Users who are viewing this thread

Battanian's look too vague in my opinion. I think it would serve them better if their aesthetics were clearer since there isn't much disparity between them and Sturgians right now.

Something I think this thread isn't discussing is that factions should have a much more prevalent group of subcultures rather than one base troop tree. When I look at the current troop trees the only one that stands out is Vlandia since we all know they're direct precursors to Swadia and Rhodok. When I look at Battania and Sturgia I see two factions that are confused about their identity. They both should have distinct subcultures to eliminate how boring they look.

Battania is a shattered civilisation thats held up in the mountains. They are direct descendants of native Calradia, so why aren't they more along the lines of Germanic/Celtic pagan tribes? What's with the high amount of fur and Danish viking-looking armour?
They should at least be split between pagan forest people https://www.realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/10-facts-ancient-celts-warriors_8-min.jpg (think Celtic/Pictish/Gaelic) and more civilised, city-dwelling people (think evolved Gallic) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/75/0a/29750ac4162e8763587a91762cb379d6.jpg .

There needs to be way more linen and tartan capes going on.

Agreed, and i believe something along the lines of celtification of Battania, and slavification of Sturgia was confirmed to us some time ago, in the shape of new armor sets.
We still have some time ahead of us untill we see that in the game tho.

i'm new to this forum, but since vlandians are my fav faction i would love to see new helmets/ phrygian faceplate style/ some kind of heavy shoulder armor like the ones down below, to match the coat of plates body armor... well, i love new armors :smile:
381f921641a158080f5461721bd0596f.jpg
images
f830a60ff7090c0f627f38fe5ecae4f5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, the Nordic Guard exists in-lore, and it's called the Vaegir Guard. I like it a lot, it seems like some of the Vagirovings' men went (by their own will or by treaty) and joined the Imperial bodyguards, and maybe, in the future, they become the core of the future tsardom of the Vaegirs when they take over several Imperial and Battanian towns (that's the core land of the Vaegirs).

I only saw some remnants of the lines mentioning them in game files, like they were thinking about them, but had a change of mind.
It looks like they aren't in the game, nor like they will be. :cry:
Very unfortunate, because even the devblog mentiones them.

I only saw some remnants of the lines mentioning them in game files, like they were thinking about them, but had a change of mind.
It looks like they aren't in the game, nor like they will be. :cry:
Very unfortunate, because even the devblog mentiones them.
Care to post some pictures of their mention in the code? I wonder how TW interprets them. Like, there's one thing I don't understand: Clearly either the Vaegir guard should be spelled the "Vagir guard" or the Vagiroving should be spelled "Vaegiroving", these two are clearly linked, and one of them is being spelled incorrectly.

Battanian's look too vague in my opinion. I think it would serve them better if their aesthetics were clearer since there isn't much disparity between them and Sturgians right now.

Something I think this thread isn't discussing is that factions should have a much more prevalent group of subcultures rather than one base troop tree. When I look at the current troop trees the only one that stands out is Vlandia since we all know they're direct precursors to Swadia and Rhodok. When I look at Battania and Sturgia I see two factions that are confused about their identity. They both should have distinct subcultures to eliminate how boring they look.

Battania is a shattered civilisation thats held up in the mountains. They are direct descendants of native Calradia, so why aren't they more along the lines of Germanic/Celtic pagan tribes? What's with the high amount of fur and Danish viking-looking armour?
They should at least be split between pagan forest people https://www.realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/10-facts-ancient-celts-warriors_8-min.jpg (think Celtic/Pictish/Gaelic) and more civilised, city-dwelling people (think evolved Gallic) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/75/0a/29750ac4162e8763587a91762cb379d6.jpg .

Definitely hope they add some more high level linen and tartan shoulders to the game. The ones in game right now are weak and make Battania really frail.

Definitely hoping for some woad too.

I was looking at some random Celtic images when I noticed something that a lot of them seem to have. Namely, the little chainmail mantle. Like so:
latest

ArverniOathswornSoldurii.png

This looks nice and all, and I reckon it would give a little more something to Battania to push them away from furs.

Also we need some torcs. And again, we need more tartan in general.

A few days ago in another thread I was commenting with others about a hypothetical road and emplacement layout for these to form strategic points. As a result of all this, I made a map where I talked about biomes, suggesting a slight modification in the map. Bannerlord has a long way to go but undoubtedly many dream of a future expansion where the mechanics of navigation and naval battle is implemented.

Many want to see the Nords in a Nord Invasion dlc; however I said to myself, what the hell... why don't we get the Lore back and be more ambitious?

This time, I bring you a Tercosketch of how I imagine the archetypes for each faction in my dreamed DLC :lol:

-oLwf.jpg

The Warband lore tell us:

Geroia: Beyond the Khergit lands.
Balion: Beyond the western ocean
Lotki: Beyond the western ocean
Jumne: Beyond the north sea, also known as Nordland
Charnye Vaegir Homeland : East of Vaegir territory
Siri: Beyond the territory of the Sarranids, south of Calradia

VWeiz.jpg

Nords: Some of the essence is in Sturgia; I would mix vendel periods with Anglo-Saxon influences. Medieval Norwey architecture (Stavkirke essence)

Balion: According to Konrad, we find an aspect that is very similar to what Swadia/Vlandia is. I've run away from that archetype. I imagine a Balion where influences of the Song, Heian and Goryeo period are mixed together. Its architecture would also drink from imperial Asian sources.

Lotki: For closeness to Balion; I imagine it in a mixture of Champa, khemer, etc... pure Angkor wat, pure Southeast Asia. Call me crazy, but I would also endow it with slight hints of Mayan-Toltec influences in its panoply and architecture (Angkor Wat + Chichen Itza).

