? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Also.. The involved parties and the correct troops are not showing up on the attack screen, nor the appropriate ratios.

Save and reload after the battle. This will happen when you save scum battles.
Hmm... Yea I reloaded an autosave that fortunately was right after my last battle before I crashed entering the keep. Not really save scumming but close enough. I will try saving and reloading.

Hmm... Yea I reloaded an autosave that fortunately was right after my last battle before I crashed entering the keep. Not really save scumming but close enough. I will try saving and reloading.
Lol no worries I was not trying to be derogatory by saying save scum, there is a reason I know about this bug ?

Here is the compiled feedback for 1.5.0 beta branch.

- There has appeared to be a nerf to the AI of cavalry and horse archers (unintentional? I hope...) that skews the balance even more in favor of foot archers.
- Village quests seem to stop appearing after you have progressed far enough in the game. Something is preventing them from continuing to spawn.
- Lot's of bugs still (quests missing rewards, some players can't start game or start campaign - possible hardware compatibility issue?, texture and graphical issues, etc.)

- On to more positive feedback, the combat feels nice and smooth (but also did 1.4.3).
- More implemented perks, that's great progress
- Before the quests in villages all start to disappear, you may find there is greater variety and some more quest types added.

To summarize, they've made great progress with 1.5.0 but the balance issues with horse troops and village quests are significant, causing a lot of players not to continue testing/playing this version.

- There has appeared to be a nerf to the AI of cavalry and horse archers (unintentional? I hope...) that skews the balance even more in favor of foot archers.
- Village quests seem to stop appearing after you have progressed far enough in the game. Something is preventing them from continuing to spawn.
- Lot's of bugs still (quests missing rewards, some players can't start game or start campaign - possible hardware compatibility issue?, texture and graphical issues, etc.)
Not the first time I read about the balance change to AI cavalry, but do you have an idea of what is far enough in the game for village quests to stop appearing?

I was just about 1 year into the game when I noticed the issue. I didn't go to every village on the map, but I hit some 25 villages in a row without a quest, and I did hit every village in Khuzait territory. So it is possible that they still exist but just become insanely thin. The cities, meanwhile, all have 2-3 quests each and quests are still abundant in the cities. The problem is... I don't like most of the city quests >.<

I was just about 1 year into the game when I noticed the issue. I didn't go to every village on the map, but I hit some 25 villages in a row without a quest, and I did hit every village in Khuzait territory. So it is possible that they still exist but just become insanely thin. The cities, meanwhile, all have 2-3 quests each and quests are still abundant in the cities. The problem is... I don't like most of the city quests >.<
If you open the dev console, and use the command "campaign.print_issue_statistics" it will give you some information on quests, including how many villages don't have quests. There are roughly 250 villages in the game, so you can use that to figure out roughly how many villages still have quests available. In my experience, it falls to about 30/250 villages with quests in about half a years time. The problem also has to do with saving and reloading, so how long it takes for the number of quests to drop depends on how long you play in one sitting after starting a new campaign.

If you open the dev console, and use the command "campaign.print_issue_statistics" it will give you some information on quests, including how many villages don't have quests. There are roughly 250 villages in the game, so you can use that to figure out roughly how many villages still have quests available. In my experience, it falls to about 30/250 villages with quests in about half a years time. The problem also has to do with saving and reloading, so how long it takes for the number of quests to drop depends on how long you play in one sitting after starting a new campaign.
Interesting... Yes I had particularly noticed the issue after loading the game again on the second day of playing that particular campaign. Thanks for reporting the issue in technical. Hopefully this is something they can fix in a beta hotfix. The game gets pretty dull when you go to village after village with nothing to do. Personally, I think someone in every village should always have some sort of quest. It's too much of a grind to get high enough relation with anyone to get the higher tier troops. You should be able to keep working a village or villager to get the relation(s) up, instead of doing quests all over the map wherever you might find them, and ending up with a little relation with a bunch of people, never able to get a lot of relation with a specific one.

This seems to be extremelly helpful, if you see a thread about this in the technical support, consider letting them know this there as well!

Most of the problems with beta 1.5.0 have been fixed now. We can now judge this beta version without being hindered by so many bugs and unbalances. I played it for several hours yesterday, and it is finally starting feel like the better version of bannerlord. That said, I still can't wait to try 1.5.1 with all those changes coming to diplomacy.

