play beta.

For the last patch the thing that shock me the most is the vlandian sergeants that wear knight pot helmet, sergeant could wear any other helm but not that kind of helm wich is a knight helmet ! They could wear simplier pot helmet (without faceplate) or the others helmets norman spangenhelm or capeline
PotHelmet_00.png63574A8F-839B-43CD-AF41-99F1C2EA83D0Default.jpg

Last edited:
Out of interest guys here's how the legionary would look with the old helmet but the new armour;

mhd9sL4.png

Looks pretty good but still prefer the older look I think. Overall I'm looking forward to it being reworked.

Maybe they could differentiate each empire factions making one more western Empire style (using this helm
AxiosXiphos prefer) and one or two like now more "Byzantine" style.

Historically the picture of Jerald of Rivacheg depict a Byzantine soldier of 13 th century with a byzantion helmet. Could still be use in Bannerlord. It could be use also in one of the three empire faction.

Last edited:
I want to share my thoughts on new Huscarl. New class called Varyag has this leather cloak looks very unusual to me. How about a over shoulder big cloak.
Huscarl_Cloak.jpg

f96f2bc4f00021984945c7d2c3d0f7cd.jpg

ps: nothing works where do you guys upload

Last edited:
The only new troops I don't like the look of are high tier ones like legionnaire and huskarl. Idk whether the new looks is more thematically fitting, but they just aren't as impressive. They should stand out more and be easy to tell they're high tier.

Back
Top Bottom