? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Great initiative Jarl!
Thank you so much, it's really appreciated!

Could u add that Shield wall formation is not working properly?
Here is a thread about it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/shieldwall-tweaks.409964/
Hello mate!
As much as I personally agree with the linked thread, it is not an issue that arised with the Alpha - Beta Branches. The goal of this thread is to filtre unfinished or broken content that should stay in the Beta for more rigourous tweaking, until it is ready to be pushed into the Main/Public Branch. This is an issue there from the beginning of EA. Some examples of issues also not qualifying : Perks that don't work, Banners not implemented, Infantry that can't brace spears, etc.

I'll include it in the thread if it's adressed in an update, like the Armours in shops : the Beta 1.2.0 said Towns would start producing and selling High Tier Armours, but with many hours in the version of the game, I still can't find any, so I put this issue in Green (adressed, but not working). If a Beta update says 'New prioritisation of position in Shieldwalls' it will be added here in Blue if it works, in Green is it doesn't work and in Yellow if it breaks something else (like the Caravan Nerf, aiming to balance Caravans but functionnaly removed them from the game)
If the update says nothing about Shieldwalls, but, after that update Shieldwalls don't work (like AI blocking after Beta 1.1.0) then I'll include it in Red in the Table section of that update. I suggest looking at the spoiler under Legend for the colours and symbols in the table.

Sorry for the long text, I just liked the suggestion and wanted to elaborate on why it doesn't fit here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Great thread!
Thank you both!

Bump as this thread is in my opinion very important and more visibility on the forum is highly appreciated.
I'm really impressed by your fervour towards this thread, thank you. You might be happy to know that I learnt that this thread will be evaluated by the mighty Council of Moderators : if I keep it updated enough and digestible, it will be considered for a ?Pin in this section of the forums.

Last edited:
Great initiative. This sort of process should be in place, and I don't think it is in Talesworlds atm (even if they have it, it's not effective atm)

Hope this thread will be pinned soon as it is really readable for the community. I'm pretty sure the devs have the same thing going on a whiteboard though but it is still super useful.

Thank you both!

I'm really impressed by your fervour towards this thread, thank you. You might be happy to know that I learnt that this thread will be evaluated by the mighty Council of Moderators : if I keep it updated enough and digestible, it will be considered for a ?Pin in this section of the forums.

Sure, you deliver good work and I appreciate the time and effort you put into making this. In my opinion it deserves the pin of the admins or devs because it shows them and the users essential information and also the opportunity for mods to work around problems/bugs.

Hopefully the Devs will adapt to shown information and get more easy information. (and hopefully get better/more accurate fixes out- skills and perks *cough cough* ?)

Cheers.

Update : I just finished adding what I think is all the content from Beta 1.1.0 + Hotfix, Main 1.1.0 + 1.1.1, Beta 1.2.0 + Hotfix and Main 1.2.0
Most notably today: Executions cause rep. loss with Factions and Family. Executions cause rep. loss with Minor Factions many corrections and the spoiler 'As of' under the Tables
I also want to let you know that the investigation about High Tier Armours not showing up in Towns has really progressed today thanks to @Dr-Shinobi and @pbl , the conclusion : High Tier Armours can be produced by Towns, the feature is working, but the rate of production is so low it seems unexistant. I'm therefore putting this issue in Green, great in theory, but not working as intended.
Thank you both again for your contributions.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, it's really appreciated!

Hello mate!
As much as I personally agree with the linked thread, it is not an issue that arised with the Alpha - Beta Branches. The goal of this thread is to filtre unfinished or broken content that should stay in the Beta for more rigourous tweaking, until it is ready to be pushed into the Main/Public Branch. This is an issue there from the beginning of EA. Some examples of issues also not qualifying : Perks that don't work, Banners not implemented, Infantry that can't brace spears, etc.

I'll include it in the thread if it's adressed in an update, like the Armours in shops : the Beta 1.2.0 said Towns would start producing and selling High Tier Armours, but with many hours in the version of the game, I still can't find any, so I put this issue in Green (adressed, but not working). If a Beta update says 'New prioritisation of position in Shieldwalls' it will be added here in Blue if it works, in Green is it doesn't work and in Yellow if it breaks something else (like the Caravan Nerf, aiming to balance Caravans but functionnaly removed them from the game)
If the update says nothing about Shieldwalls, but, after that update Shieldwalls don't work (like AI blocking after Beta 1.1.0) then I'll include it in Red in the Table section of that update. I suggest looking at the spoiler under Legend for the colours and symbols in the table.

Sorry for the long text, I just liked the suggestion and wanted to elaborate on why it doesn't fit here.
Ohhh My bad!
Great work with this thread!

Ohhh My bad!
Great work with this thread!
Thank you! Don't worry, the forums are not that intuitive to navigate

What is an alpha branch?
I'll try to answer this but keep in mind that I'm a francophone, if it's not clear enough just let me know, but :
As of writing this, Bannerlord is in Early Access, meaning it is not in its completed state, called Full Release. To reach that level of completion, Bannerlord will be updated for about a year.
In order to make this year of update more functional, TaleWorlds decided that they would keep 2 up to date version of the game, one Beta version (/branch) and the Public version (/branch).
The difference is this : Content that has been tested internally (by TaleWorlds) will be pushed into the Beta version of the game, for folks like us to test and give feedback. After around a week, TaleWorlds will pick the functional content from the Beta, push it to the Main Branch and leave the content that needs tweaking in the Beta. (This is in theory. It is the ultimate goal of this thread to help make it work like that, but it is a tad optimistic)
So we've got the Public Branch, made to be stable and only receive tested content. The Beta made to test said content that should have been tested by TaleWorlds before.
Your question was : What's an Alpha Branch
Right now : Nothing
But, when TaleWorlds announced the Beta Branch, they said they would also open an Alpha Branch, where players that opted for this could test crude and untested content, a buggy frequently updated version of the game that introduces a lot of content, broken or not.
If you wonder how to opt for a branch or an other, there's something in the Support Section for Bannerlord in the Forums about that.
I hope it helps, cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom