Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,
Great suggestions going here, please keep them coming! I have this thread bookmarked.
I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an overhaul on Battanian armors, which are very much in line with the consensus here. I won't be able to share them yet, but you will be able to see them during the early access. We are also working on other stuff that I hope I'll be able to share in the future.
This makes me to happy to hear. Battania right now just reminds me of rag-tag forest bandits. Glad they're gonna look a lot better.

Hey guys,
Great suggestions going here, please keep them coming! I have this thread bookmarked.
I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an overhaul on Battanian armors, which are very much in line with the consensus here. I won't be able to share them yet, but you will be able to see them during the early access. We are also working on other stuff that I hope I'll be able to share in the future.
Nice to hear, please also consider a similar treatment for Sturgia:smile:

Already in the works : )
Cannot wait bud. Thanks for the hard work.

I wanted to express some examples of my ideal Battanian units without just typing it out. Don't have photoshop so I sketched (poorly):
Clan Warrior:
-Green tunic, mid-thigh or knee length (It's hem either patterned or tasselled).
-Thin leather belt with simple buckle.
-Bare legs or knee length shorts tied with string.
-Simple leather boots or Roman style sandals.
-Tartan cloak/sash
-Bare head or simple spangenhelm with padding (I wrote pot but meant skullcap).
-Convex round shield.
EFIa1.jpg

Wildling - Described as a caste who live outside the settlements and come down from their forests to fight as skirmishers but have heavier armour than clan warriors, bit odd:
-Long Knee length or longer tunic with long sleeves - tartan pattern.
-Celtic neck ring (Torc)
-Bare legs and feet or roman style sandals.
-If extra armour is picked add gambeson Or like this gambeson.
-No helm or light helmet.
-Hand axe
-Javelins
-Small round convex shield or square Pict style shield.
X7HqD.jpg

Savage:
Not much to change here just less immense trousers.
1QPB1.jpg

Fiann - Not sure where the current armour design comes from, but here's something a bit closer to real noble warriors:

Oathbound - Other than Savage probably the closest one:
-Current helmet is great.
-Torc
-Hauberk. Add rectangle Scale Mail to chest if extra armour perk.
-Tartan sash.
-Long sleeved knee length tunic.
-Bare legs with boots or trousers and boots with legwraps.
-Round, convex Shield
-Spatha based sword.
ZG5CB.jpg

Also here is another Battania resource dump from Viking Conquest & Brytenwalda (Pict's, Irish and Britons):

rXblD.jpg

ndOTt.jpg

If65B.jpg

xWdKI.jpg

fLWNO.jpg

lpDez.jpg

yGuZP.jpg

v741l.jpg

6eNB0.jpg

W_3ha.jpg

hxLwX.jpg

ohmT_.jpg

VVj-l.jpg

cQ1OW.jpg

RaziD.jpg

3lL6H.jpg

K6QbB.jpg

ehyXI.jpg

a5pgH.jpg

EuYbE.jpg
oJr2c.jpg
fNReC.jpg
Kp1mI.jpg
o8QEr.jpg
DqqBJ.jpg
LYeS7.jpg
Idklo.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,
✅
Already in the works : )
✅

Yes, something like 4th guy from the left

*Edit* : For the guys from Turkey who can't see the image, here is the image of Jerald's post
https://www.historyonthenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/normans_0.png
Sorry man, I would've changed the link but I am working at the moment, but yeah, the current Vlandian Serg' is already wearing the enclosed helm which is more of a second Crusade era evolution of that very helmet, so pot helms without the faceplate is entirely expected. The helm the sergeant has now is essentially the predecessor of the Great Helm.
I highly recommend Ian Laspina's video on the great helm if you're interested, great videos:

Last edited:
I agree with the rework of Battania's armor, although I must admit that I like the armor of the fiann XD. I would like you to add versions with helmet of the wolf and bear skins (like in viking conquest)
un-poco-de-odio.jpg
20180704010421_1.1.jpg

Sorry man, I would've changed the link but I am working at the moment, but yeah, the current Vlandian Serg' is already wearing the enclosed helm which is more of a second Crusade era evolution of that very helmet, so pot helms without the faceplate is entirely expected. The helm the sergeant has now is essentially the predecessor of the Great Helm.
I highly recommend Ian Laspina's video on the great helm if you're interested, great videos:

I checked the mpitems file yesterday. The current sergeants wearing that kind of helm with faceplate. Unfortunately, without faceplate version is not exists even though it is common type of helm. Maybe TaleWorlds hear this calling I hope. Thank you for the video by the way.

I checked the mpitems file yesterday. The current sergeants wearing that kind of helm with faceplate. Unfortunately, without faceplate version is not exists even though it is common type of helm. Maybe TaleWorlds hear this calling I hope. Thank you for the video by the way.
That's odd - Maybe it's just not in the Beta files. Personally I'd prefer if none of them had the faceplate. Lets hope they are! No worries man.

I agree with the rework of Battania's armor, although I must admit that I like the armor of the fiann XD. I would like you to add versions with helmet of the wolf and bear skins (like in viking conquest)
un-poco-de-odio.jpg
20180704010421_1.1.jpg
The problem with the Fiann (And Battania in general) is that some of their units just don't reflect the culture they're meant to draw inspiration from in this case, at all. It looks to me that Battania's visual design has been changing a lot behind the scenes along with it's unit list - Have a look at this:

In this build the Ulfhednar a very Viking style unit from the Sturgian's was just part of Battania for reasons, the Fiann's looked like Oathbound and all the units still just look like brown leather clothed bandits. All this armour would look fine on bandits or in Skyrim but when you have such a nice looking Byzantine faction and a really good Middle Eastern and Steppe style factions Battania and Sturgia really stick out as not having the same amount of love as the others and Battania has strayed furthest from it's inspiration.

The Ulfhednar the Berserker unit - Berserker loosely translates to Bear-Shirt or Bare-Shirt either way they've got both. It's written in that image 'Norse Axe Warrior' it does not belong on Battania but is already in Sturgia. Although they do have the "Wolf Skins" minor faction so maybe one of the MP units could be inspired by them and wear a wolf pelt. But generally the Celts of Britain didn't wear random scraps of furs or leather haphazardly stitched together. They were craftsmen:
cLr3Q.jpg

XYsL-.jpg

G4HGW.png
That's why I've been pushing hard for it.
The Fianna are a legendary band of roving warriors in Ireland - Mainly the sons & daughters of Irish Nobility who were either not in line to inherit or too young to do so. They should be well equipped but their current armour doesn't look very Celtic and has a serious case of Skyrim leather scraps syndrome. I've said this a lot now, bits of Battania's gear is really good, it's just buried under some odd design choices and the heaviest case of Skyrim leather scraps syndrome I've seen in a long time. An injection of Gaelic and Briton was needed to set them back on the right path.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom