Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings greets William Duke of Normandy

Users who are viewing this thread

But can a bastard ever be rightful in the eyes of the god to whom you so desperately cling?

Can a Frenchman ever be rightful in the eyes of the very same god?

I would take part in that alliance. We should wipe the Normans from our earth's surface and in order to accomplish that an alliance would be truly helpful.

Takeda_Shingen said:
You fell for my little trap there, cousin. You must realise, you are doomed!

I am a Bastard that may be true, but then again I am a Norman, and I am Robert's only son, even though I am a Bastard, I am his only son. Therefore I am the rightful Duke of Normandy.

Also, Hrotha, I never said I admitted the truth, I was playing for time, time to think of an answer to your foolish accusations. So, I have.

Ball is now in your court, cousin.
You didn't really address any of my points, non-cousin! You just said "sure am!"

I deny that you are the son of Rodbert Duke of Normandy, and I deny that you are Willelm Duke of Normandy, for the reasons already stated.

Takeda_Shingen said:
Well then you are mad, cousin, everyone knows I am Robert's only heir, did he have any other sons, NO!
Everyone knows Rotbert had only one child, and an illegitimate one at that. Willelm the Bastard might be Rotbert's heir, but you are NOT Willelm the Bastard.

I shall reiterate my points:
- Balduin de Runeville doesn't acknowledge you as his liege, as he would acknowledge the real Duke of Normandy.
- You openly and proudly use the nickname "Bastard", which as everybody knows infuriates the real Duke Wyllelm and is never said to his face.
- You are said to be involved in petty skirmishes and raids unbefitting someone of the rank you claim to have.

You haven't disputed any of these. The issue is clear for anyone who judges the matter with objectivity: you're pretending to be someone who you aren't, probably as a way to have easier access to mercenaries and to gather support from the least loyal English eorls. I wouldn't be surprised if you were planning to usurp the duchy of Normandy itself.

hrotha said:
Takeda_Shingen said:
Well then you are mad, cousin, everyone knows I am Robert's only heir, did he have any other sons, NO!
Everyone knows Rotbert had only one child, and an illegitimate one at that. Willelm the Bastard might be Rotbert's heir, but you are NOT Willelm the Bastard.

I shall reiterate my points:
- Balduin de Runeville doesn't acknowledge you as his liege, as he would acknowledge the real Duke of Normandy.
- You openly and proudly use the nickname "Bastard", which as everybody knows infuriates the real Duke Wyllelm and is never said to his face.
- You are said to be involved in petty skirmishes and raids unbefitting someone of the rank you claim to have.

You haven't disputed any of these. The issue is clear for anyone who judges the matter with objectivity: you're pretending to be someone who you aren't, probably as a way to have easier access to mercenaries and to gather support from the least loyal English eorls. I wouldn't be surprised if you were planning to usurp the duchy of Normandy itself.

If you want me to, cousin, so be it.

-Balduin may not at first acknowledge me as his liege but that has been sorted out in private.
-I may use the name "Bastarz" but I never said I proudly wear it, and I use it openely because it is my clan tag
-Proof?

rapier17 said:
hrotha said:
Nor has Conte Williame de Varenne*, blood-cousin of Wyllelm of Normandy.
A-ha, most interesting. No Norman acknowledges him then.
-Balduin may not at first acknowledge me as his liege but that has been sorted out in private.
"Has been sorted out in private"? More shady machinations from you, Þeodloga. I suppose Balduin de Runeville can come here and openly acknowledge you as his liege then.
-I may use the name "Bastarz" but I never said I proudly wear it, and I use it openely because it is my clan tag
What's a "clan tag"? Anyway, you use it as the name of your company because you chose it, as you knew people would associate it with the real Willelm the Bastard. The real duke would never have done that. He would have people hanged for less!

Your defenses are weak, Þeodloga! Reveal yourself! Who ARE you? Are you a count, a baron, a mercenary captain?

hrotha said:
rapier17 said:
hrotha said:
"Has been sorted out in private"? More shady machinations from you, Þeodloga. I suppose Balduin de Runeville can come here and openly acknowledge you as his liege then.
What's a "clan tag"? Anyway, you use it as the name of your company because you chose it, as you knew people would associate it with the real Willelm the Bastard. The real duke would never have done that. He would have people hanged for less!

Your defenses are weak, Þeodloga! Reveal yourself! Who ARE you? Are you a count, a baron, a mercenary captain?

This thing is way better than any tv-serie atm. This has so much sub-plots and secrets that just pop in. :grin:

hrotha said:
rapier17 said:
hrotha said:

I am Robert's Bastard son, the rightful Duke of Normandy and King of England. Although I am not proud to admit it, I am truly a Bastard. The question is cousin, are you ready to prove it not by words,but by the sword!

You say you are, I explained why you can't be, you haven't refuted any of my points. Yes, we'll settle this by the sword, and I wager many a Norman house will be on our side that day, to put an end to your crimes.

Truly, tis plain that this Willelm who speaks here is a þéodloga. I thank my trusted thain Hróða son of Hygebeorht for ridding us of any doubt in the matter.

(First of all: Forgive me Brothers for my absence but RL is eating up my time)

Aye, I have to support the words of my Eorl, beside his words about the so called God as wittness.
I don't care for a God from the desert if I can hail the many Gods of my forefathers.
Never forget:
The God who made the iron grow,
didn´t want slaves,
So he gave Seax, Sword and Spear,
the man in his right hand!

I like Normans - dead. Norwomen I like on their knees between my legs.
Edit: Norchildren make great Thralls. No mercy for those who left their homeland in the believe Francia offers a taste of Rome.

Fundamentalist-Heathen-Hails,
W.

My lord Duke, I have no doubt that the Lord will lead us to victory just as he led the Hebrews so,
but perhaps it would be better to not make so many enemies so readily without so much as a thought?

However, no matter what, I shall follow you into battle nonetheless!
These people insult our homeland, name it weak; they would have others believe it bears fowls instead of men!
Well, we will show them.

You will all see our might as we take your lands, not burning them and sailing away with tails between our legs,
nor stealing your cattle and hiding in hill country, but ruling over you, and bring you under our grip.
Those who deny us, will bend the knee to us sooner or later. You will see.

- Serle

Back
Top Bottom