Search results for query: *

1. Thandruin

1.80 Beta issues and suggestions

- Clan parties told to disband do not immediately do so, and may continue onwards for some time.
    It really blows the way it's done now - so much unnecessary downtime. The program says the party will marge with the nearest clan party or travel to the nearest faction settlement and join its garrison, but that is absolutely not what happens. Like OP says, they travel all over, recruiting junk troops and often end up in a distant town, taking days to recall - and that is if they don't get overrun by bandit or enemy parties first.
    If you disband a party that is near you or in your army, there should be a dialogue option to immediately assimilate the companion and the troops into your party - or at least actually do what is stated and auto-join nearest clan party/garrison.
  2. Thandruin

Poinsbruck - chest/wall glitch

No worries - this post was more intended to share the amusement of an unintended occurrence. As you say, no harm done onto the game state.
  3. Thandruin

Poinsbruck - chest/wall glitch

In the Poinsbruck castle great hall, the is a chest along the anteroom left side. Jump on top of it and push against the wall; your character will start to jitter violently up and down. If you manage to slide down in between, and land your feet onto the floor, a second jump will push you up to...
  4. Thandruin

BUG Reports v 1.38 (Read first page before post)

Adorno said:
    @Thandruin:

Brytenwalda is single player only. Don't even try using multiplayer!

...or else? :razz: No, I get you man - just stating that some code fragments concerning the MP mode must have come with in the Brytenwalda module, intentionally or not.
    Off course it's no big deal - I'm sure you guys have a lot more critical bugs to deal with.
    Anyway, thanks a million for your work on this  :grin:

BTW, what's the status on the naval-encounter-without-ships glitch?
  5. Thandruin

Adorno said:
    Thandruin said:
    In 'The Arena', part of the grandstand is missing and spikes and people are protruding out of thin air
    Do you have a screenshot or name of town - or can you describe how it looks?

It's the multiplayer that got bugged - I tried using Saxonwalda as team faction and got the option to select "prisoner" as a class. The other factions don't provide any classes when selecting them for a MP session.
    Here's a screenshot of a deathmatch session in 'The Arena'

6. Thandruin

*using Warband v. 1.143 and Brytenwalda v. 1.38

I'll bump the report of these bugs yet to be resolved as of the current version, although they have been posted before:

- during naval battles, everyone spawns directly in the ocean and drowns

- NPC's that are knocked to the ground (not slain) spins around on the ground until
    eliminated (From my own experienced, they can be killed in the usual way though)

Some new glitches/bugs of my own (not yet reported in this thread):

- during battle, selecting unit classes for giving tactical orders closes the mini map - annoyingly impeding, and it didn't do that in vanilla Warband. After being ordered to follow my character, orders to stand at a specified location are usually ignored the first 1-2 times (I often find my support not-in-any-way-euipped-for-close-combat following right behind me when turning around from the initial scouting)

- multiplayer is all messed up, I can't join team/faction, only select spectator, and all the bots are running around in their underpants w/o equipment. Also, navigating around with spectator in 'Forest Hideout' causes game to crash
    In 'The Arena', part of the grandstand is missing and spikes and people are protruding out of thin air
    - During training duels with NPC's (hand-to-hand combat on foot), animation halts for a moment when the critical blow is dealt - is this intentional?
  7. Thandruin

What Would You Do In This Situation?

killer110 said:
    superspy228 said:
    reroll a woman rape him and his brother then roll a man and rape his wife and throw him into a lake with rocks tied to him  :twisted: :twisted:

EDIT strip him naked, take a picture of him then post it on youtube THEN drop him in water with rocks tied to him.
    First of all, commas you know, these things ,,,,,,,,. Second of all, wtf you crazy, psycho bastard!

I say amen to that. One would advise these folks a trip outside the basement,
    but on second thought - for the sake of public safety - better leave it there...

8. Thandruin

-- Unofficial Tournament of Archeri. Join now! Winner(4now) Lhafein...

My contribution to this hall of egotism:

Shot taken while fighting a battle against light cavalry desert bandits - getting a lucky longshot on one of them running some 100 paces away in my opposite direction.
  9. Thandruin

Why are my foes more easily befriended than my vassals?

Come to think of it, an increase in the use of sound diplomacy wouldn't exactly be the worst thing that could happen to our society :wink:
  10. Thandruin

Good fellows - I have returned with great news: Diplomacy mod works like a charm  :grin: - time to set a couple things straight in my kingdom!
    As for the support benefit - I still get a 1-2 boost in relations with vassals's whose choice of support was rewarded the fief.

