? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

While we are still investigating this issue, have you tried clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

:/ Thanks for the info.
I am having this issue with 1.5.7. Did the same thing, twice. Tried starting new campaign (no mods) and the game just stops. I had tried 1.5.7 when it first was released and had the same issue. Gave up. Now decided to try again but still not fixed.
Will revert back to 1.5.6
at least 1.5.6 with mods is a good game (without the mods, though, I do not recommend)

We need to have the crash id to check it manually. You can find more info about it here.
I tried again to install 1.5.7
Unistalled the game on Steam. Deleted all game files including the ones in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
Tried then to start the game on 1.5.7 (no mods whatsoever)

I get to the screen with the different options, ie Saved Games, New Campaign, etc

I click on new campaign, the next screen comes up with the war party picture but then the music stops, the process freezes for a couple of seconds and the game screen just turns itself off without any warning and no chance to provide any feedback (ie no crash uploader, nothing)

Can you send me the contents of this file after reproducing this?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_errors_xxxxx.txt
You can paste them on the hastebin or you can send them to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Can you send me the contents of this file after reproducing this?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_errors_xxxxx.txt
You can paste them on the hastebin or you can send them to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Hi. I will send them a little later today. I have though, gone now back to 1.5.6 as 1.5.7 was not working at all

One problem I have seen since 1.5.6 is that enemies will not flee from battle even when there are very few left less than 5, in campaign battles it is mostly cavalry, then you have to run them down and kill them. In sieges you will get a couple and have to track them down as well. This is nothing critical but it causes long delays at the end of battles as sometimes it take a bit to track them down especially cavalry as they run away and can be harder to catch.

Uploaded the two logs per earlier method for a crash on 1.5.7 campaign start (before faction background choice). 1.5.6 is able to start fine.

I did have a suspicion on what may have changed since I last played bannerlord, and directly turned off "ambient occlusion" and "Antialiasing - FXAA" both in game settings and in NVIDIA control panel. The follow up setting was "application controlled" which usually has the game and graphics programming work in lockstep but it seems for whatever reason the beta had one of the two not.Forcing a total shutdown on both ends *did* let the campaign launch.
Please let me know if there are more troubleshooting steps I can do to elaborate on the matter.
Certainly willing to chalk it up to operator error but want to document everything since you understand things more then I do.

Uploaded the two logs per earlier method for a crash on 1.5.7 campaign start (before faction background choice). 1.5.6 is able to start fine.

I did have a suspicion on what may have changed since I last played Bannerlord, and directly turned off "ambient occlusion" and "Antialiasing - FXAA" both in game settings and in NVIDIA control panel. The follow up setting was "application controlled" which usually has the game and graphics programming work in lockstep but it seems for whatever reason the beta had one of the two not. Forcing a total shutdown on both ends *did* let the campaign launch.
Please let me know if there are more troubleshooting steps I can do to elaborate on the matter.
Certainly willing to chalk it up to operator error but want to document everything since you understand things more then I do.
I tried this and it did not work for me. As mentioned 1.5.6 works fine. On 1.5.7, if I have a 1.5.6 saved game, it will run fine on 1.5.7. The issue is on New Campaigns on 1.5.7
I uploaded the logs

Back
Top Bottom