Search results for query: *

1. Why use anything but cavalry?

1. Go to Rhodok territory when player faction is at war with them.
    2. Attack a lord with similar army size, preferrably 60% sharpshooters. Does this sound OP? Too bad, since the PC probably has a full-knight army, meaning top-tier only.
    3. Turn damage to allies and player to max.
    4. Begin QQing.
  2. Making the perfect soundtrack for this game. What would you include?

Frontline by Pillar. Great song to listen to as you lead your infantry into battle.
  3. Mod suggestions?

Prophecy of Pendor is great. Entirely new world, with new factions, a "storyline", new troops trees and weapons, and it's for players who know the ins and outs of combat and gaining renown.
  4. Did you...

And I do believe that the above conversation be making me stomach heave in the most unpleasant manner.
  5. Faction Choice

Nords and Vaegirs are great, each with their own perks.

Nords are incredibly strong and generally have a great campaign. The only down-side is that they're infantry heavy, and if you dont like using only one class, then maybe this faction isn't for you.

Now Vaegirs, theses guys are the real versatile masters. Great archers, decent shock cavalry, and decent shock troopers. You can use a mix of their soldiers, and it is generally recommended to do so. They require a bit more micro-managing, but it's always fun playing with them :smile:.
  6. Poor ole Firentis...

Katrin just seems to fill the "mom" role in the party, and it's always interesting to see her swinging a greatsword in the battlefield, crushing through the enemy's infantry easily. Lezalit is also a great guy, though I find his lack of tact bothersome. Why would you tell your own soldiers that they'd die from their wounds...?
  7. It appears my wife has disappeared from my castle..

I had this happen to me before. I ran all around Calradia looking for her...

...only to find her bedding with Klargus!
  8. Which Faction Did You Destroy First?

Khergits. They were so annoying in field battles that I wound up hunting each and every lord down.
  9. Starting your own faction

I'd suggest waiting for someone to attack another, then take over the castle when the garrison is incredibly low.

If you're wondering why you can't siege the castles/towns, you must first have negative relationship with the faction that owns the castle. To lose relation, try to attack some peasants or attack a caravan.
  10. Knights -> Huscarl/SShooters -> ????

You could always try a Sword-Sister only army. Who cares if it's difficult to recruit them or the fact that they're so fragile. Imagine rolling with 60 women at once, alone in the vast, vast deserts  :wink:
  11. Wondering if the AI has a stick up its butt...

Players are definitely the most dangerous of all characters in the game. You're the guy that's beaten off a thousand soldiers with less than 1/5 of that. If the AI takes your city, they wipe out a dangerous lord and leave you useless for a period of time in which they could take out your entire faction due to the fact that you're no longer a threat.

Also, it's probably due to your garrison. A two-edged blade would be to go on a recruiting rampage and train them all to tier 2. This should keep the enemy away. If it doesn't, good luck fighting them with your weak soldiers.
  12. Which faction to choose?

Khergits: All units are horsemen starting from a very early branch. They have no infantry line, and their archers are mounted. The lancers aren't too spectacular, but they have decent armor and make good shock cavalry. They are great when commanded correctly (micro-managed in battles), but are overall very weak. I don't think you're looking for this faction.

Sarranids: Amazing cavalry that are on par with Swadian Knights, a decent archer line, sub-par infantry line. The archers may not be as strong as the Vaegir marksmen or as accurate as the Nord Veteran Archers, but they make up for it with a very fast fire rate. Their infantry is terrible though. If you're looking for a cavalry based faction with the addition of archers, you might as well take this one.

Rhodoks: Best crossbow units in the game, highly efficient for attacking and defending sieges. Lacks cavalry, with most of their units sub-par until they hit the final tier. Their units aren't the best in the field, but a competent player would command their troops rather than just spam "Charge" like the cavalry based factions. A solid nation, with good map placement and perfect for conquering all of Calradia.

Swadians: The best cavalry in the game, but a rather infantry and archer line makes the faction a one-trick pony (pun intended). There isn't much to do with this faction besides spam knights, which is terrible for sieges. The good news is that your little band of knights can generally take on any challenger in open field. The infamous King Harlaus resides here with terrible map location, which is a large annoyance to most players. I suggest this nation if you're a fan of all cavalry, all the time.

