Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for you inconvenience. Also, thanks for your findings and feedback. For the initial loading, it is very unusual for the game to crash with the GPU TDR timeout, because there is no big render call there, we will try to replicate it. Also, for the multiple GPU crashes, can you check whether the monitor that game is on is directly hooked into the GPU that it is running the game? Finally, we will be trying to replicate the high FPS causing GPU crashes issue as well. Once again, thanks a lot for your feedback.

Other things you can try that are helpful are: use an alternate launcher, this one is the best: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/265.

Download Process Lasso (set the games priority to always high, I/O high, Bitsum highest performance mode when game is running (balanced for standard PC usage), and performance mode enabled.

Cap framerate to 60 FPS, make sure the game isn't changing settings. Check your config files to see if anything is off in my documents. The game changed back to 200 which will make it crash. Battle size use a low number.

Update all drivers (Driver Easy is a good way to check).

Took me an entire week of troubleshooting to get it fairly stable, those are just some things that have worked for me. More information is also helpful for the devs. Good luck.

Cheers for the advice. The game seems to be fairly standard if I just play on very low settings and only crashes about once every 3-6 hours on that setting. It's a bummer, but I'll take it for now.

Sorry for you inconvenience. Also, thanks for your findings and feedback. For the initial loading, it is very unusual for the game to crash with the GPU TDR timeout, because there is no big render call there, we will try to replicate it. Also, for the multiple GPU crashes, can you check whether the monitor that game is on is directly hooked into the GPU that it is running the game? Finally, we will be trying to replicate the high FPS causing GPU crashes issue as well. Once again, thanks a lot for your feedback.
I get multiple crashes and I am playing on a laptop with internal display. I do have multiple screenshots of some of the error messages, if that helps, I'm just not sure that I can upload them to this comment.

Cheers for the advice. The game seems to be fairly standard if I just play on very low settings and only crashes about once every 3-6 hours on that setting. It's a bummer, but I'll take it for now.

I forgot one other big thing. Change "texture streaming budget" from very high or high to medium or low. I don't know why (I have 9 gigs VRAM available!) but the higher that setting is, the worse the game performs.

No problem, thanks for the replies. For me, my monitor is directly connected to the GPU. A BenQ 144hz 2k > GTX 1080Ti factory OC (Gigabyte Windforce 11G). I am running this game and all other steam games on a mechanical HD though, so it's probably time for an SSD.

Underclocking the GPU by about 105 also worked for me I think. The biggest thing is limiting frames to 60. When the game jumps wildly from 42 to 110 it REALLY messes with your graphics card. That and turning audio quality to low (or medium if you can handle it). Turn of all shadows, ambient occlusion, get rid of mods, and Reshade will also make it crash. I should just take screenshots of the settings and post it. It took me a week of nothing but troubleshooting just to get it running. Also having a separate launcher (I know it's a mod) was the only way for me to sort load order - which is also important. The native files should be: 1) native 2) sandbox core 3) sandbox 4) custom battle 5) story mode. Story mode has to be last.

I agree, but we shouldn't have to underclock our GPU's.

Thanks for trying he advice wookdaddy.

Other things you can try that are helpful are: use an alternate launcher, this one is the best: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/265.

Download Process Lasso (set the games priority to always high, I/O high, Bitsum highest performance mode when game is running (balanced for standard PC usage), and performance mode enabled.

Cap framerate to 60 FPS, make sure the game isn't changing settings. Check your config files to see if anything is off in my documents. The game changed back to 200 which will make it crash. Battle size use a low number.

Update all drivers (Driver Easy is a good way to check).

Took me an entire week of troubleshooting to get it fairly stable, those are just some things that have worked for me. More information is also helpful for the devs. Good luck.

Can confirm doing all the above worked for me. Finally got a little gameplay, but not much tbh. I had to underclock GPU by more than 105 to get it working, about 300ish. On Very Low graphic settings I got about 15 mins before the d3d crash. On medium settings less than that. Each time it crashes while in game I have to restart my pc to get past the first loading screen again. Not sure why. Just like you said wookdaddy, game resets max frame limit to 200 each time (causing the crash?)

Thanks for the reply. Monitor is connected direct to GPU. GTX 1050 Ti >>> Dell U2717D 2560 X 1440 60 hz.

Just like you said wookdaddy, game resets max frame limit to 200 each time (causing the crash?)
No problem dude! Are you limiting your FPS to 60 in the Nivida control panel as well (or whichever 3rd party program you use)? That way when the game does revert to 200 (if it does), this won't allow it. Because you will crash trying to get to the options oftentimes. Setting it in Nvidia control panel worked for me, and I was able to get my normal res (144 fps) for everything else - set in the global profile in nvidia inspector. Just for bannerlord it's set to 60.