Geroia: Based on the Ghaznavid empire with a lot of mughal influence (allow me the anachronism); with a lot of character and Indo-Asian aesthetics. Rajasthan style architecture.

Siri: Based on the Carthaginian Empire (allow me the anachronism); Hellenistic aesthetics with African touches. In that region of the map I show you, a natural bay appears; it is there where I imagine a city in the Carthaginian style with its circular harbor.

Zendar: Being a "neutral" faction, it doesn't make sense to have a troop tree. On an architectural level, I imagine it in a very Italian eclectic (classic) style, as if it wanted to be the small Vatican state.

Charnye: It doesn't have a troop tree either, it's just a region.

Considering that CaLrAdIa iS A fAnTaSy PlAce :lol: , how do you imagine these regions, how do you imagine their inhabitants?

Wow, amazing designs my boi, at this old place once again ! I love the designs, and i do agree the dream would be expanding native map to accomodate more major factions, i`d only like to keep at least some consistency Calradia always had with real life history - relative position of the factions, meaning i would exclude balion, and instead have that eastern asian imperial archetype bordering Khuzait and Indo-persian inspired major faction. I know it would make them potentialy navaly gimped, but if the rivers would be made fluval, they would do fine. Make Lotki be infested with loads of minor factions, so that it would be a struggle even if there is only one major faction on the island.
`tis a long road ahead of us, but nothing wrong in starting to make inceptions already :fruity:

I think Vlandian cavalry could use more in the area of shoulder armor, and one thing I've noticed in some modern illustrations of knights is a flat object attached to the knight's arm, displaying some heraldry or coat of arms. Here's some examples of what I'm talking about:
vFRcbIy.png
You can see in both images how it's positioned on the knight's right shoulder or upper arm. I like the idea of Vlandian knights also having this and it could display the heraldry of the clan they're fighting for, much like how shields and banners do.

I think Vlandian cavalry could use more in the area of shoulder armor, and one thing I've noticed in some modern illustrations of knights is a flat object attached to the knight's arm, displaying some heraldry or coat of arms. Here's some examples of what I'm talking about:
vFRcbIy.png
You can see in both images how it's positioned on the knight's right shoulder or upper arm. I like the idea of Vlandian knights also having this and it could display the heraldry of the clan they're fighting for, much like how shields and banners do.
I believe those are called Ailettes. With the whole 12th century feeling that Vlandia seems to have right now, I think these would suit them quite fine.

Balion: According to Konrad, we find an aspect that is very similar to what Swadia/Vlandia is. I've run away from that archetype. I imagine a Balion where influences of the Song, Heian and Goryeo period are mixed together. Its architecture would also drink from imperial Asian sources.
While an eastern faction would be interesting to see, I don't think Balion is the right place for it. It would be really hard to believe the Vlandians came from such a place, and like Piconi said, it would make more sense for them to be East, not west.

I am pleased that the debate has been opened; I insist, what I have shared with you all is a personal interpretation.

For example Vlandia. We are told in the lore that " The Vlandian kingdom, named after the early warlord Wilund the Bold (Valandion, in Calradic), began as a large number of barbarian tribes, who migrated into former Battanian lands during the waning period of the Calradic Empire " and " The Vlandians originated overseas and came to Calradia as mercenaries and adventurers. ", but why do we have to be guided by conventions of "the nords come from the north", "an Asian faction must come from the east", etc? Under this premise, we could say that the Vlandias come from Nordlands in a plausible way; think about it. :iamamoron:

I wonder; if you had the possibility, wouldn't you like to create something with more identity and that would move away from the conventionalities offered by the main factions of the franchise in the native?

#totalinceptions

I am pleased that the debate has been opened; I insist, what I have shared with you all is a personal interpretation.

For example Vlandia. We are told in the lore that " The Vlandian kingdom, named after the early warlord Wilund the Bold (Valandion, in Calradic), began as a large number of barbarian tribes, who migrated into former Battanian lands during the waning period of the Calradic Empire " and " The Vlandians originated overseas and came to Calradia as mercenaries and adventurers. ", but why do we have to be guided by conventions of "the nords come from the north", "an Asian faction must come from the east", etc? Under this premise, we could say that the Vlandias come from Nordlands in a plausible way; think about it. :iamamoron:

I wonder; if you had the possibility, wouldn't you like to create something with more identity and that would move away from the conventionalities offered by the main factions of the franchise in the native?

#totalinceptions

There is an island off the west coast of Calradia though - this would have been my assumption of where the Vlandians came from; again perfect for a naval Battle DLC. Though I still think Nord-Invasion is the perfect Bannerlord DLC. it fills in the backstory, it adds a new land and new faction and is the perfect setup for Naval Warare.

There is an island off the west coast of Calradia though - this would have been my assumption of where the Vlandians came from; again perfect for a naval Battle DLC. Though I still think Nord-Invasion is the perfect Bannerlord DLC. it fills in the backstory, it adds a new land and new faction and is the perfect setup for Naval Warare.

Certainly, the " unreachable" islands that exist beyond the limits of the map are at least promising (confirmed by dev- just placeholders).
Maybe it's a bit of a "boomer" comment, but a dlc from "my younger years" was a full-blown expansion like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Alien Crossfire , StarCraft: Brood War, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, etc (pretty much content) except for current exceptions such as Blood and Wine (The Witcher 3) and few other where the dlc is far from what it once was.

Therefore, a dlc for Bannerlord with only +1 faction... I don't know boy... how little ambition and how much conservatism. :iamamoron:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom