Search results for query: *

1. Will you ever add "Create-a-Kingdom" again?

@ Nox
    While you are adding Create - a - Kingdom, please don't forgot to scale our companion turning lord troop. After sometime, even the weakest of original lord with 100-150 fame can bring more troop than our noble companion.
  2. Will we ever run out of Oil ?

We still have lot and lots of non conventional oil deposit, enough for 120 more years. But extracting non conventional oil is more expensive, chance are when we starting to use non conventional oil, the price of renewable energy become more competitive compare to non conventional oil.
  3. Bad Reviews for WFAS

Schmon said:
    Haters are gonna hate
    I saw the bogus threads on day #1 from people saying the game sucked - even though they hadn't registered the game (probably pirated if that but I doubt this game was available on torrent when those posts were made) and likely haven't played it nor have yet to register the game.

Most of the trolls I think could be linked to the With Fire and Sword Mod for Warband - apparently - they feel hurt that someone else 'stole' Henryk Sienkiewicz's idea (Sienkiewicz; by that measure, has probably rolled in the grave at least a hundred times if people's sense of originality is any measure).

I've played the with Fire and Sword Mod at a friend's house and it isn't as good as they claimed it to be...  there's no single player and no mod in the world (short of a realism gameplay modification) can change the clumsy-anarchial multiplayer mechanics... and I don't care if there are usable artillery pieces or not!

Then there are other trolls who are butt hurt that Warband II "isn't being made" and somehow that "Fire and Sword" took pirority over its' development.  :???:

Taleworlds can remove much of complain by adding back female char, marriage and players kingdom. FS adding some feature but in the same time remove some important feature from warband, so it feel more like a trade off. Not all people like it.
  4. Bad Reviews for WFAS

I already buy FS  although i don't like FS too much, hopefully FS can work as example for talewords, they can make an agreement with modder (example Brytenwalda), sale it on steam/GG/taleworld website for $5 or something. Everyone happy, modder happy feel appreciated, taleworld happy got money, customer happy got good mod + official support. As long as it's not above $10, i will continue buy good mod. But please never ever leave Taleworlds sandbox reputation and continuous support, and keep use warband as base (kingdom + marriage) not mount and blade
  5. Bad Reviews for WFAS

Not the problem of learning curve
    quote from the article
    The developer has left them out for reasons of historical accuracy (which is fine) and failed to replace them with interesting substitutes (not fine).

Once the novelty of gunpowder has worn off, series veterans may find themselves wandering back to familiar pastures - or wondering whether one of the tastier Caravanserai offerings (some of which also supply musket action) wouldn't have provided as much pleasure.

verdict :  add gunpowder& wagon fort, remove several interesting feature from warband.
  6. Geting Vassels as a rebal faction?

RavenHawk88 said:
    You can. You just need very high persuasion skills.

I won my rebellion and fought fewer than 10 battles in the process, eventually getting every lord, save for the tsar and one who was captured by another faction, to pledge allegiance to me.
    Is it true? Anyone can confirm it?  :shock:
  7. Caravan = Ungodly Wealth = Boring

For comparison, there are more way to raise money in warband, while the cost of item is more reasonable.
    1 Build a shop in town, net you 500 per week
    2 Selling prisoner
    3 Ransoming lord
    4 Looting village
    5 Tournament.
    6 Collect taxes quest
    7 Trade
    8 Defeating bandit
    9 Defeating bandit quest
    10 Slave hunting

Standard price of item in warband is around 2-10k. You are not forced to do one thing alone to raise money to buy decent equipment. Don't like build shop? Don't build it, you still can looting etc and still able to buy equipment. IN FS the price of equipment inflated while there are no other way to raise decent money beside caravan.
  8. Request for next patch

Let me own a kingdom. through marriage or conquest or whatever i don't care, that's the thing i miss the most from warband. What is the point of playing to become a great servant?
  9. Who's going back to Warband?

Thrandiul said:
    I can't even get past the early stages of the game.  I actually had to set the difficulty down to 1/2 because apparently tactics don't work as great in FaS as they did in other MaB games.  You can get randomly shot across the map by a BRIGAND carrying a gun and have no chance, even when you tone the difficulty down.  You're really expected to accomplish anything that early with only a pistol?

The starting cash you get is barely enough to purchase 4 troops and still be able to afford a weekly budget.  These troops are quickly wasted by gun tooting brigands.  Biggest army I've gotten so far is 20, and too bad for me, I ran into some deserters and got wiped out.  I took my 14 remaining guys and attacked a part of 8 brigands and lost, because they all had guns and had amazing AI marksmanship abilities.  Before, being outnumbered by 10-20 made fights still possible.  Here, you have to overwhelm them by a large majority.   

