BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

? MEET THE TEAM: The Holy Inquisition [HINQ]

Users who are viewing this thread

The Holy Inquisition signed up a strong, modified roster for the Winter Cup, premiering players like Silver, Relynar and Walker under the HINQ tag as well as reclaiming Chao Persik and troechka for their team.
This roster enabled them to sweep aside all the opponents the Winter Cup could produce. They handed defeat to Divitiarum in the finals and became the Winter Cup Champions. TheBard spoke to Silver, Relynar and Artemeis for MnB Comp to get to know what is in their heads.

HINQ is a Russian multi-gaming community and you guys are around for quite some time. Can you tell us a bit about the backstory?
The community was founded at 2010 in Warband and was called Inquisition. We had a lot of achievements, out players participated in Nation Cups and other tournaments. Then we switched to Mercs, cRPG, Napoleonic Wars and other games like CS:GO, LoL and others. So we have become a multi-gaming community and suddenly Bannerlord comes out where we started first BEAST terribly because a lot of people still didn't get into the game so we ended up at 9-16 place (Quadri, Chao Persik, Vernon, Sumrac, Alim, Svan, Ricardo). Next BEAST we got better and hit 2nd place in div A and won a CIS tournament. The 3rd BEAST was the brightest for us where we played in a draw against RM (Quadri, Chao Persik, Sumrac, troechka, zorkeN, Mreed, Vernon). Then things went down a hill - 4th we just survived, 5th and 6th was just a mess. After that stars aligned and Silver, Relynar and Walker came to us and we have already won 3 tournaments in a row.

Your roster looks not like the HINQ rosters of old, as you have collected the Russian players from SGM. Can you tell us a bit about your new, reformed roster?
Silver: After last BEAST both HINQ and SGM got pretty unsatisfactory results. The problem was that not everyone in these teams wanted to try their best in this game and commit enough to win the BEAST. Things got worse after SGM decided to make a long break and basically disband their Bannerlord roster. Me, Walker and Relynar wanted to play together so it was kind of hard to fit 3 players into 1 roster and the perfect solution was HINQ. We heard that Chao and Troechka are coming back to the main roster so on paper it seemed that could create a tough roster, full tryhard lesgoo. We tried couple of scrims together - cannot say everything was smooth and nice but we clearly had the potential so we decided to stay and commit to HINQ basically combining all the remaining CIS-based tryhards.
Relynar: Quadri had been calling us to the Inquisition for a long time, and was incredibly upset when Walker and Silver and I joined SGM. But after two seasons together in SGM, others in a team took a break in Bannerlord, so we had to search for another competitive team together, and HINQ was just the right option, with Silver taking over as infantry and IGL, Walker becoming the main cavalry, there was only the question of my class to be answered. I already played half infantry, half archer in aD, and was an archer along with Riflex in SGM. However, I didn't want to play archer again in HINQ, so I decided to try out a new cavalry role for myself. Watch out, my couch is already coming in your face, Division A!

To speak briefly about the SGM case, as we know, the other players of SGM dropped Bannerlord completely, at least for the moment. Are you, Silver/Relynar/Walker still in touch with your old friends?
Silver: We are still in the SGM community, hang around, watching movies. The boys are just playing a terrible game. (laughs)
Relynar: The Racing game you mean?
Silver: The MMO one.
Relynar: New World?
Silver: Yes, New World. It’s impossible to stay with them too long when they grind that game, at least Rangah. The community is still intact, just the bannerlord is dissolved for now.

You guys recently revived and conquered the pickup scene completely by providing HINQ Bannerlord Matchmaking. Can you tell us a bit about how it works, the idea behind it and what your goals are with this project? Who is the master mind behind the project, do you want to give him some credit for the amazing work?
Silver: Initially, guys (Quadri, Chao, Forsee) wanted to unite CIS community and makes a common place to play so we tried to make CIS pickups again. After that though Forsee came with an idea of matchmaking and made a bot and balancing system. Forsee showed big brain moves, he literally learnt a new topic and had no experience with AI and bots before. He learnt it on the go and provided the bot. Also Quadri, Chao, the rest of the administration team basically, made sure that everything is working smooth. Quadri was trying hard with writing down matches and uploading. He uploaded 3k or more rows of his own, big walk. Now we transfer it to a database (web API) and transfer should be done by tomorrow or pretty soon. After new year we will introduce something even better..

