Users who are viewing this thread

Yea I was kidding :wink:

In progress:
knight.jpg
This is perfect! Love that helmet design. Give me that TW and I'm pretty sure Vlandians might top Empire as my favourites :grin:

Happy that you like it guys, it's a lot of work. It should be ready tonight.

@Flavius Belisarius
It's actually a replacement for the knight's improved armor. I don't like the current knight faceplate helmet either, very weird too.
Here my ideas to replace the sergeant's helm (basic and improved armors):
sergeant.jpg

Tbh I’m a fat of ranged units having kettle helms. Makes them more distinctive, and it serves a practical purpose. If they’re ranged, then they’d take care to protect the place that is most vulnerable to retaliation: the tops of their heads. And a wide brim on the helm would help keep the sun out. A nose guard on a ranged unit seems superfluous to me. It’s not like it’ll get slugged in the face by someone in close combat,

my2¢
The brim as a protection against the sun is interesting. But sources do show numbers of archers with nasal helmets & co. There was little to no kettle helmet used by that time anyway.

I really miss the old Huskarl. Anyone else?
I do. As well as the old Beduin, Veteran and Imperial light cav designs.

I have always think kettle helmet is not good for archers, for the little i've done archery, i would not do this with a cap for practical reason. For crossbowmen it migh ok and maybe useful to protect of the sun.

Yea I was kidding :wink:

In progress:
knight.jpg

This is really good direction imho, taking very nice shape and loosing the high medieval “Ivanhoe” attitude ?

This Norman helmet together with scale armor (perhaps knee lenght) fits bannerlord aesthetics perfectly (face guard reminds strongly Bannerlord cover art) Glad you got rid of the “Vlandian Red Hood” that both Sergants, Arbelists, Sharpshooters... hell even peasant levy with improved armor wears (clone wars) :wink:

Last edited:
Thank you! Yeah Bannerlord cover gave me the idea (which has already been evoked by other people in this thread) for this "Norman" Spoleto helmet (actually Italian and German but whatever). I thought the knee long scale cuirass would give too much of an Imperial/Byzantine vibe, so I went for this little torso cuirass, which by the way is in line with vanilla coat of plates regarding the area protected.
Still have to tweak the hauberk, add a sword belt and gilded spurs:
preview.jpg

Finished:
previewcompara.jpg

I might make alternatives, with a lower scale cuirass and slightly different versions of the helmet.

I prefer what we have at current. I'm not a fan of the helmet for Vlandia
Apart from the old "de gustibus non est disputandum" that we all should apply, what is actually undisputed is that variation of THIS helmet is what is being sold to us as Bannerlord
QouEQ.jpg

So in one form or another, it just has to be a part of the game. Now that we've established that, i don't see many other factions other than Vlandia that could rock it naturally, the helmet being italo-norman.
Anyways, even if not one troop uses it as a standard equipment, the game has to have equipment from the concept art that is selling it, at least for the player to use it.

Last edited:
Apart from the old "de gustibus non est disputandum" that we all should apply, what is actually undisputed is that variation of THIS helmet is what is being sold to us as Bannerlord
QouEQ.jpg

So in one form or another, it just has to be a part of the game. Now that we've established that, i don't see many other factions other than Vlandia that could rock it naturally.
Anyways, even if not one troop uses it as a standard equipment, the game has to have equipment from the concept art that is selling it, at least for the player to use it.
Well from that picture, it looks like more of a Sturgia thing (which is where I would have seen it in the first place). It doesn't look right personally in Vlandia.

Back
Top Bottom