Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,
Great suggestions going here, please keep them coming! I have this thread bookmarked.
I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an overhaul on Battanian armors, which are very much in line with the consensus here. I won't be able to share them yet, but you will be able to see them during the early access. We are also working on other stuff that I hope I'll be able to share in the future.
Wow amazing, thanks for the communication we really do appreciate it.

Already in the works : )
Just a question, what is your approach to the changes coming to the Sturgian aesthetics? Regarding the Batannians you wrote that you guys agree with the consensus in the thread. How about the Sturgians? There's criticism that they look too Norse rather than Slavic/Rus, is this being factored in to the incoming changes or are you just generally improving upon already existing aesthetics of the faction?

Just a question, what is your approach to the changes coming to the Sturgian aesthetics? Regarding the Batannians you wrote that you guys agree with the consensus in the thread. How about the Sturgians? There's criticism that they look too Norse rather than Slavic/Rus, is this being factored in to the incoming changes or are you just generally improving upon already existing aesthetics of the faction?

Not really about improving the already existing aesthetic, but "Slavifying" the general look. Existing Sturgian armors work more in favor of the Nordic side, so we're trying the fill the gap of the Slavic/Rus part. Generally going for a more eastern-influenced look, chainmails, lamellars, more svita, more slavic patterns etc.
I've seen that the people in this thread have also agreed upon the same thing, and I'm getting lots of help and guidance by Piconi and Terco_Viejo, so I believe we're on the right path about it. : )

Not really about improving the already existing aesthetic, but "Slavifying" the general look. Existing Sturgian armors work more in favor of the Nordic side, so we're trying the fill the gap of the Slavic/Rus part. Generally going for a more eastern-influenced look, chainmails, lamellars, more svita, more slavic patterns etc.
I've seen that the people in this thread have also agreed upon the same thing, and I'm getting lots of help and guidance by Piconi and Terco_Viejo, so I believe we're on the right path about it. : )
Will you add Vlandian sergeant helmet without faceplate for variation? Like this one "https://pasteboard.co/IVgEszo.jpg"

Thanks for all the info, everything sounds reassuring and good. I'd just like to something: If the idea is that Nords are employed by Sturgians as infantry mercenaries, being able to distinguish between the Nord and Sturgian troops on the battlefield simply by looking at their armour will be an additional immersive way of "Show" storytelling.

Looking forward to the early access. Best of luck and thanks for the communication lately.

Last edited:

I am interested how this will be implemented. Will certain troop types look Nordic and certain ones Slavic? Or will it be more like each troop type has Nordic variations and Slavic variations? I'm more in favour of the latter as I think it will really merge the two cultures in a more natural way?

Overall though they are only Sturgians anyway - chaff to crush underneath imperial boots...

I am interested how this will be implemented. Will certain troop types look Nordic and certain ones Slavic? Or will it be more like each troop type has Nordic variations and Slavic variations? I'm more in favour of the latter as I think it will really merge the two cultures in a more natural way?

Overall though they are only Sturgians anyway - chaff to crush underneath imperial boots...

I don't know how the armors will be distrubuted in the troop trees, sorry. But we won't remove the already existing Nordic armors.

I don't know how the armors will be distrubuted in the troop trees, sorry. But we won't remove the already existing Nordic armors.
Okay; well you guys know what you are doing! I am just glad assets won't be getting thrown out the door. Wasting any would be a shame as everything looks nice; just its application which maybe needs reviewing.

Why you are picking questions? Instead of making everyone happy? What is the superiority of question that above you answered. Why my question not answering. This game is in the center of my life. Why you are not responding anything I ask?

Why you are picking questions? Instead of making everyone happy? What is the superiority of question that above you answered. Why my question not answering. This game is in the center of my life. Why you are not responding anything I ask?

Not that one, but this one's much better, don't you think?
zwJXn.jpg

Not that one, but this one's much better, don't you think?
zwJXn.jpg
Simplicity is the key of beauty. My point is French/Norman flattop helmet without faceplate used by french crusaders mostly. But I see they don't want to implement those helmets on vlandia even though it is accurate the Bannerlord period which takes places in 10th-11th century.

Last edited:
Simplicity is the key of beauty. My point is French/Norman flattop helmet without faceplate used by french crusaders mostly. But I see they don't want to implement those helmets on vlandia even though it is accurate the Bannerlord period which takes places in 10th-11th century.

I'm sorry, I just didn't want to give promises I'm not sure I can keep. The armor Terco shared is a Vlandian lord armor, I can ask for a simplified and stripped down version of the top structure, removing the neckguard and side guards. How does that sound?

But I see they don't want to implement those helmets on vlandia even though it is accurate the Bannerlord period which takes places in 10th-11th century.
It is not as simple as one would think. We have many helmets for Vlandia, most than all other factions (30-35 helmets for Vlandia alone IIRC).
The one Terco posted is quite close to the one you've shown. We would all like if it was possible to quickly edit the existing armors and with just a few tweaks, make them into something more consistent and recognisable, however, there are some technicalities need to be looked into before to see if and what exact possibilities we have in that area.
I surely would not say they "don't want" to do something just because.
Have no worries, we have our amazing Ali to engolden Bannerlord for us !

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just didn't want to give promises I'm not sure I can keep. The armor Terco shared is a Vlandian lord armor, I can ask for a simplified and stripped down version of the top structure, removing the neckguard and side guards. How does that sound?
Sounds okay for me. I dont want to make things difficult for you to steal development time. All are up to you. That was only a question as a Vlandia fan.

The Devs are unbelievably patient.
I want to congratulate the concept art team for their work and effort. If the community is boiling with creativity it's because of the amazing work made by the creative staff. I really hope that this beautiful show of care and love by the community isn't being missenterpreted by the company as a way to pressure the art team.
We all have our preferences regarding style and visuals, and I think it's nice that people are presenting theirs. Piconi's and terco's suggestions are nice and respectful. However, I worry that community members with more passionate ways of describing their preferences may sway the artists away from their own creative freedom. I hope that the devs are being respected and, in the end, Taleworlds' artists are able to present their own visions in the final product.

Back
Top Bottom