Regarding the Winter Cup: was that a point to prove, did you tryhard for it or was it a cakewalk?
Artemeis: Of course we were tryharding, what is the point of playing a competitive game if you not?
Silver: Of course we tryharded, we trained a lot. We created this roster with the intention to tryhard. Quadri, Artemeis, the others and us created this roster to have people who commit and show up. We started so weak to what we did in the finals, it was a big improvement.

Do you think that, if you are put in Division A, you can win the crown of BEAST 7?
Silver: I think we have all the capabilities and the desire to do it. We will try our best and we will make sure we will slay everyone. It is time for a new beast winner.

Some BEAST tournaments went on drama free, while others produced considerable amounts of it. Do you think BEAST 7 will have drama or not?
Silver: It will have Drama, for sure! If we take the Winter Cup as example, almost zero drama. There was a drama in the beginning when KW and RMS reinforced their rosters. It depends, if RM and DM are still there, I highly suspect there will be some drama, but if it’s Div and us, no.
Relynar: Also there is no SGM to create drama with DR.

We noticed that a lot of HINQ players are written in as Ingame Leader in the Pickup Charts, most likely the highest IGL density any team could produce right now. However, do you have a fixed Shotcaller?
Artemeis: That is Silver, basically.
Silver: Yes. But for me it is a great team to be in. When everyone is concentrated and aiming to win, I get two or three people to help with calls. If I miss someone, I have my guys to back me up. zorkeN, Artemeis and Chao give all incredible ideas during the game. And we are always strategizing before the game. Also Walker is a great cav and able to IGL and cooperating
Relynar: He is leading us to victory. Also it’s a great pleasure to play with a lot of experienced players, we really work like a team. I never was in a team like this before, it was different in SGM. We had good calls from William and Silver (main IGL), but in HINQ that is different, for the better.

What do you think of the recent changes introduced by NIN3, who appears to be the new head of the MP Development?
Silver: God bless NIN3 and his incredible mind. Thank you NIN3. He is doing a great job, listening to us. I can’t say I agree with everything, but it’s okay, if he notices something to be broken, he is attempting to fix it. Recent patches are steering the game in the right way, compared to months ago. Game is in a way better state. Public and matchmaking can be bad, but for competitive skirmish it feels great. Winter Cup was really good. #nin3istheway

You are appearing to be integrating in the entire Russian community now, unifying them under the HINQ-tag. Do you intend to send multiple teams into BEAST as well? And if so, how many?
Silver: Yeah, probably, right now we’re thinking with three teams. Dovmont already signed up his third team and called it HINQ 3. There might be a roster with Nord and Ricardo and so on for HINQ 2. And Dovmonts team. HINQ is getting huge, but there is still also BT and Teutons, they have pretty big communities as well.

Will Bloody_Death regret not joining SGM as he was presented the chance?
Silver: In SGM we gave Bloody_Death a chance to get into a better team, now look at him. Also: if AE are not signing up, they are cowards.

You have some extraordinary players on your roster. So, who would you say is the most talented one? And who is the best salt miner?
Silver: The best salt miner is Walker for sure. He becomes ****ing mental and for no reason would roast everyone in the team chat. And then he goes “I wanna troll more” and goes to the public chat. But the strongest player is Chao, for sure. You have to have someone like Chao in your team, if you want to hit high, he is an amazing player. All of the players are incredible good, but Chao is next level.

I heard a rumor that Arni ushered interest in your team. If Arni and Argentum would come knocking, would they get a place in the team?
Artemeis: Not in our Division A team I guess. Sorry, I might be the biggest salt mine. Let me clarify: It’s not about the skill, we already have enough players, and some people bench even though they can go to another stack and play every game. Right now our team is very balanced. If some players are very skilled but they do not fit in our team, they will not show the performance like in previous tournament. It would take another month or two to fit in our team.
Silver: We want to win with this roster. We’re pretty confident in each other, there is no point in taking any other guys.

Thank you for speaking to us and taking time to answer these questions!

Follow MnBComp:
Contact MnBComp Staff:
8tq8qck.gif
Aeronwen
fARbO47.png
nCdbBIZ.gif
Steam
mEyXAms.gif
TaleWorlds
1ELYCbP.png
Twitter
Bard