Once you lose the troops, getting money to hire more troops is a lot harder than previous games.  No tournaments, brigands that you can't hope to touch, etc. make it more difficult.  Most quests either send you to kill brigands, or send you on some sort of "go to this place/find this guy" mission, which gets tedious rather quickly considering quests are the only way to earn money early.  (I'm sorry if this seems like nitpicking, but did quest dialogue and objectives have to be almost exactly the same as well?) 
    FS have alot thing need to be fixed, but not this. If you play warband at normal diff, you will have the same problem. Same answer for that kind of problem, get some money first, asked for collecting taxes quest and do some trade minus tournament.
  10. Who's going back to Warband?

luedine said:
    Well I myself always enjoyed making my own nation the most so the lack of that feature, along with marriage, is a big setback for me in F&S, but at the same time I truly enjoy the new recruiting method and the game definitly has potentional altho it most certainly has some flaws it need to work out.

Everything else is okay except this and the bright trade window. No big problem, playable not to bad but need some patch.
    It also open new chance for taleworld to get some money in the future, joint venture with mod developer, create a good mod, sell for 5$  :grin:
  11. Useful tips to players

Is it no chance at all to own a kingdom? When i rebel, i just become rebel? can't give fief to my companion?
  12. female character - how to start a kingdom?

@Trimaran
    Still we can see the result of the last war of pure agression without any pretext at Korea, iraq - kuwait. i say UN do a good job.

btw
    Don't be too cynical, have a little faith in your country goodwill, at least they are trying.
    I'm living at 3'rd world country, so i love how US and Europe care about human right and intervene with other country.
    The past dictator in my country care a lot about West opinion, without US and Europe constant intervention, life will be different for me.
    Now my country have a real democracy, although majority (80%++) of my people is muslim, no radical muslim party get more than 5 - 10% of vote.

13. female character - how to start a kingdom?

imo for un defense, their track record kind of good , after un established, no more big war ala ww in this earth.

14. Compnaions to Lords: Do they need Leadership?

Handel said:
    It definitely seems the overall number of max troops the lords get depends on the overall strength of the kingdom too.
    I my lats game I joined Nords quite yearly only to see how the Vaegirs took 3 towns from them with army of 2000+; shortly after this the Nord marshal gathered more then 1500+ strong army only to cross the map and conquer a castle from Saranids.
    At the day 300 the Vaegirs took the third (and last) Nords town leaving them with two measly castles.
    And about the day 360 the Nord marshal could gather less then 500 troops army including just 8 from me (the previous marshals wanted 12 and I meanwhile lost my village).

It's all depend on your level, the higher your level, the bigger lord max troop.
    Early on you wen you join them, your level is low, so the lord have low max troop.
    Later on after you gain more level, they gain more max troop too.
  15. Which faction to choose?

Less boring? Khergit!!
    Good luck defending your new castle/town with their troop  :grin:
  16. Companion build questions

almost same with StinkyMcGirk
    My companion get all str, 12 agi (for horse). Except for Jeremus and Deshavi, all int 9 str

Equipment
    1. Masterwork Military cleaver, highest damage 40!
    2. Thick Huscarl Shield, reinforce is overkill, my companion never broke their thick shield.
    3. Masterwork Siege Crossbow for siege of course
    4. Steel Bolt
    5. Charger, heavy charger overkill better to use the money for armor/weapon, cheaper to buy lame charger and wait them to healed, only cost 1k for each horse

Give thrusting capable weapon  to your companion is bad idea, it's useless in siege or crowded mele .
    Also the longer the weapon, the harder for your companion Ai to use it effectively, every weapon has their 'sweet spot' damage.
    Using companion as mounted archer is a waste of their str, your companion fight better as standar cavalry or footsoldier.
  17. Boring..?

heckani said:
    Thx I will try that mod pack- it looks cool!  :smile: :smile:

And I have tried the multiplayer, and I enjoy it alot, but even that becomes boring after some hundreds hours of gameplay...

Nothing last forever anymore!  :eek:
  18. War Bow x Strong Long Bow x Strong Khergit Bow

Your best choice, stick with War Bow.  +14% damage from 1 extra PD
  19. Book question

Sikker said:
    Uhm, one reply contradicts the other, could anyone confirm which one is true?
    Thanks

Which one will you believe an elf albeit bit dark? or someone who is critically ashamed because of something that he/she did?  :lol:
  20. All hail the morningstar! or not?

Tumetsu said:
    It is possible, it looks ridiculous especially when my godlike warrior character swings it super fast, but it's possible.
    I still think sabre looks better :wink:

Agree!
    Later on the game when i can 1 hit kill anyone, balanced/masterwork two handed sabre is always my weapon of choice based on awesome factor  :grin:

while still saving my Heavy Great Long Axe in inventory for a fight against knight/mameluke
Back
Top Bottom