SP - Player, NPCs & Troops šŸ“ Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

Users who are viewing this thread

This scale armor would be awesome in Bannerlord! Like for empire or even Aserai?
bannerlord_armor.jpg

The Aserai armors like the mail over robe and the armor that the veteran infantry wears would look better if the robes had printed patterns on them like this.
https://vk.com/photo403552526_456254840
I feel that there is a lack of variety of armors especially final tier armors for all the factions and a lot more has to be added.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N5N2NP - this armor set would look great for the Aserai! It would be great if the developers or any modder can implement it in game

2349-1606773350-377447114.jpeg

2349-1604173114-363239892.jpeg

[spoiler\]

thumb-1920-548770.jpg

in mods I found a nice helmet. why didn't the developers do the same themselves?

HalfMetalJacket sorry to repeat, but the helmet is really good.
here's another

Last edited:
Yes this helmet is the iconic helmet of Bannerlord prewiew old "logo" and they don't even put it in game!?

mount-blade-ii-banner-5e4e79ad631c4.jpg

Design of units is really better in 1.5.6 with militia looking more like militias (like civilians trained and equipped with basic armor), body proportions are better. This is going the good way but we they are starting from far :giggle:

2349-1606773350-377447114.jpeg

2349-1604173114-363239892.jpeg

[spoiler\]

thumb-1920-548770.jpg

in mods I found a nice helmet. why didn't the developers do the same themselves?

HalfMetalJacket sorry to repeat, but the helmet is really good.
here's another
I made a point of integrating that into my basic lore friendly mod version. Now I'm thinking of just straight up including it in the main versions of my mod.

How awesome it would be to see every clan/fief have a small unique troop tree as it is planned for Kingdoms of Arda. Really love how distinctive the units on the first page are looking.

Let`s say up to 5 distinctive units per clan that reflect their clan tier and make a single battle more varied than the forest bandits. And when you have an army vs army battle you have them seperated into formations, think about your odds and decide "ok, I`ll focus on this clan and move to the left flank".

At the start of your campaign you`re only able to recruit mercenaries and bandits and need to have the same clan tier or higher and good relations to recruit from other clans. How much depth this would add to the clans and every campaign.

Thought about this a bit more and encountered two problems: what if a clan levels up and what about the units levelling up? Maybe make one unique troop roster (instead of tree) for every clan tier of every faction, so that a clan gets the better troops when it levels up. Clan tier 1 starting very simple with a light infantry and light ranged unit and then the roster increases in quality and complexity while there are still some lighter units for the higher ranked clans. Units not levelling up into completely new troops and only increase their stats and get some slightly better equipment while still being recognisable as the same soldier?

Last edited:
some of the helmets are fitting for sturgia, i spot the chernigov helmet (we already have that) with a feather, and the find from kiev. also i dont think it would be a good idea to give the sturgians a 15th - 16th century hat.
Please add the armor and helmets of this mod to the original.

Looking at some of the vanilla armors, in my opinion some of them look kinda "off" or in my personal opinion kinda unappetizing (especially when I found out about what is probably the reference for some of the armor :???:)

GTTVcUZ.png

LmnR4DA.png

In my opinion the plates are a bit too huge making it a bit immobile, the armpits are not that well protected as well. In my opinion this can be some sort of lamellar for low tier troops. The repro of the lamellar that the larper is wearing it self is not of good quality

here is reference for khuzait high tier lamellar:

14th century Turco Mongol lamello laminar
FhNKNKj.jpg

vpsL1gr.jpg

azuaBde.jpg

Im going to post the rest in page 43, along with helmet references and some personal suggestions.

Last edited:
hey everyone, i have a little annoucement to make and figured this thread would be the best place to do so. today is my last day at taleworlds after almost 4 years and i wanted to thank everyone in the community who participates is this goldmine of a thread over the years. especially @Piconi and @Terco_Viejo with whom i had constant communication over the years. they helped solidify a brilliant vision for bannerlord's armor and costume art, and i've only tried my best to realize it.
thank you again if you've shared your ideas and inspirations in this thread, even though it might have felt unheard, i can assure you that it never was. i hope everyone of you also share my enjoyment as each one of these designs keep being added to the game.
cheers
ali

hey everyone, i have a little annoucement to make and figured this thread would be the best place to do so. today is my last day at taleworlds after almost 4 years and i wanted to thank everyone in the community who participates is this goldmine of a thread over the years. especially @Piconi and @Terco_Viejo with whom i had constant communication over the years. they helped solidify a brilliant vision for bannerlord's armor and costume art, and i've only tried my best to realize it.
thank you again if you've shared your ideas and inspirations in this thread, even though it might have felt unheard, i can assure you that it never was. i hope everyone of you also share my enjoyment as each one of these designs keep being added to the game.
cheers
ali
It has been a real honour to share all this time with you (and with Nenad) as well as to discover you as the magnificent artist that you are. Best of luck for this new journey that is opening up in your eyes for you from now on.