I keep having d3d device context map at rglgpu device:::lock texture failed GPU device instance has been suspended. LEM only supported with nvidia GPU & Windows 10. Not finding help with getdevice removedreason. I need help with this

Still getting crashes, this time after a 400 man battle with a dying kingdom. It seems that having a ton of those little mercenary bands around when a kingdom only has one or two fiefs left really bogs down the PC. Checked event viewer and the logs are apparently driver related, eventhough all my drivers are up to date.

Max GPU temp = 57 C, max CPU temp = 72 C.

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices. Event ID: 10110

Also a recurring kernel error, Event ID: 1000

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Faulting application name: Bannerlord.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ea45544
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb89efff3
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799
Faulting process id: 0x1c48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61c1324b63d5f
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c771d540-d517-4362-83df-e56094745e49
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the latest update (1.2/1.2.1) appears to have worsened this issue. I started to get the crashes every couple of minutes, even with settings on Very Low, whereas before I could generally play for a few hours at a time with everything on Very Low.

I'm still experiencing these crashes on 1.2 and 1.3. The only thing that worked for me was downclocking my memory core to -300 with MSI afterburner. I can play for hours with no crashes if I do that. Not sure what that means but it works. Fps is capped at 30, v-sync has to be on half or full, and all setting are very low.

Do you know if this issue is on the single-player road map that you guys released the other day? It'd be great to get this resolved, as it's the only issue for me at the moment.

This is still happening for me on stable 1.3.1 and beta 1.4 hotfix. Again the only thing that works is lowering my GPU's memory clock to -300. It happens at the end of battles now as well. I can overclock or underclock my core memory however much I want, the memory clock has to be at -300 and I get no crashes, 6+ hour play session. This and sieges are the only things that make this game unplayable for me. I would chock it up to my hardware but people with much more powerful rigs than myself are experiencing these problems as well. Performance is more stable underclocked at -300 too.

This problem was in known crashes but was removed awhile ago. I hope this is still on a list somewhere.

This is happening most of the time for me now. Got much worse in the last week or two. Used to work fine on Very High settings, then for a while it would happen every patch unless I tinkered with the settings (no consistent solution but when it started working it worked until the next patch). Now it's happening pretty consistently a few minutes into a multiplayer game and in single player last I checked. Sometimes I can play entire mp games without an issue but now it's happening all the time a few minutes in. Typically, looking at character models in menus usually sets it off (Inventory etc. in single player and Armory in multiplayer).

Otherwise the game has run beautifully on very high in the past without issue. I've tried underclocking. Spent hours trying to find a set of options that works. Limiting frames in game and in GPU settings. Verified game cache. Reinstalled game. Removed compressed_shader_cache.sack. Reinstalled GPU drivers (445.87). Tried previous driver version. Tried Very Low settings.

This didn't used to happen. GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM, i7-6700k 4GHz, bannerlord version e1.4.0.229571

Well I've gone from my comment yesterday to a giant red square and 10 legged horse after the branding videos. It's like bannerlord has corrupted itself into a corner and is totally unplayable now.

Well I've gone from my comment yesterday to a giant red square and 10 legged horse after the branding videos. It's like bannerlord has corrupted itself into a corner and is totally unplayable now.

Ok I got around the red square by removing the file (compressed_shader_cache.sack) from this folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\D3D11). I've played with removing and re adding that file as suggested in another thread in an attempt to troubleshoot the d3d errors without any noticeable change but I think the red square started happening today after I re added it at some point or after a total reinstall of the game.

Mentioned the same here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...error-or-bug-or-something-help-please.418195/

Still plagued by this error even after rolling back to old versions and forward to the beta version. Version doesnt seem to matter. It's odd because this game ran great for almost 200 hours. Seems like it's corrupted something to an unplayable state.

Still plagued by this error even after rolling back to old versions and forward to the beta version. Version doesnt seem to matter. It's odd because this game ran great for almost 200 hours. Seems like it's corrupted something to an unplayable state.

So none of my games that use 3D graphics seem to work now, all crashing similarly a few minutes in. I've done a windows reset and that didn't fix. I put my card into an older computer and it runs great, although less RAM and CPU power. So something other than my graphics card is busted - but something that affects the GPU under load - and I've troubleshot it to death. Temps all appear fine. Insides are clean. This issue seemed to have gradually gotten worse over time so maybe some other hardware falling apart.

I started to have this error in the beginning of sieges 1.4.1Beta, when siege starts and I choose one of my armies, boom CRASH. I tried it by letting them attack, they went well but later on BOOM crash. Any Solution by devs? will be checking thread later
EDIT
Started game from bannerlordnative.exe first. Still crash, lowered fps to 30, still crash, then started exe as administrator, and when it asked me do I want to run it in safe mode, I accepted and safe mode applied different settings, I lowered them all and NO crash this time. However I dont know what worked well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom