? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

As far as AI combat is concerned in the most recent update on beta branch, I can say that it has definitely improved a bit in the extremely high level troops (lords and elite infantry) as long as they are using shields. The two handed AI still doesn't block, and anything below the top tier units needs some serious teaching on how to block.

It makes me wonder what the formula is for determining combat proficiency. I know it is now derived on weapon skill with the weapon physically being used, instead of general level. But is it a fancy formula or just the even skill number value? Should the level of troop play any role? How does the combat difficulty setting effect it? I’d love to see some numbers broken down by the brainy folks who who like to dig into data.

As far as AI combat is concerned in the most recent update on beta branch, I can say that it has definitely improved a bit in the extremely high level troops (lords and elite infantry) as long as they are using shields. The two handed AI still doesn't block, and anything below the top tier units needs some serious teaching on how to block.
It makes me wonder what the formula is for determining combat proficiency. I know it is now derived on weapon skill with the weapon physically being used, instead of general level. But is it a fancy formula or just the even skill number value? Should the level of troop play any role? How does the combat difficulty setting effect it? I’d love to see some numbers broken down by the brainy folks who who like to dig into data.

Stumbled upon this comment by a developper!
I am not the subject matter expert on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but one thing that was changed is a shift from character level based combat ai level to equipped weapon skill level based combat ai level. (So f.e. you won't see a high level merchant dominate you in battle.) We are balancing this and also working on some other combat related problems.
I added the ? symbol (known to developpers) to the blocking issue!
It's really alleviating to know it's acknowledged!

Oi folks,

Updated 17/04/2020 for e1.1.1 + Beta 1.2.0 Hotfix
I wanted to make this thread to try to funnel the feedback over the Alpha - Beta - Main Branch. I propose trying the make a list of the most striking features and updating which features are ready to be pushed to the next branch and which should stay in their branch for fine tuning.
Also, please leave a comment, or this thread will be engulfed into oblivion.
This thread is not about bugs or missing features, this belongs in Technical Support or in Suggestions. This thread is for feedback on features (and problems) that started in the Beta or the Alpha, to prevent the bad ones from climbing the ladder up to the Main Branch

Legend
Blue means 'this feature received support from what I can gather from the forums, it is ready to push to the next branch',
Green means 'great in theory but not working or not finished',
Yellow means 'this feature received mixed or bad support, should probably stay in that branch for fine tuning / testing / fixing',
Red means 'bug / broken mecanic / unintended consequence introduced in or after the start of the Beta 1.1.0 that should be removed'
Grey means unassigned yet, if you are able to test it, please comment your results.

? and Bold means that this feature was introduced in this patch, this will be more usefull when/if the Alpha branch start.
? and striked means that this feature was removed in this patch.
?means that the issue is featured in Known Issues or it has been acknowledged by a developper. I'll include a link [dev] to the comment if possible.

? means that this feature was received from a lower branch.
❕means that the issue was pushed from a lower branch with tweaking. (Don't apply if it was a Blue feature in lower branches)
❗means that the issue was pushed from a lower branch without tweaking. (Don't apply if it was a Blue feature in lower branches)

You can click on the titles in the tables for a link to the thread. Of course, let me know if I forgot something important. I'll link threads discussing the matter, but due to a lack of space I won't name them, they will simply be listed as [link].
The ultimate goal is that developpers can look and at a glance, evaluate the feedback of a branch, to know if that feature is ready to be pushed. Sadly, 1.1.0 is a great exemple of how not to use a Beta. Content broken in the Beta 1.1.0 (in Red) was pushed to the Main Branch, and another unfinished feature (Caravan Nerf) was introduced in the main branch, but it should've been introduced in Beta 1.2.0, then tweaked, then introduced in a working state in Main 1.2.0 or later.
I'm asking TaleWorlds to let us help you develop the grandiose game we all want to see, please use the Alpha and Beta branches to their fullest potential.
In order to keep my biais at bay, comment if you don't agree with the rating of a feature.

ALPHA 1.1.0 →
Does not exist
From Patch e1.0.10
? Everything

New from Beta 1.1.0 + Hotfix

+? Bug fixes and performance improvement
+? Trade Perk fix
+? Fixed the simulated battle exploit
+? Wanderer adjustments
+? Adjusted Skill experience gain (retroactive)
+? AI blocking is broken [link][link][link][link][link]
+? Units are fat [link]
+? UI lightning is too dark [link]
+? Huge Charm boost at the end of tutorial [link]
From Beta 1.1.0 + Hotfix :
? Bug fixes and performance improvement
? Trade Perk fix
? Fixed the simulated battle exploit
? Wanderer adjustments
? Adjusted Skill experience gain❕
? AI blocking is still broken ❗
? Units are less fat ❕
? UI lightning is too dark ❗
? Huge Charm boost at the end of tutorial ❗

New from Main 1.1.0 + 1.1.1
+? Caravan Nerf [link]
+? AI Combat is improved

ALPHA 1.2.0 →
→ MAIN 1.2.0
Does not exist
From Main 1.1.0 + 1.1.1
?
Everything good, plus
? AI blocking is still broken ❗ ? [dev]
? UI lightning is too dark ❗ ?[dev]
? Huge Charm boost at the end of tutorial ❗
? Caravan Nerf ❕

New from Beta 1.2.0 + Hotfix
+? Bug fixes and performance improvement
+? Auto-Resolve against Looters is punitive [link]
+? Item modifiers
+? AI Siege pathing
+? Higher Tier Armour produced in shops (They are still mythical) [link] ?[dev]
+? Quest adjustments
+? Caravans can now sell prisoners
+? ? Towns running out of money [link]
Does not exist yet

Let's make Bannerlord a masterpiece,
Cheers from Québec ⚜
+1
More info are always good.

Really great idea with this tread! While I put the game on hold, for now, this is my go-to place to see if its time for another playthrough.

Siege pathing is still abhorrent on 1.2.0

One thing i noticed that absolutely breaks the siege pathing as well is giving any orders. It's much better if you do nothing, which honestly just makes me feel like I'm useless half the battle since there is no way I'm going to go up near the siege equipment and eat arrows before the walls are down.

I would like to see some orders that make units prioritize certain paths, or maybe even a battle plan. I think this may be a reality in the future?

Back
Top Bottom