? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

There are Infos to the next big Update which will come in some Days from Mexico. Maybe you want to read it for this thread (don't know the word in English for it when you can think about how to add it here - I am a German speaker)
I also don't know the word in English - I am a French speaker - but I understand what you mean. Thank you for the link, I've now read it and I'm prepared for the testing this update will require.
For 3-4 days I worked on lords to have better tier troops. It will be at beta branch 2-3 days later with other developments :
Colouring mine
That comment really gives me hope that they will start introducing content to the Beta before the Main branch.
And, aside from the Red Content that tagged along since Beta 1.1.0 and was pushed to all the other versions so far, the content from the Beta 1.2.0 seems ready to push to Main 1.2.0, there is nothing Red from that Beta Branch anymore.
To be honest, it's starting to look great

Hey there. Great work for gathering and recording all of this !

FR for OP : C'est vraiment nice comme job ! Ca aide grandement à faire passer le feedback entre moi et mes collègues et nous aide grandement à aller target les bugs et autres glitches IG. Continue comme ça ! C'est extra.

PS : Shouldn't this thread be stickied ? Would help a lot of the commuity to see that, and lower the amount of "whining" thread popping every day ?

Hey there. Great work for gathering and recording all of this !

FR for OP : C'est vraiment nice comme job ! Ca aide grandement à faire passer le feedback entre moi et mes collègues et nous aide grandement à aller target les bugs et autres glitches IG. Continue comme ça ! C'est extra.
Merci beaucoup c'est vraiment apprécié! Le coup initial était dur à donner, mais là, juste à garder ça à jour ça ce fait bien, content que ça soit utile.

PS : Shouldn't this thread be stickied ? Would help a lot of the commuity to see that, and lower the amount of "whining" thread popping every day ?
I've heard from a Dev and a Moderator (in a conversation) that this thread is being evaluated to be stickied, but I still need to show that it will be updated enough for it to receive that pin.

This is looking so much better than before! In an update or two if they continue to update the Combat AI it might get back to the level it was before the Beta, but with the weapon skill instead of the overall level.

Yeah and the AI is even better if you turn up the scaling higher than on a usual lord (as is done in some mods). There's really no issue with blocking in the AI (assuming one opponent and no rotation), it can block so it feels like it's perfect from the front at max level, but I guess there's an issue of scaling so it performs as you want at each level. Looters not being master swordsmen, and troops not acting like they don't have a shield.

I like their progress on this front.

Yeah and the AI is even better if you turn up the scaling higher than on a usual lord (as is done in some mods). There's really no issue with blocking in the AI (assuming one opponent and no rotation), it can block so it feels like it's perfect from the front at max level, but I guess there's an issue of scaling so it performs as you want at each level. Looters not being master swordsmen, and troops not acting like they don't have a shield.

I like their progress on this front.
I really agree with this, I'm really optimistic about this issue. I have to leave the AI Blocking is still broken in the first post until it is as good as before the Beta, since the goal of the thread is to make a comparison between now and before the Beta. I'm glad I can remove the ‼ (unattended for 2 patches) and replace it with a ❕ (still present, but tweaked)

Great idea and work man.
Thank you!

I don't understand a thing in the OP. We not geniuses.
The tables list content for a certain version of the game, the ? means that the feature mentionned was introduced in that version (the one in the table, for example AI Blocking is Broken is introduced in Beta 1.1.0) the colour system is detailes in the legend above the tables.
The goal of this thread is to track when content is introduced, if it is well received (so pushed to the main version) or if it should stay in the Alpha/Beta branches for further tweaking, until it is working.
If you have any specific questions ask me, I received a lot of feedback that this was very clear and concise, but if you don't feel that way, let me know how I can improve the thread.

This thread is a good idea, but it depends upon OP being honest and really taking into account the opinions of others.

Which can sometimes be hard.

I absolutely agree with your statement, this is why I wrote this at the beginning :

In order to keep my bias at bay, comment if you don't agree with the rating of a feature.

I also try to link a thread made by somebody else than me (except the armour one since my thread about that has the most comments) to justify the colouring, therefore it is based on how I perceive the opinion of others rather than how I perceive the issue.
I'm a scientist (palaeontologist) so I have formal training in minimising bias, but every single entity alive is filled with biases and no amount of training will reduce that to zero.
Since I'm fully aware that any one-person-project quicky becomes biased, it's extremely important to let me know when you don't agree.

Last edited:
OP could you put in the AI turning issue in red, as thats a longstanding problem? Thanks
That's exactly why I won't put it in, I agree that this is an issue, but it didn't start in the Alpha-Beta Process (So in or after Beta 1.1.0)
It is grouped in the
'From Patch e1.0.10
?
Everything '
Along with everything else that was there from before Beta 1.1.0.
The goal of this thread is to compare what the game looked like before the start of the Beta and now. But, if this issue is adressed in a patch note and it doesn't work, then I'll put it in Green (addressed, but still doesn't work)

Last edited:
Not sure if you addressed the escaping lords issue that is currently in there by design as a snowballing bandaid, but a dev posted in my thread about it and here’s what he said

Daily escape chance from walled settlement : will decrease to 7.5% from 10% (with 1.3.0)
Daily escape chance from mobile party : will decrease to 22.5%-45% from 30%-60% (with 1.3.0) (30% from a party with more than 81 healthy men, 60% from 0 healthy man party)
If player is capturer probabilities are multiplied with 0.33 if mobile (was there since EA), 0.5 if prisoner is at player's walled settlement (new at 1.3.0)

So with 1.3.0 if you place your prisoner to one of your walled settlements escaping chance of prisoner will be 3.75% daily means nearly 25-30 days of average prisoned time.

We know this escaping thing is disturbing. When new heroes are added to game these probabilities will be decresed very much. Currently there is no replacements so it is risky to reduce daily escape chance to 2.5%s this can cause kingdoms to lose lots of settlements after losing one big army battle.

Back
Top Bottom