Nords: Best infantry in the game, decent archers. Has a weakness of being unable to field any cavalry, but the huscarls more than make up for the lack of them. Huscarls are equipped with throwing axes and solid shields, being able to soak up the advancing archer's arrows then throw their axes in the approaching cavalry's face. Great in sieges, as the huscarls can soak up many arrows and bolts with their shields while plowing through the line with their high damage. The road to huscarls is long though; many recruits will die before they ever reach it. Another solid nation, with the armies comprised of infantry and archers.

Vaegirs: Great archers, a decent cavalry line, but sub-par infantry. Their marksmen wield the powerful war-bow, trading fire rate for incredibly high damage. They can break shields incredibly fast, which is always a boon. They lack shields, however, and are vulnerable to enemy archers. I tend to use the archers the most Their cavalry, while not as spectacular as the Swadians or Sarranids, are more tank-like, and comprise a decent portion of the army. Their infantry isn't all that good, but they are mainly used as shock troops to absorb the impact of enemy cavalry and archers while the marksmen take their tole. A great faction with a good starting location.

I rather like the Vaegirs for the fact that they are the jack-of-all-trades, meaning more strategy and less spamming of cavalry. I feel as if the Vaegirs get the least attention in the game, due to their rather average troop lines. However, it's this very averageness that I feel at home with, as they are the only faction known for always giving a good performance.
  13. Steam?

I don't know about you guys, but I can use steam perfectly fine with no internet access @_@
  14. Steam?

Steam is a great place to pick up games for incredibly low prices, especially during the holiday season. They have insane sales, with Christmas sales ranging from 33%-95% off. They even released a few games for FREE on occassion. I was able to get Portal for no charge. They also have "free weekends" of certain games to pique interest, meaning 3-5 days of playing the full game for free. If one is interested in the game, they may  purchase and continue playing, or leave it and move on.

Steam's auto-updater can be disabled if one does not like it. Steam can run checks through your game files to correct any problems, which is a great boon for players fiddling around with the files.

Despite the belief of many people, steam does NOT require internet access to open. You can link steam with your account, meaning you will stay logged in every time you run steam, internet access or no. You can play whatever game you have in your game library as long as it doesn't require to connect to the internet.

For those of us too lazy to go out to retail stores and buy it, Steam is always available. All you really need is credit card information, but Steam will never redistribute your personal information to advertising companies. After you have finished your purchase, all you need to do is open your library and begin downloading straight away. You can pause and resume downloads/patches whenever you want, which is great if you want to focus on one particular patch finishing first. The only differences from buying a hard copy and a digital copy is the download speed and the requirement of the disk if you're using the hard copy.

Steam is good.
  15. Which mods do you use and why?

Prophesy of Pendor. Entirely new lands, a definitive storyline, and amazing troops. For experienced players, as the beginning is a little harsh and the enemies are pretty tough.
  16. Castle Battles

Also, you may try an unbalanced weapon such as a Morningstar or any weapon that can crush through blocks. Stand at the top the of the ladder, between the two ridges, and spam up attack. It should crush through the shields of the soldiers camped at the top. I've done this multiple times, telling my ranged units to hold position while camping the ladder myself.  Whenever I'm at low HP, I jump off the wall, tabbing out of the battle before I hit the ground.

Of course, one time I jumped and missed the tab, and I watched my character collapse onto the ground below...
  17. Castle Battles

Whereas in M&B you could charge a castle with a retinue of knights, Warband requires more strategy on the player's part.

I suggest bringing a health amount of top tier archers/crossbows, and tell them to hold position at a reasonable distance. Depleting the enemies' crossbowmen is a must, so bring a bow of your choice and 3 quivers of arrows, or a siege crossbow if you do not have the power draw for a bow.
  18. Just for fun: Who did you marry?

Lady Khalisa is my one and only wife through my seven save files.
  19. Best bow in Warband ?

Warbows for the fact that if I'm fighting Khergits, I can just shoot their weak horses rather than waiting for their shield to go down. Their horses are also bigger targest :grin:
  20. Recruiters defeated?

Waihti said:
    it's a known bug in osp item mod. are you using it?

Yes, because that was the only download I was able to find on the diplomacy frontpage :razz:

Edit: Also because your exe file isn't steam compatible.
Back
Top Bottom