? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah but this thread used to have a lot of issues reported and hasnt had any of the big issues in 1.4.1 hotfix like everlasting war reported
Beta 1.4.0 was the least stable version for me, I like to verify myself issues before adding them in the thread. So after 1.4.0 I was relying solely on feedback, after a while I started waiting for 1.5.0. I will continue to update the thread, I will continue to update the main post if comments include a link to a problem that arised with that version of the game, but it just happen that the wait for 1.5.0 became apparent.
Something similar happened in 1.2.0, I had to take a pause because that version was not stable on my rig (but I have a special configuration so it's not necessarily the fault of the game) but the next patch happened so quickly that the pause was not noticed.
Another problem I had was the last two times I tried to update this table (I normally make all the update in one go) the site crashed, losing everything I updated.

I can promise this :
-> Feedback commented here with a link discussing that issue will be added to it's respective table.
-> As soon as a more stable version exists I'll go back to verifying issues myself.

Im guessing the thread will get updated once a new version number gets released; e.g, v1.5, 1.5.x, &c.
This is true, I still need to update for the 1.4.0/1.4.1
I feel this thread has deviated somewhat from its original function, from what it used to do before.
At least from my point of view.
As to how it differs now from then relative to my understanding is something i might try and elaborate upon at a later date if needed
You are right, this thread was originally for noteworthy changes, with the recent smaller updates, this thread became a compilation of updates. The goal of the thread was to point out if any changes reduced stability or a feature broke to make sure that this issue stayed in a lower branch (for example to prevent an issue that arised in Beta 1.X.0 to be pushed into Main 1.X.0).
Also, at the start of this thread, TaleWorlds announced that they would shortly start an Alpha Branch. This thread was supposed to become 'comments on the process of Alpha -> Beta -> Main'.

Last edited:
1.4.1 need prosperity fix . all AI army and City are starving.
I think its alot better now than it was. it just takes a long time to get it working right when you have taken a town or castle.. i took a town and the Pros was at 450 and food at -19 with 0 in stock...it was like this a long time. but after building and looking after the town. i am now on 1590 pros and + 8 food with 370 in stock all working well now.

I have not noticed much issues with food in 1.4.1. not for me and not for the AI.

What it is worse in 1.4.1 is diplomacy and It is getting slowly fixed but still worse than before. All factions are declaring wars now against these kingdoms which are weak (f.e Sturgia), even if they have to cross the whole map to attack them.

In my current game, Sturgia just have 3 towns and some castles because It was losing the war against Vlandia, and then everyone has declared war on Sturgia now, even Aserai.

Plus Aserai and Northen Empire making peace since day 1 when you start a campaign is a big problem for balancing because Aserai and Northen Empire usually attack the Western Empire some few days later and wreck It in +-100 days.

In general, the game is slowly getting better but these eventual steps back are hurting a lot the game proggression.

well right now in 1.4.1 i have my own kingdom no lords just me. its late game and there is only 4 factions left i am in the middle of them all. the size of these factions are. 40,000 32.000 18,000 11,000 and then its me 1,180 .. and over a year and no one has started war with me. its great i am just working the lands building up my town getting ready for what will happen but its going to be fun.even though i dont have much of a chance. this came about only as i left it very late to start my own kingdom and wanted to see if the game would let me have a kingdom after the story line had finished and i had given the flag to another faction.. and it dos.

The latest alpha branch has caused some issues related to male/female. I've noticed it most often when being introduced to ladies but also have noticed some incorrect pronouns in other dialogues. This appears to be a new problem.

The face enemy command isn't working correctly in many situations. For example when I attack sea raider hideouts they will face away away from the enemy even when there is only one force in one particular direction. This causes heavy loses unless I micro their orientation toward missile troops.

The latest alpha branch has caused some issues related to male/female. I've noticed it most often when being introduced to ladies but also have noticed some incorrect pronouns in other dialogues. This appears to be a new problem.
Noted, is this also for new games?

The face enemy command isn't working correctly in many situations. For example when I attack sea raider hideouts they will face away away from the enemy even when there is only one force in one particular direction. This causes heavy loses unless I micro their orientation toward missile troops.
If you create a thread regarding this, link it here and I'll add this issue to the main tables

Hello,

currently on beta branch (1.4.1) changing the main character's name does not work when you save and load the game.

The name gets changed through the whole game but when you save and try to load the save again it resets to it's original value.
Can something be done about it?

Thanks

I was thinking of starting a new playthrough after a couple of weeks off. I see the feedback for 1.4.2 been very positive but the fief distribution issue seems to be quite a big one. Can anyone here clarify how big the issue really is for a regular playthrough and are we in a good place with where the game is compared to 2 months ago?

I was thinking of starting a new playthrough after a couple of weeks off. I see the feedback for 1.4.2 been very positive but the fief distribution issue seems to be quite a big one. Can anyone here clarify how big the issue really is for a regular playthrough and are we in a good place with where the game is compared to 2 months ago?
Beta 1.4.2 is the most stable I've experienced since the start of the Beta, nothing in the patch notes indicate that the fief distribution has been adressed but it isn't a major problem in my saves, it's on the list because of feedback

I have been with Aserai since i got to Clan level 3 I have got to 19 in game years in .1.4.2 with no mods.the game runs great . what i have seen is the faction leader trys to keep the fief it gives you close to each other .. i have now 2 towns and 2 Castles all next to each other. I have seen this with all the clans in the faction. ...So if they are fighting on the other side of the map to were your town is the odds are you will not be given a new taken castle .until all clans in faction have 1 to 2 fiefs each.

I've been on latest beta 1.4.2 for like 100-200 hours now and I have some feedback for it. Im at day 2545, im lvl 21 and aged 60 something and my kids are all grown up :smile:
Its been a lot of fun but it does feel never-ending.

The main culprit imo is the fact that my faction (valadian) continually has had 2-3 wars going at the same time most of the game. Its very hard to make any progress when its like this. One suggestion to perhaps alleviate this problem a little would be to allow players to spend more influence (if they wanted) on certain votes, such as war votes. Being only allowed to spend 100 influence means its virtually impossible to affect the outcome on whether we go to war or make peace. Personally, I think the AI should factor in whether we are already at war, and if we are, then they should be much less inclined to sustain or start another war. Also in a similar vein, I feel like the sheer scale of the game - specifically, all the neutral factions and the number of parties each faction inevitably can have, has a detrimental effect on the overall flow of the game. For example, in order to simply move across the map in my game as it is currently, I would have to kill 10's of thousands of troops.
A better example would be when I had something like 30+ kuziat prisoners in my town seonopa (i think its called) and yet I still was not able to leave the city in order to go north to Osor (my other city) without having to swiftly turn back around because seonopa was getting seiged again by yet another 1000+ army. After awhile the battles feel like a bit of a chore simply because they feel endless and your victories fruitless.

I do encourage the game to try and become as difficult as possible (when the player has selected realistic options and good AI combat etc), but I would much prefer it if the battles were simply harder but less frequent - so quality over quantity in other words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom