Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi

Fashionista
Community Manager
Last updates - OP on 05. December 2019. / concepts up to page #16

As we can see, the main man Armağan himself has blessed this thread .
Only together we can engold Bannerlord !

wLt7I.gif

This thread came to being as a result of somewhat dissatisfactory appearance of certain units seen in the game so far, and later because of the wave of inspirationTerco_Viejo and I had while reviving the bannersketch thread, among few other members, that led us to offer solutions for those unit models, as well as suggestions for aditional units that would gladly be seen in the Native module upon release, or in a mod.

The purpose of this thread is to try and raise awarness of the developers working on Bannerlord about community toughts and proposals, by compiling all of the members sketches, 2D designs and 3D model images all in one place,
but also serving as a possible concept art or even the platform of a future Native expansion mod down the road, which is the last resort if developers don't take into consideration our suggestions.

Feel free and encouraged to share your ideas, designs, sketches and models of your own toughts about how you see differently certain unit, NPC, leader or a civilian, and all hand made images that reach a certain aesthetic standard ( are not disliked by majority of the community) will be incorporated in the original post, which is sorted by factions.

If there happens to already be a sketch or a model of a unit you wanted to create, don't be shy, create it how you imagined it and share, difference of opinions will be welcomed here, plus the more models, the better!

The post will be updated with new community pictures as often as possible (i.e. as often as members post their images on this thread) in order to raise the chances of developers seeing everything we have to offer eyecandy-wise !

Everything is inside the spoilers which are directly below the respective faction flags.

xJaDf.png
There are many sketches in the post #1, right below the OP, because of lack of space in the OP (almost the maximum 40k characters reached) !
Tutorial for mesh swapping and file downloads are in the post below as well

We always need more ideas !

Props to Count Delinard for suggesting this kind of thread in the first place, and to CKyHC for being this thread`s ideological father !

BDxx5I8.png

by CKyHC

by CKyHC(+)

"Rhagaea and her daughter Ira take ambassadors from Khuzait Khanate and Princedom of Sturgia"

by Piconi

"The one who is granted a pronoia (a piece of land), an additional mounted unit, basicaly a non-noble knight, that would add more variety"

by Piconi

by Poncho (+)

by Piconi

"A really quick (thus not so pretty) sketch of an aditional unit i would like the Empire to have; a sort of Empire`s own "Varangian Guard". Having in mind history sources, my suggestion is that this unit should be a heavy infantry unit with a spear, shield and a heavy 2-handed axe . Kettle helmet with full faced mail coif is mandatory in my opinion, as it is the most recognizable feature of the Varangians who were in service of Byzantium, the cape, on the other hand, is optional... "

by Terco_Viejo

"Recycling a old Tercosketch in which I spoke about the menavlion I have introduced the "new models" to give us an idea. In this way the infantry troop in the basic troop tree (current / 2019) is more or less "standardized". On the other hand the elite cavalry is the one that should make use of this type of more voluminous armor along with full and semi bards for horses. In this way (in my opinion) everything would be a little more in tune with each other."

by Poncho

7Zepw.png
by Piconi

JuanNieve said:
I would like to see more helmets that cover the entire face for the cataphracts

16fcc2926873be902a8d8c6629a7020a--ancient-rome-roman-empire.jpg
71ab5a65d657e6a311a21af9d3185058.jpg
by Piconi

"I tried to do it with a really quick sketch

I would love to also have some cataphract variety, with and without mask, with and without cape, all in the same unit . . ."

by Terco_Viejo

"This time it has been the turn of the southern empire through a somewhat more romanized approach than usual.

Ira: (Arenicos and Rhagea's Daughter) [...]His one child, Ira, was a daughter. There had been ruling empresses of Calradia in the past, but Ira had a wild and irreverent streak. Her right to rule was championed by her mother, Rhagaea, Arenicos's foreign-born wife. “It is good for the children of emperor's to succeed their fathers,” her partisans said. “If we unite in loyalty to the imperial family, the civil wars will stop.”[...] (Dev Blog 08/02/1:cool:

Excubitor: Ira's personal guard; heavy infantry.

Drungarios Cavalryman: This would be the representation of the Lord Commander Drungarios of the Watch. An elite medium shock cavalry."

by Terco_Viejo

"In this sketch I imagine the three units of The Watchers troop tree and their leader. According to the empire's blog reference, the Watchers:

As in all the realms of Calradia, regional variation throughout the empire will be shown largely through minor factions. Imperial border areas tend to be rougher and more chaotic than the heartland, and in the game are represented by frontiersmen. Though fiercely loyal to the empire, they adopt many of the ways of the warrior-tribes they face, from weaponry to a preference for blood feud over courts of law. The Watchers, in the northern hill country, represent the Akritai, the famous Byzantine borderers of Anatolia.

I picture the leader Priscus as a veteran soldier of the Calradic Wars who has become pronoiarios (landowner). This one after the outbreak of the civil war saw reduced the income coming from the central state and was dragged to the dark side of the law by the corruption hand. Priscus is a corrupt corruptor, always with his eyes wide open; watchful of his interests and his pocket.

The units I imagine are ligth, quick response. If they are on your side, they would be a band of harassers, who would entertain the enemy. If not, they will act as brigands if fortune does not smile on them."

tfxUcyg.png

by CKyHC

now_it_is_our_land_by_ckyhc_dd49r81-pre.jpg
by CKyHC

bannersketch_8_by_ckyhc_dd778hu-pre.jpg
by CKyHC

by Terco_Viejo

"Imagining elite Vlandian troops in a world where striking colors were absent :iamamoron::

"

by Piconi

by Poncho

yn7VO.png
by Poncho

by Piconi

" in mind the background inspiration for the Company of the Golden Boar, , the units we know they have (only 3 tiers, basicaly forerunners of forest bandits), and the Bannerlord encyclopedia information about them being very well trained crossbowmen, i made a little something to place them as such, a recognizable Vlandian minor faction, but to differantiate them just a bit from regular Vlandian troops, i gave them a no sleeves look for lower tiered units, and a distinctive Ultuna style helmet, worn very often by the historical christian Almogavars of the Catalan Company :

"

by Piconi

"Brotherhood of the Woods - according to the in-game Encyclopedia, these guys have huge potential for being a Robin Hood-y kind of minor faction:

Then there is Mount&Blade Wiki with some more info on their troops and lords+leader.

I would LOVE to have a faction like that in Bannerlord, i imagine their holdings being in between Battania and Vlandia, and instead of having red-gold flag, i imagined them having a red-green one and looking something like this :"

ZghafYk.png

by CKyHC

welcome_by_ckyhc_ddfveeo-fullview.jpg

by Terco_Viejo

"Here is the Tercosketch in which I imagine Battanian troops bearing in mind their inspiration Picts, Irish, and Welsh. As in the reality of the islands in the post-Roman period, the weaponry and clothing of these troops should lean more toward the late Roman panoply than the Anglo-Saxon. As I have said before, to me Battania is now a Saxon, barbaric mad maxianist mash who is very distant from that "Celtic" world of which we have spoken.

"

by Piconi

"When i recently saw this..:

King Caladog of Battania ( in-game footage during a parley )

latest

... i suddenly felt the urge to make a Battanian King like i would imagine him, but i somehow totally forgot that you have already made one, and a very good looking one at that, but by the time i remembered you did, and had another look at your creation, i was already far into the process of making my own; so i decided i wasn`t making a king anymore, but a CLAIMANT to Battanian throne :grin: (since yours is very good in every way to be the king of Battania )

So i made a few changes from then on, the "Claimant" gained a bit of celto-gallic vibe, while still remaining distingushably modern-day-popular-culture-point-of-view celtic, i believe. I even imagined a lore behind this character:

His name is Maedoc ("the unknown" in old celtic) , his direct ancestor and Caladog`s direct ancestor were brothers leading their tribe together, but then they split up in need to search for new lands to settle, and Maedoc`s ancestor went south, through all of Calradia, embarking on a journey beyond the southwestern sea with the half of their tribe, and they finally settled new lands which they could call home, while Caladog`s ancestor remained in Calradia, becoming the only king of Battania, a title he will pass on to his descendants all the way to Caladog himself. Centuries later, Maedoc was the last king of the Battanians across the sea, their kingdom falling to mighty realms never heard of in Calradia, and he was driven back to his ancestral lands, now known as Kingdom of Battania, ruled by his distant cousin - King Caladog.

As Maedoc`s ancestor was the older brother of the two, Maedoc now thinks he should be the rightfull ruler of Battania, and that his ancestor was actually banished from Calradia with the help of a plot by his younger brother, Caladog`s ancestor.

Maedoc wants his ancestral rights, he searches help to gain the throne of Battania back in the name of his ancestor.

That`s why his looks are a little bit gaulish ( mostly the helmet :wink: ); centuries of Battanian cultural developement away from its core in Claradia :fruity:

Altough helmet is without the wings originaly, and looks good too, but this is more recognizable i think :wink:"

by Poncho

unknown.png
by Piconi

by Piconi

"One thing i'm bothered by the most is the fact that Battanian Savage and Clan warrior look almost exactly the same, plus the fact that none look irish-welsh celtic or pictish in particular, the official inspirations for Battania.

Thats why i did a really simple sketch for the Savage, yet i believe very effective one ! Let's make them have no armor at all, for example with value as low as 1, but give them a shield and a powerfull 1 handed sword to balance it out. They should be very fast, and since they have no shoes, you should hear their footsteps only when they are a couple of meters away, so very stealthy as well. I was inspired by historical "generic" celtic and pictish naked warrior images, and i belive their loadout is balanced this way. If played smart, can be very deadly, if you turn your back to archers, your unit is gone in an instant."

by Piconi

"To distinguish the Clan Warriors from Savages ( which is almost impossible in their current state in the multiplayer ), i would throw some light clothes on, without the cape, and some basic light armor, to differ from Savage who basicaly has no armor at all, but has a shield.

And i`ve yet made only a female version of Clan Warrior(ess), as per frequent requests here and on my PM by several members :wink:"

by Piconi

"A new minor faction concept !

I took upon Wolfskins, and made them to the extreme i tought they had to be made, after all i`ve seen about them and read about the inspiration behind them and in the Bannerlord encyclopedia ! :

"They are a society of young warriors who have left their clans to lead a life of violence and freedom in the wilderness. They live like wolves, eating raw flesh, not sleeping under any roof, not wearing woven cloth and they follow The Code of the Wolf."

As little woven clothes as possible, with the exeption of their leader, who, of course, will be forgiven when not abiding to The Code in its entierty !"

by CKyHC(+)

by CKyHC(+)

by CKyHC(+)

by Terco_Viejo

"The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. [...] Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent [...]

What would the Sturgian troops be like if these statements were embodied within the game as a whole? Here there is no place for Berserkers or Huscarls (perhaps appropriate for the minor factions, not the main one), but rather a strong Slavic nature. That nature of which presumably more emphasis should have been placed.

A year from now Taleworlds can do great things, little retouches to the troops... who knows? :iamamoron:"

by Piconi

"the reasoning for the "Hersir" i made for Sturgia instead of "Knyaz" is that i wanted to use as much in-game items as possible, but i just couldn`t find enough items for an appropriate slavic look at the moment. That issue still remains for us to complain about to Taleworlds, Sturgia is too viking at the moment."

by Den.Di.

This wasn't made specificaly for this thread, but i found it and tought it was a very quality work, and 3d no less, IMO it would look quite good as Sturgian armor piece.

PGdou.jpg
by Poncho

6-k2s.png
by Piconi

"I really dislike the too nordic look on them, being a slav myself doesen`t help either :wink: . Huskarls are ok, they are an elite, and they are one of few nordic units that should be in Sturgia troop tree, but Ulfs and Raiders i just can`t stand like this, especially the Raiders.

Thats why i was playing arround with what TW has, plus i tweaked it very little, but effective, i believe, so this is what i suggest for Raiders:"

by Piconi

"There is a slight confusion (at least on my part) about what Forest People is and what The Sons Of Forest is. The Sturgia devblog is telling us that one of their minor factions are the Sons of Fores, but i know i saw somewhere in singleplayer gameplay, that the Sturgians start the game at war with the Forest People, among others, and they are explained as one of Sturgian minor factions.