Most of the problems with beta 1.5.0 have been fixed now. We can now judge this beta version without being hindered by so many bugs and unbalances. I played it for several hours yesterday, and it is finally starting feel like the better version of bannerlord. That said, I still can't wait to try 1.5.1 with all those changes coming to diplomacy.
What is your definition of fixed? The game crashed for me several times on different quests. Lords defect again like crazy even with money and fiefs and high relation (i really understand the people who just want to behead these spoiled brats) and thats only the things that are new and what I experienced. I wouldnt call that stable for now.

What is your definition of fixed? The game crashed for me several times on different quests. Lords defect again like crazy even with money and fiefs and high relation (i really understand the people who just want to behead these spoiled brats) and thats only the things that are new and what I experienced. I wouldnt call that stable for now.
I haven't had any crashes in 1.5.0. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what but even before the latest fixes I never experienced any crashes. I felt the biggest issues were addressed in the latest hot fix. The lords defecting can be annoying but it has always been that way. It is not specific to the beta branch. Hopefully the changes coming in 1.5.1 address this some.

1.5.1 after leading an army and winning a siege on an enemy castle, my army/parties stop recruiting troops when entering settlements, if i disband the army they go about recruiting as normal but as soon as i put them back into an army, they stop recruiting again.

Simple notifications for villages when they have quests available and noble recruits would be greatly appreciated. Same for towns.
It feels stupid having to visit villages one by one

Feedback for 1.5.2
2 annoying new things that are no bugs:

1. If you delete a saved game, the next marked savegame is the topmost save, which is the actual current save. If you want to delete more than one savedgame and accidently click one time too fast, you delete your last save...
2. after game is paused (for example after leaving settlements or battles), party movement suddenly switches to double speed. That makes the party harder to control and in bad circumstances, it runs into enemy troops you planned to evade.

This is feedback for 1.5.3

Character creation clan name - I wish there was an auto generation for the clan name just like your first name based on the culture you pick or at the minimum a pre- picked clan name. In the tutorial in the conversion with your brother it says you can use our family name (wtf is it?) or make one up, the clan name starts out blank.I don't know much about lore and none of these names make sense and I would consider myself a M & B veteran. I just think it would be so much better if it was already pre-filled out with a culture matching clan name or the way to dice roll to go through a list of clan names. People would still be free to put whatever just some help from the devs would be nice otherwise I just make something up like the small penis clan. Help I need help it is immersion breaking!!!

Playing 1.54 beta and the distribution of fiefs seems to be wrong.

After every clan has at least 1 fief, the game starts favoring 1-3 clans over every other clan.

I've experienced this also in 1.53 in my playthrough where I was the ruler, where I wasn't given the option to give fiefs to others but a select few and from those it cost vast amounts of influence to give any but the same clan each time (Garros).

Currently playing 1.54 beta and the problem persists to extent where Derthert himself has only 3 fiefs but has given 4 fiefs in a row to Berican dey Rothad who now has 5 where others mostly have 2 tops, except Derthert who has the forementioned three fiefs.

Edit: Found a wanderer called Nortos with two-handed swords. He's 69 years old and has mostly just errors as dialogue. Sadly I didn't have any room for new companions so I couldn't investigate further.

Last edited:
Bannerlord Beta 1.5.6 introduces a CTD on New Game that goes away if I downgrade to 1.5.5, no mods. Immediately after hitting New Game it attempts to load and then crashes to desktop, no warnings/messages.

I tried fresh re-install, updating all drivers, updating .NET framework items, purging config and saved data. This is with no mods running. No game error handling grabbed it, windows flagged it as:

Faulting application name: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fe5ea78
Faulting module name: Rgl.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fe5ea63
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000007defd8
Faulting process id: 0x2dc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e2e2c58b4afe
Faulting application path: <LocationYouDontNeed>\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: <LocationYouDontNeed>\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Rgl.dll
Report Id: 6512b5fe-5bbb-49fc-8ea3-75ae5fd4a10e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I read that it was tied to ragdoll but I tried disabling that with no help. Finally I wondered if it was the patch itself, so I downgraded back to 1.5.5 and the new game window loaded. Having no messages made me think it was tied to my video card/drivers and I am unaware of the changes made from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 that may impact that. I went and got the latest drivers and ran a fresh install on those as well. I am running a GeForce GTX 1070 (I know dated but well within mins) and I tried downgrading the quality, I typically play around medium/high. I actually have two of those 1070s installed, so i tried with and without SLI and still had the same issue. I am trying to upgrade but as many know GPUs are difficult to come by these days.

If anyone recognizes this and it's just something I overlooked let me know, otherwise something in the patch caused the issue.

Back
Top Bottom