Search results for query: *

1. weapon edit

Of course, you could always go the easy route and check the sticky thread.

Then again, that might be too easy.
  2. Warhammer Mod

Worbah said:
    The sword of that Chaos dude looks good, could you make it? You know the special character.

I'm not so sure what you mean, do you have a link to a picture perchance?

One other comment/question:
    I'm working on an Orc model right now that I hope to be able to put into the game at some point. armagan has commented in previous posts about the viability of adding new animations (nil I believe). Does that mean that any character models we want in the game are stuck using the current animations? That's going to look awfully wonky for the demi-humanoids.

Any thoughts?
  3. 3D - Models Format

No program exists. A converter will be released. This is the user driven effort to decrypt the .rsf format. Please search for answers before asking a often asked question. Thank you.
  4. Program that can open M&B model meshes

I believe taht would be a negative. As stated before, armagan will release a converter tool sometime in the future. Until then this thread contains the sum total of all knowledge we have on this topic, AFAIK.

Edit: Damn you. I was so close to being first.
  5. Mod Idea: A song of ice and fire (ASOIAF)

Couldn't hurt to e-mail the author and ask. Then you might know for sure.
  6. Warhammer Mod

My texturing skillz are a tad rusty but I want to show this off and hopefully garner some feedback.
    axe.jpg

Also, any requests for models from the WFRP world?
  7. Warhammer Mod

blood.jpg

Blood? Blood for the blood god? Anyone?

It's only halfway textured but I wanted to post to this thread before it got relegated to second page status and forgotten about for all time. People are working on this, albiet quite slowly...
  8. I need some advice from someone who knows how to make mods

Sina said:
    Now can someone tell me which should I prefer between this blender, 3d max, maia if I want to do modelling and animation for games and mods?
    And why?
    Well for me it's helps that Blender is legaly free, but I understand that many have no problem sailing the hazy grey seas of software piracy. Having said that I think it's more of a feel issue. Most games these days are using relatively low poly counts which any of the above mentioned packages can handle. I like the renderer in LW the most but that has no bearing on game development since everything will be rendered by the game engine anyway. So what it comes down to is what you're most comfortable with. I would say that 3DSMax would be the most imposing to learn of all of them but if you do put in the time investment it can pay off.
    Whatever your tastes are, you know?
  9. I need some advice from someone who knows how to make mods

Nairagorn said:
    Know any good starter tutorials?

Start here. There's loads of info on the blender site. Just stick with it.
  10. SP Antiquity Lost Legionnaire (a Total Conversion for Mount and Blade)

Poly counts are more important than age in game modeling I'm afraid.

I still maintain that the handle can lose a ton of detail as it will intersect with the character model anyway...

Edit: Fine looking texture though...
  11. I need some advice from someone who knows how to make mods

I can imagine, though I never saw it back then. Any peice of FREE software this robust must have experienced quite an evolution indeed.

Did I mention it was FREE?

Disclaimer: I am in not involved in developing the Blender project in any way, shape or form. I'm simply a fan boy.
  12. I need some advice from someone who knows how to make mods

I would take this opportunity to mention how awesome Blender is for modeling. Having had some experience with 3DSMax and LW, I have to say that Blender is amazingly robust and professional for a peice of FREE software. Check it out.
  13. First experience

M&B: NASCAR anyone?
  14. The .rsf meshes

I'd like to say I officially support this effort. A lot. Finally I might actually be able to contribute!

Edit: Will character meshes be editable?
  15. .dds converter and a good program for texturing beginners

Hmm... You might want to check to see if you can open .dds files from the file menu in Photoshop. The only new files it added for me are a couple of scripts in the PhotoshopPresetsScripts folder and it works just dandy for me.
  16. .dds converter and a good program for texturing beginners

NCrawler said:
    Unfortunately, I could not get the plugin to work with Photoshop CS2 9.0,
    Strange, I got it working with CS and 6.0. It would just not install or what?
  17. Shininess Fixing Tutorial

Doing this in Photoshop is very easy. Go get this plugin.
    Then you can load the .dds files directly into Photoshop, complete with alpha channels. You shouldn't need to modify the alpha this way, but if you do then you can do it quite easily just by selecting it from the channels tab. Please let me know if you need more help with this.
    That plugin apparently will work with Jasc PSP, though I haven't tried it.
  18. Warhammer Mod

Hopefully we'll have a robust AI scripting system. Or alternatively, we could somehow turn off friendly fire or something. Though that seems kind of cheap.
  19. Warhammer Mod

Just what we need, Borcha with a Storm Bolter. You think an arrow to the back of the head is painful?
  20. SP Antiquity Lost Legionnaire (a Total Conversion for Mount and Blade)

Well just my two cents but it seems to mee you could lose a few polys on the handle since that's going to intersect with the character model anyway.
Back
Top Bottom