Nevertheless, i went with the Sons Of Forest, and my idea came from the Finnish Nuuttipukki, so i imagined a wannabe Krampus as leader of that faction."

by 7erj1

"So far I have not started making 3D sketches, but it was interesting to see what kind of armor there is for Sturgia and what can be done with them. In general, here."

"Firstly, I think that it is worth renaming the class name from "Druzhinnik" to "Horseman" (since many players are not familiar with the history of ancient rus, so I think this is a simpler name that reflects its essence).

The second is that the unit looks rustic. Therefore, I think he needs to provide better armor (the class should show its value)."

6Re22.jpg

"Here the situation is the opposite. This class looks too rich (cannot afford the full set of such expensive armor). By simplifying it a little, you need to make it more realistic."

pFByo.jpg

"The second image is for the class with the Sword perk, where I just replaced Hauberk with the same one, but without stripes (it fits better into the overall picture of the faction)."

ZMlf0.jpg

"The brigand, with the "improved armor" perk turned on, is a little better in the quality of the armor and the overall look."

kOBh8.jpg

"Raider. This class needs to improve visual perception and similarity with other units of this fraction. In my opinion this is a good option."

bPIdt.jpg

"And finally, the Hunter. Improving armor is not always required to be similar to the original armor, but in this case it looks good (and the quality of the armor is much better than the current one)."

NqRue.jpg

NmRrhuI.png

by CKyHC

tYs4rWOr--Q.jpg
by CKyHC

borderlands_by_ckyhc_dcyg6af-fullview.jpg

by Terco_Viejo

"A new Tercosketch.

Before commenting, I would like to thank Piconi, 7erj1 and koiote once again for the magnificent work of collecting meshes that you have done.

That said:

I've commented on previous occasions; the wardrobe design for Khuzait is very successful and well done. In these designs you can see the passion and the search for reliable sources by the artists.

As of the Khuzait troop tree I already tell you that I would play rather little (small details), this time I leaned towards a minor faction within the Khuzait orbit; the Karakhergits.

I have imagined these (we don't know much about them / therefore 100% elocubrations of mine) as if they were north of the Khuzait territories, where the steppe meets the snowy Sturgian mountains; where the Charnye tundra (Warband lore) makes its way from the East."

by Piconi

by Poncho

Would be 1 tier under Khan`s guard

QtTel.png
by Poncho

"Khuzait veteran, would be placed in between Khuzait Infantry and Khuzait Darkhan in the troop tree"

A_Q1l.png

EaxYfbS.png

/

by Phalnax811(+)

by Piconi

"[...] i had inspiration for an additional troop i would like Aserai to have and how it would look.

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre (1H is also feasible) that deals huge amount of damage, but has low armor, as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and is very fast unit, it would be the fastest infantry unit in the game !

Have in mind, only 2 items in this sketch are not in game assets !"

by Piconi

by Piconi

by Terco_Viejo

"The "historical" reference would be framed in the period of the Caliphate Rashidun with Persian tones. The items of the current Aserai troops are very limited, so I have added leather, lamellar and scale armor. As for weapons, the top tier troops would handle straight swords and metal shields. The middle and lower; wickerwork and leather shields, spears and maces."

by Terco_Viejo

"Apart from the promised Tercosketch, a small extension of the actual troop tree. The truth is that with this "simulation" remain quite varied."

by Poncho

wwbbi.png
by Poncho

"Additional unit that would be placed in between the Seasoned slave soldier and Mameluke in the Aserai troop tree"

2UI0x.png
by Piconi

"A glorious wife i imagined for Terco`s imagined Sultan, in two slightly different versions"

by Piconi

"i played some Beta in the meanwhile and something really stuck to me: Aserai has some really weak infantry ! Then i went to search for the Aserai troop tree, hoping there is at least some in the Singleplayer but and i found not one heavy infantry unit, and no infantry at all in the elite tree, of course.

