Search results for query: *

• Users: Rend
  • Order by date
  1. Rend

Keeping 6v6 or returning to 8v8

I have always thought 7v7 would be interesting to try. I like the idea of having an odd number of players in each team, since it makes for nicely undynamic setups of classes. Chosing between 8v8 and 6v6 I probably prefer 6v6 though.
  2. Rend

What is the best key for View Outfit?

Fehnor said:
    Mapped to a mouse thumb button
    Same since it's easier to move around if your left hand fingers aren't occupied with holding down a key.

HKP said:
    wheres the point asking for keybinds in warband lol u literally need like 3 buttons beside wsad/edsf just play whatever u feel comfortable playing with in the end it's all about preference anyway
    Having the four weapon slots bound to their own keys is also quite useful, since you don't have to scroll through a weapon that you don't want to use, in order to get to the right one. For example you have your sword out and need to quickly bring out a spear to stop a cav and then you can go directly to the spear and not have to scroll through your javs first.
  3. Rend

How you picked your MP nickname

Gubbe means old man in Swedish & I spiced it up a bit by adding an o at the end.  :party:
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s165/stupid_ass_****/SteveO_RDiamond_10138536.jpg
  4. Rend

Community Project : Unsung Heroes

Lord Brutus said:
    I'd love to hear a dual interview with Rhade and Deaf, Blind Dave.  BkS vs. GK.
    I want to see MMA duel, Rhade vs DeafBlindDave in Dave's dojo  :fruity:
  5. Rend

Another Love Based Poll: Week 2 Now Up

OurGloriousLeader said:
    I voted infantry. All rangers and cav do is save infantry's asses whilst they W forward thinking they're finally going to engage in glorious 1v1 and get a kill. A truly selfless infantry will stfu, stop cav, and save their rangers (the true heroes).
    :lol:
    You must have been playing with the BRO inf in my absence?

Being an archer, this was an easy choice to make though.

I will tunnel vision in long range archer duels and get couched in the back, then blame my team for not scouting. I will take two stacks of arrows and expect a cav to carry my shield to my favourite sniper spot. I will depend on your protection for most of the fight and then tk you by shooting into melee, trying to steal that important last kill when we are 4vs1.

Archers are truely the selfish Prima Donnas of Warband!
  6. Rend

Tutorial: How to do M's Infamous Feint! :)

momcilo94 said:
    At least he went through the effort to make the video and show the people how it is done.

Thanks for the video, I appreciate it, and so do many others!
    +1
  7. Rend

HELP on hosting a Dedicated server!

Sauron said:
    Alene said:
    Sounds about right to me. You could also forward TCP traffic, just to be on a safe side.
    still unfindable on internet  :sad:
    Wait, does this mean that you don't find the server when you search for it, or that you still can't reach the port that you are trying to open?
    Do you see the server when you search Local area network from the warband client?

Have you entered the correct internal IP address?
    To check internal IP, open the windows command promt and enter ipconfig. The internal IP address is the one marked with "IPv4 address". Check so you have entered the correct last digits in this address when you opened the ports. It should be 192.168.0.?? something.
  8. Rend

HELP on hosting a Dedicated server!

Where have you put the Warband dedicated server folder?
    I had a problem once where I had it in the programs folder on the same hard drive that I had Windows installed. For some reason Windows blocked the server, even though I had run as administrator selected, had made sure no firewall was blocking it etc.
    The solution for me was to move the dedicated server folder to the desktop and then it worked without any problems.
  9. Rend

Nations Cup 2016 SWE eller SCA?

Vi får ha ett möte/ träning snart tycker jag!
    Hur många behöver vi för att kunna anmäla ett svenskt lag? Jag skulle tycka det vore bra om truppen låg på minst 12-13 pers med tanke på att folk kommer få förhinder etc ibland.
    Om vi bara är 9-10 pers som är sugna, varav några är osäkra, så kanske vi blir tvungna att köra med norrmännen och danskarna ändå. Inte för att jag har något emot att köra med dem + att det vore tråkigt om de inte får ihop nåt lag. Men om vi blir tillräckligt många svenskar så tycker jag vi ska köra på ett svenskt lag!

Oli, du var pepp på att vara kapten i år igen väl? Vet att du pratade om att dela på kaptensbindeln med Shema förut, men han verkar ju inte vara så sugen på NC just nu.
  10. Rend

tipex said:
    Shema, bjuder på pizza om du lirar  :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

Bra där, då sätter jag upp Shema som spelklar!  :razz:
  11. Rend

Native Module Switcher Tool

C'mon Shingen that's not cool. Luckily I've seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens already, otherwise I'd be pissed.
  12. Rend

Native Module Switcher Tool

You're the man Hippotitties! I swap alot between different client mods and this makes the process so much simpler.  :party:
  13. Rend

[NC2016] Nations Cup 2016 - Announcement and Sign Ups

I made a post in the Scandinavian subforum (link), to check who are interested in playing for a Swedish/Scandinavian team in NC 2016. Before we know who would actually be up for it, it's all speculation whether we could get an all Swedish team going.
    I encourage all Scandinavians to go and write in that thread if they are interested.

Note: I'm not trying to captain the team or anything, I just made this as a survey to see who is interested, since I haven't seen any other posts about it.
  14. Rend

Med anledning av surret i den här tråden (länk), så tänkte jag höra hur utsikterna för att forma ett Svenskt/Skandinaviskt lag i det kommande världsmästerskapet ser ut. Vilka svenska spelare har vi, som har varit aktiva på sistone och kan tänka sig att ställa upp? Blå = Ej hört ifrån       ...
  15. Rend

Server Side Balance Modifications for Next Tournament (NC?)

Cool. I will miss abusing it, but I'm reluctantly having to get used to it now that it doesn't work on IG anymore. :cry:
  16. Rend

Shemaforash said:
    You'd think TaleWorlds will swiftly patch this now that it's been publicly revealed  :iamamoron:

TaleWorlds did patch the money glitch about a year ago when Viking Conquest was released, after I had notified them about it. However I was told that they couldn't fix the source code to the operation that causes the bug, because it would cause more bugs, so they had to rely on a module system based fix that I had made for Warbanner mod. But WNL mod is based on an earlier version of the module system, so that's why this glitch is still present in it.

I did send the code to the fix to Azan around this time, so that he could implement it in WNL mod, but I can confirm that it still isn't. If the problem is that it's hard to implement all the right snippets of code in the right places, I'd be more than willing to help! I recently guided Oliveran through the process, so that he could fix it fot IG Battlegrounds. We also fixed the glitch which causes the flags to sometimes stop before reaching the top in battle mode and that is a bug that I would like to have fixed in WNL mod aswell.
  17. Rend

One way to test this could be to crank the values up way higher than you would for balance purposes and see if it causes bugs. If it does it would be resonable to assume that more subtle bugs will be caused from changing the stats a lesser amount.
    In that case I would argue against touching stats that can cause glitches for a competitive mod. I have noticed weird stuff like this when trying for example 28 Days mod. While this might not be as much of an issue in a casual full invasion mod, I think those kind of glitches would be more frustrating in a competitive setting.

I like the initiative to try and balance the factions better, but I would call for caution to make sure we don't create bigger issues than the ones we are trying to fix.
  18. Rend

Yes, I agree about the hp bars. They are designed in a way that you can't see the ends of them anyway in the client, so they do already give a bit of a skewed perception of how much health you have. Adding some ironflesh is the tweak I think would be least likely to cause any major glitches.
    When it comes to powerstrike, it depends if that stat affects how fast you swing. Weapon skill does affect swing speed right? And power strike only adds some umph to it? If that's the case then power strike should be fine to tweak. I haven't seen the actual source code for this though so I'm not sure, but this should be quite easy to test.

As far as testing goes, my concern is that tweaking a stat a point or two might not cause any obvious bugs that you notice right away, but could increase the frequency of weird stuff like instant swings, small animation stutters, ghost range, horse lag etc. It would take some careful testing to make sure this isn't the case as even a small increase in these kind of glitches would have a negative impact on the gameplay experience in the long run.
  19. Rend

Doesn't shield skill affect how fast you can raise the shield to block? Somebody mentioned this earlier in the thread and in that case I think tweaking this stat server side could cause small glitches where the client tells you the shield is in one place and the server thinks it's in another place, which would result in some animation hiccups when the client tries to catch up.
    This is the main reasoning of how I think glitches could be caused from changing stats server side and would apply to stats like throwing skill as you mentioned, but also any other stat that affects how fast you are moving or swinging, projectile trajectory etc.
  20. Rend

Captain Lust said:
    ...I'm not sure what kind of issues changing stats server side would cause.
    This needs to be taken into consideration and tested thoroughly before implementing serverside changes to stats. My instincts, based on fiddling with the module system quite a bit, tells me this could cause cases of weird animations, weird bends to arrow paths, small hickups similar to horse lag etc.
Back
Top Bottom