♔ The 24th (Warwickshire) Reg't of Foot ♔ Happy Retirement Spearing~!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

132849594279.gif

My opinion of this regiment shot THROUGH THE ROOF when I realised it was the Islandwana regiment!

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
jezza93 said:
My opinion of this regiment shot THROUGH THE ROOF when I realised it was the Islandwana regiment!

join us haha. We were also at Rorke's Drift  :wink:

Im in the 4e Grenadiers,the Old Guard. But I have a friend that I convinced to buy warband and NW and he doesnt want to join a french regiment so I may go to a British regiment with him. If it comes to that I was thinking either the 24th,33rd,51st or the 66th.

If I were to join,due to my month in the 4e would I go straight to private or have to start a lowly cadet :sad:
And of course I know you were at Rorke's drift :razz: even though it wasn't actually a Welsh regiment until after the Zulu war,my Great Great Great Great grandfather was in the cavalry in that war :smile:

jezza93 said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
jezza93 said:

join us haha. We were also at Rorke's Drift  :wink:

Im in the 4e Grenadiers,the Old Guard. But I have a friend that I convinced to buy warband and NW and he doesnt want to join a french regiment so I may go to a British regiment with him. If it comes to that I was thinking either the 24th,33rd,51st or the 66th.

If I were to join,due to my month in the 4e would I go straight to private or have to start a lowly cadet :sad:
And of course I know you were at Rorke's drift :razz: even though it wasn't actually a Welsh regiment until after the Zulu war,my Great Great Great Great grandfather was in the cavalry in that war :smile:

To be honest, there really isn't much difference between Pte-Cpl-Sgt. The only difference is Cpl's get to lead a bit more without asking, and Sgt's get to conduct entire events. Pte's can lead, if they ask first and in advance, so really Pte is just more of a formality than a restriction. We're very conducive to new blood :smile:

Wait so don't you have  cadet/recruit rank?

So I  was just looking through your regiment history,the actual IRL regiment....have a look.

-1869-Formation.
-1741-Defeated at Catagena de Indias.
-1756-Part of Minorca garrison,surrendered to the French.
-1758-Defeat at the battle of Saint Coast.
-1776-Fought American rebels at Quebec.
-1777-Surrended at Saratoga under General Burgoyne,imprisoned until 1783.
-1810-Majority of 1st battalion captured by French at sea.
-1814-Took part in the Ghurka war.
-1837-Suppressed insurgency in the valley of Rochelieu river.
-1846-Took over 50% casualties and lost the colours in the econd Sikh war.
-1879-540 dead at Isandlwana ,fought to the last man.
-1879-Around 130 men repulsed a 4000 man strong Zulu force at Rorkes drift. Seven men of the company were awarded the Victoria Cross.

And after this it's all up from here until it's amalgamation into the Royal Welsh regiment in 1969.

But it's a...um...impressive history :razz:

Dont ask questions regarding ranks! :razz:

In the 6e we have 3 ranks where normal regiment have 1... Yeah, we are that awesome!

Invite (very first lads, one training and they are off for a promotion)
Conscript (either extremely inactive or 'a bit of a troll', gets promoted after something like 2-3 weeks.)
Recruit, speaks for itself. If people are really ****ing crappy though, they will stay there. Veyr unlikely though :wink:

Can't speak for all of us of course, but I have a feeling most of us are content with being a plain 'n' simple private. There's no need of more people being higher up the ladder, seeing there's as good as always at least a sergeant or higher online. Even the few corporals we have are adequate leaders.

Agreed w/ Orchid. We kinda want to keep our ranks super-simple. KISS basically. Pte - Cpl - Sgt - Lt - Cpt - LtCol - Col

You can't really screw that up lol. Cadet.... it's not really useful. There is literally no difference between the responsibilities of Cadet and Private. ANYWAY....

Yeah the 24th has a rather long and impressive history of either being ****ed over by the navy or being surrounded by nigh impossible odds and dying extremely painful and heroic deaths or living through extremely off-odds battles.

Sources: Every f*cking battle they've been in.

Seems legit. May I ask how you kep yourself in so good shape, mr Spearing? What is your secret?

Back
Top Bottom