(For myself, I'm running v.1.132 with Diplomacy V3.2.1 and a little bit of TweakMB)
  11. Thandruin

Caba`drin said:
    A just concern...and a major oddity of the game.

While the OP stated he wasn't looking for cheats/tweaks...but how about a much-needed mod? I preach the Diplomacy Mod to the masses frequently, I know, but one way that Diplomacy makes things a bit more sensible is by adding the ability for the King to set "domestic policy", such as giving more or less autonomy to your vassals; this translates to monthly relation bumps or hits depending on the various policies you set. Additionally, after conquests, you can reward your vassals with the spoils of war. You can send caravans of gifts to appease them when they need it. None of this, however, addresses the fief-giving situation.

A tempting suggestion indeed. I've heard of this mod before - does it imply any known issues for my save games, meaning: can I use the existing ones and continue with my current games status and enjoy said advanced diplomatic features?

Speaking of diplomacy, I've created a simple spreadsheet where I can keep track of my vassals relations and preferences for rewarding fiefs - if anyone's interested  :wink:

As you can see (hopefully), I would benefit from rewarding either Lord Bilya or Lord Klargus with the current fief (Jameyyed Castle) - I'll probably be choosing Lord Klargus, thus saving my relationship with him, and give minor boosts to my relations with Clais, Knudarr, Montewar, Plais and Ryis.

12. Thandruin

After running a quite successfull kingdom for a few months, more and more lords are coming to my hall to join my faction - what remains a mystery is how pissed they get over not immediately receiving fiefs - and so little that can be done to appease them, save for hosting never-ending feasts -...
  13. Thandruin

feast glitch

Bumping this thread, as I as well have issues with this glitch/bug/whatever  :sad:

Edit: never mind - upgraded to version 1.132 and it seemed to have been fixed  :smile:
  14. Thandruin

Unable to wait inside city after siege battle

Much obliged for your helpfullness. Reloading the game didn't do much - however I got around the problem by engaging with the enemy and retreat before the 'clash' (without taking losses in manpower or morale :grin:), after which I was able to make it safely inside the keep. Still, it is a silly problem - reckon I post it on the bugs reporting site.

15. Thandruin

Unable to wait inside city after siege battle

I've just recently fought back the first onslaught of a 1100 man Rhodok sieging army on Almerra Castle - so far so well. Trouble is, the game does not let me "enter" the castle again to wait and rest my troops (even tough I'm right in the middle of it) - when i click on the castle, nothing...
  16. Thandruin

Castle Seiges

Schemer said:
    I just want an extra ladder for only lords to go up, and then I'd be happy. A VIP ladder, of sorts. Some soldier always has to knock me off the ladder, and then by the time I get into the castle the battle is over anyway.

:grin:  I like that - a lot. VIP ladders with velvet-cushioned handrails & gilded rungs. And a 200 kg armour plated gorilla-man to tell the serfs to bugger off.
  17. Thandruin

King Harlaus isn't fat...

Speaking of which, we definitely need some jews in this game. Seeing as the economy in Calradia (as in the so-callled 'real World') is going down the crapper, it wouldn't hurt to have at hand a couple of proper guildsmen who're actually doing something fiscally useful, instead of just complaning about "them awful, awful wars" all the time.  :roll:
  18. Thandruin

Mrr.Phil said:
    Dosent anyone else in the states think that king haralus organizes your thanksgiving dinner? "Lets have a joust in the backyard" "More wine"BURP

Good luck getting his bloated corpus over the pond
  19. Thandruin

Night Ninja said:
    I don't think that a bunch of pearl necklaces really qualifies her for anything. :wink:

...but a trip to the pawnbroker - and then the ransom broker  :razz:
  20. Thandruin

If you could kill a noble...

The Dominator said:
    King Graveth can take a hike straight to the gallows!!

King Yaroglek can go drown himself!!

Sultan Hakim can just fusk off and get squashed by ameteorite or somthing!!

King Ragnar can just be beheaded for i like beheadng!!

Sanjar Khan can just go stand infront of a horde of rampaging Cows and ge squashed flat!!

King Harlaus can die an Honreble death in battle!!

Hmmm woops i guess that leaves ME as the sole survving King!!  :mrgreen:

Then you're also the only king left to be annihilated :razz:
    Furthermore, I wouldn't really want to kill off the nobles who piss me off - then they wouldn't suffer properly for their wrongdoings. However, I would very much like
    to 'keelhaul' Boyar Ghulassen up and down the walls of Reindi Castle for hiding his larded behind in the keep with 200+ soldiers, while the entire Kingdom of Rhodok came crushing down on my army and wiped poor Meriga's company off the map.
Back
Top Bottom