I think this is not accurate representation of pre-early muslim arab armies, which had some really heavy infantry troops. Thats why i came to the idea of an additional unit that would be somewhere in the Aserai elite troop tree, a Mawali - the early non-arab converts, mostly persians, commanders of arab troops, reason for them being non-arabs is that they were considered to be unbiased of intra-arabic tribal feuds, thus they would lead troops better than arab commander that gives the arab troops of a certain arabic tribe leverage over the others )"

If i forgot anything or didn`t see something (which will sometimes be the case), feel free to remind me and share again on this thread.

If you posted an image that has been incorporated into this OP, but you got an idea to polish it some more, PM me with the altered image and i will substitute it instead of the original one, or put next to it under the same spoiler (whatever you prefer), so we avoid clogging up the thread with many versions of the same image.

oJjHD.jpg

Last edited:
Last updates - Post on 26. February 2020. / concepts from page #16 up to page #30

xJaDf.png
Because of increased demand lately, here are some basics for easier adaptation into sketching, using the existing in game items (both MP&SP) as basis:
Alert!: Before you change anything, backup every file (mpcharacters.xml and mpitems.xml especially), so when you actually want to play the Beta, you need to replace the original files back, otherwise the game will crash almost as soon as you enter a server, saves you trouble of having to verify game cashe, which takes some time

For swaping meshes you need mpitems.xml, mpcharacters.xml and spitems.xml (most important one containing meshes from singleplayer plus multiplayer items). They removed spitems.xml from game files a few patches ago, so now spitems is just an external mesh database, but it contains meshes that multiplayer Beta still recognizes.

First you go to /Modules/Native/Module data in your install folder. Find mpitems.xml and mpcharacters.xml and back them up somewhere (another reminder) .

Then you go into mpcharacters, in search type a multiplayer class name you want to edit, scroll down from the name of the class untill you find equipment "body", "head", "cape" etc.... Then copy the item id of an armor item, but not the whole id, just after the "mp_, (exapmle: Item_mp_plumed_helmet/ you copy just plumed_helmet) then go into mpitems and in ctrl+f search paste that. Once you find it, find its mesh=, thats what you want to change. Then in spitems search for head armors (they are nicely separated into armor groups, light/medium/heavy, and by culture. Then copy the mesh from spitems to mpitems, save mpitems, (you dont need to close any file, just need to save changes) start the game, then go in armory and go to class which gear you altered and you will see it has been changed.

So basicaly, we (at least I know i do) try to use some armor that TaleWorlds already has, as a basis, thats the spitem file for. Then i search for stuff online that matches my imagination and i photoshop everything and sketch it how i want it. I take an initial screenshot at the armory in Bannerlord, after that remove background and add objects, then color them shape them like i want. Its arround 30-50% mixing meshes and the rest is photoshop.

Bonus: To get a completely naked (only underwear) character you could screenshot in "armory" section in the beta, you need to go into mpcharacters, find a class you want to change, and on it`s every piece of equipment`s name, delete just one letter, then save that.
along with the mentioned spitems.xml

So we wouldn`t have to re-apply every single mesh and enter the game every time we want to see how that armor piece looks in the armory view, here comes a list of download links for mesh excel tables, with mesh names, IDs and IMAGE of EVERY single armor piece there is in the game currently, including Singleplayer armors ( pre EA - Bannerlord Beta).
Now when you want to dress up your character for a screenshot, just look over all of the images, take mesh ID (after mesh= , without the " ") of the ones you like for every armor piece, and paste inside mpitems.xml instead of equivalent armor piece mesh of a class you are editing.

All the images inside these excel tabels are scalable, in order to scale them, you need to "enable edit mode" once you open it, and very often you need to scroll down and right in order to see all the images.
Please notify me if some link is not working for you.

All the factions banners art made by
CKyHC
K7CUg.png

/

by John_M

"Was inspired by Piconi's Nordic Guard, so I started work on a character model.
Here's the helmet:"

QSiUY.png
Piconi said:
Having in mind the already mentioned discrepancy on the Empire`s minor factions
Piconi said:
I would really like a clear picture of every minor faction though, because there are some discrepancies going on at the moment. In the blog from february 2018. about Empire`s minor factions, we find out there are 3 of them - The Watchers (historical Akritai), Eleftheroi (historical Cossacks) and an unnamed faction of Nord guardsmen (historical Varangians).

BUT then some months after, august 2018 at gamescom, in several singleplayer gameplay videos we see in the game`s encyclopedia there are these minor factions of the Empire called Hidden Hand, Embers of the Flame and Legion of the Betrayed, all with some completely new backstories, non-related to the ones in the blog whatsoever.

I would really apreciate a clarification about this, an official one if it`s not too much to ask for.

. . . i really hope the solution they finish with is the one with Cossack and Varangian inspired minor factions.
In the light of my ever-burning hopetm, i made a concept of the Cossack inspired minor faction, the Eleftheroi:
Piconi said:
As far as the supposed Varangian faction lore goes, we don`t know it`s name, nor banner...or if it is now replaced by the Hidden Hand, Embers of the Flame or Legion of the Betrayed (still no word from TaleWorlds on the discrepancy concerning Empire`s minor factions i mentioned some time ago).

What i do know, is what i would imagine them to look like, and what role to fulfill. I see them as a very heavy infantry faction, with even the 1st tier of soldiers having some decent armor. The second tier would have a lamellar armor over gambeson, the only chainmail would be on boots and a chain facemask connected to the gambeson, the 3rd and the highest tier would have elite lamellar over mail, with full chain under shortened kettle helmet, which is the most recognisable feature of the Varangians.

1st tier would be equipped with a shield, spear and a sword, and the 2nd and 3rd tier would have all that plus a heavy 2H axe, same as the leader of the minor faction.

Terco_Viejo said:
And we continue with more Empire!
A newTercosketch envisioning the 3 units of the Legion of the Betrayed and its leader Patrys.

The Last Legion was created after the Emperor Arenicos enacted his reforms, abolishing the last of the Empire's standing armies in favor of archon's private retinues that were significantly cheaper and better at controlling territory. The Legion is made up of men who detested this change: they loved the old army, its standards and its unit histories and its camp life, and they blame the new system for destroying the empire. But an army does not hold together unless it is paid regulary, and they take contracts from imperial and foreign lords alike.

i`ve tinkered with the colors a bit, made them closer to what we`ve seen in the last gamescom for each of the 3 Empire factions, added some small details, and put them together like before, Empire`s finest :grin:

Senator Lucon as pompeous as always in his golden brass lammelar with bright purple and a silk cape, Rhagaea having a clear Aserai influence with se scale and leopard fur,by bordering with them and being so close to the desert, and Garios, a humble military veteran who the legions are trust, not much different from any other legionary, but recognisable.

I've vented my extravagance for now :shifty: . I'll move on and see what needs and can be done with exsisting armor pieces.

Terco_Viejo said:
Here you have a total revamp of the troops of each faction for the MP section from a realistic (personal judgement) point of view. In these Tercosketches there is no external element coming from anywhere else but the art of Taleworlds. In previous sketches I introduced external elements with the intention to show the artistic shortcomings that in my opinion each faction lacks nowadays.
koiote said:
My look at what the legionnaire class should look like in multiplayer:
1vTMM.jpg
Noudelle said:
I have succumbed to the peer pressure and have tried my hand at some model-swapping. Nothing too fancy.

Here is my light legionary. A poorer soldier who has managed to buy a chainmail body armor. I think this could fit with Klausolus' light infantry class idea. Empire having the tankier light infantry, similar to Aserai having the best peasant infantry.
25~30 armor
RF2tse7.jpg

Here is my veteran legionary. A veteran soldier who has amassed enough wealth through his campaigns to acquire a full set of heavy armor.
~45 armor
g69O2U8.jpg

Here is my (barely changed) Cataphract. This one didn't like the **** leather straps on his shoulders so he replaced them with actual armor instead. He forgot to get rid of the belts around his chest though.
~50 armor
hNN0T9f.jpg

SoEyl.png

/

Terco_Viejo said:
Here you have a total revamp of the troops of each faction for the MP section from a realistic (personal judgement) point of view. In these Tercosketches there is no external element coming from anywhere else but the art of Taleworlds. In previous sketches I introduced external elements with the intention to show the artistic shortcomings that in my opinion each faction lacks nowadays.
Dudese said:
So after seeing this thread some weeks ago, I really wanted to contribute myself. And so I nervously present my first ever shared 3D artwork:

UCB9M.png

Sorry about all that noise in there.
All is done in Blender 3D and the metal texture is from Poligon.
I picked up 3D almost a year ago, because I actually want to creat some gear myself, once Bannerlord is fully released.
The base mesh was done very quickly but texturing and details are really not my cup of tea yet:grin:
Anyway, with around 800 tris I tried to stay rather low-poly, intending to make it usable one day. But I guess one could add a little bit more details around the edges.

My idea for this helmet was an early crusader helmet, similiar to the those used by the vlandian sergeantes. I personally don't like the look of the sergants' and the knights's helmets, but of both of them the sergeants looks worse to me. It is just too flat and those eye-slits are enormous. With my version I added those two steel straps, which are supposed to give some extra durability but even without them the top is a tiny bit curved towards the center.

Things one could add are for example breaths, and a reinforced noseguard. Also one could add a brass look for the ring between the faceguard and the hat.

Zef9nDd.png

/

triptrap said:
second try
cQAIV.png

mFU27.png

VGR_1.png

VQuC5.png
Terco_Viejo said:
gopat said:
Experimented a bit more on changing up the Battanian MP troops and made some improved armour perk alternates:

X-4nI.png

/

gopat said:
Had a bit of fun messing around with the current Sturgia classes for MP:

I wish we could have this cape without the pauldrons ;_;
Terco_Viejo said:

ajb8Z.png

/

Terco_Viejo said:

V3qMz.png

/

Terco_Viejo said:
koiote said:
Greetings warriors of Calradia!
Let me introduce you to the band of desert bandits "red goblins"
8.png
koiote said:
some Aserai replacement for multiplayer
5QtDJ.jpg

In fact, I would like to see the helmet of the Aserai more diverse.

Last edited:
Great thread Piconi!

You might want to include the reasoning behind the proposed changes (I know I read explanations behind the sketches back in the original thread) :smile:

Edit: maybe also separate sketches from character models!

Great photos.

Way waaaayyy too late to be useful to development.

Much Later Edit: Well I guess I was way off!! Great work guys - as a pessimist in many times in life I'm glad to be proven wrong!

Well done!

Last edited:
The nice thing about your contributions Poncho is that they use assets already in the game  :grin: TW just needs to find nice combinations in many cases. It would be a shame if so many of these items are only available to players/companions/lords.

It would be awesome if someone would post some more sketched, photoshoped or however made slavic units for sturgia ( thankfully we at least already have Terco's), because it seems we can only make nordic looking units with their cultural item currently in the game.

We need more manual sketching, more outsourced and less game items in order to achieve needed appearance, and add some extra units, it looks like.

I would like to see more Khuzait ideas with some outsourced items, since it seems we are lacking those. On the other hand, that may be because Khuzait is the best made faction of all, so there is no desire to alter much there. . .

What i can contribute further is promise i will start making a true "Knyaz" or "Boyar", however you prefer, but when will it be, i dont know  :roll:

Great Piconithread!
That said, Taleworlds needs to make the right combinations in the models. It seems that there is material for it + a retexturized "final retouch" depending on which object; we have it.

Terco_Viejo said:
Great Piconithread!
That said, Taleworlds needs to make the right combinations in the models. It seems that there is material for it + a retexturized "final retouch" depending on which object; we have it.
It sometimes requires mixing items with different cultural tag and editing it some more even after.

I really hope many people join in on this, especially the "wild" sketches, models, ideas, using internet a available material rather than pure in-game, all good in great quantity so we get some quality in the end.

The Khuzait faction is the one that has received the most research and pampering. I consider this faction well applied at 95% (5% nitpickery minutiae)

Back
Top Bottom