giphy.gif

Ali, always in my team, my Sorolla's friend.

cheers
ali
This is a sad day, but i will always look back fondly on the fact that you took inspiration from all the people posting in this thread, and we are thus getting new armour pieces every patch (albeit at a bit slower pace than us fans would like ?).
Thank you for all your work, you and the whole of the art department, thank you especially for making us feel like our voice is heard, and for working in the shadows without much chance of being glorified, so we can have even nicer things in the game.

It was a real honour sharing this time with you and seeing your artistic genius come to life via your colleagues in 3D in form of new models!
All the best in your future endeavours and have a "good sight"!

Would be nice to see some armor pieces that cover the face in the game, even if more decorative looking than functional looking.
how-to-fight-like-a-gladiator-2.jpg

299cfab1a94bcaa69fa5f3af10e5acfc.jpg
24dda7a6801ea6141942cb6db183952c.jpg
b1ce20abaeb3af9dd0ed5ff737fa0155.jpg

A poll has shown that multiple players find Vlandia to be the most lacking faction in terms of armor variety.
Particularly higher-tier shoulder and torso pieces. Vlandia has no shoulder armor or long cape of its own, so they use Empire capes and shoulder armor. They also don't have much specifically noble-looking torso armor.

Obviously Taleworlds have tried to stick to the Norman aesthetic (a respectable decision) which is mainly limited to mail and cloth. But I think there's still room for variety without having to stray from the Norman look too much, so here is some reference material.

Vlandia Head: Painted Visored Helmet. A version of Visored Helmet over Laced Coif, which is painted in faction colour, for added visual variety. Credit to CKyHC for the top left image, also on the OP of this thread.
2ILSW3P.jpg

Here is an example of how they could look in game.
1LvtPyr.jpg

Vlandia Shoulder: Mail Mantle. Similar to Mail Shoulder Guard, but symmetrical, and needs to have a mail texture that matches the Vlandian Mail Hauberk items, as the existing mail shoulder guard looks very different. For added visual diversity (and to make it clearer that it is being worn), could have a leather hem around the outside, like the Mail Shoulder Reinforcements does.
ITVxmyb.jpg

Here's an example of how it could look in game.
FdU0o3i.jpg

Vlandia Shoulder: Long Cloak. Some form of long cloak/cape. Could look like pretty much anything- perhaps it could have a cloak pin or ermine fur trim, or be asymmetrical - so long as it looks distinctly Vlandian.
cUlZiWY.jpg

And here's a mockup of how one could look in-game.
8yc9Ssb.jpg

Vlandia Torso: Quilted Mail Tabard. A noble long mail hauberk underneath a patterned quilt, with overlapping triangles in faction colour+another colour, which adds visual variety.

Tmp6gEg.png

Vlandia Torso: Luxury Mail Tabard. A noble tabard, with additional jewelry pieces, and decoration on the fabric's hem and sleeves which seems to be visible on William the Conqueror's hauberk sleeves/hem on the Bayeux Tapestry. Credit to CKyHC for the sketch on the left (slightly edited by me).
J2tYFDf.jpg

Also, for the Sturgians, considering they take inspiration from the Kievan Rus, fancy kite shields are an iconic part of the Rus' aesthetic. So how about a Decorated Kite Shield? basically, just a reskin of one of the existing kite shield models, but with Kievan-style patterns around the edge. This would make Sturgian soldiers stand out more.
Zkq1cQJ.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, ever since they have started releasing new armors, the dynamics shifted from one faction lacking it, to another.
What i can say with certainty is that they have a lot lined up, but the speed of them releasing armors hasn't been exactly optimal, presumably because 3D artists are still making a bunch of other non-armor assets as well.

Back
Top Bottom