Search results for query: *

1. Integrity Check Failure when installing the 'Blood and Steel' Modification.

Lvcommando, I've zipped the current executable file, resulting in a 2MB reduction at 170MB.  What connection speed to you have?  In case of it being very slow, I also split the zipped file into 20MB parts for a total of nine parts.  Also, I'd be willing to zip the original module folder itself.

Provided that xenoargh has no objections (meaning he voices agreement in this thread), I will happily post whichever version (solid/split - installer/actual folder) you want to my repository account, temporarily for a few days.  Only because everyone should get a stab at this wonderful creation.  :smile:
  2. Looking for experienced coder.

Don't be afraid to either post troublesome code snippets yourself or have your coders do it.  As the purpose of this board is "development", you'll find that someone will usually offer help, provided that they have the knowledge, the time and the interest to do so.  Best I can tell, you'll need to bring something to the table besides theories, in order to peak a skilled coder's interests enough to earn a reply.  There are exceptions where theories are concerned, but you shouldn't count too much on that until you've shown that you are at least trying to assemble working code. 

Until then, read the module system documentation sticky.  Next, take time to read header_operations.py as well as every other header file.  Make yourself do this!  Then scan the different modules for examples and see if you can understand what is being done.  You could also look at the code others post on this board.  After which you should have gained a wider range of plausibility knowledge and be able to put together a barebones set of instructions for that one small thing that you want to do.  Then add to that the next small thing until you have a big thing, rightly called a "feature".

Best wishes and above all, have phun.  :smile:
  3. Spouse Talk Dialog

FrisianDude said:
    HMm. :???: What exactly do you want to know? Might help if you cleared that up.
    Okay, so the most pressing question at this point involves the following tuple:

[anyone,"spouse_mate",
      [     
          (call_script, "script_troop_get_player_relation","$g_talk_troop"),
          (lt,"$g_talk_troop_relation",0),     
      ],      "Do ye not have enemies to kill or something?","close_window",
          [       
            (store_current_hours,":fut_hours"),
            (val_add, ":fut_hours", 12),
            (assign, "$g_spouse_mate", ":fut_hours"),       
          ]
      ],

Here, I'd like to make use of agent_start_running_away and agent_fade_out.
  4. Extremist Militias in the US

I caught some of your exchanges, I was cheering for you rejenorst.  That dude is superior where it concerns using fallacies to his advantage.
  5. Spouse Talk Dialog

Looks like I need that luck afterall FrisianDude.  How'd you know? :???:
  6. Extremist Militias in the US

Archonsod said:
    Ashmond said:
    As I stated before, the next step would be to remove cutlery. 
    Would you like more straw for that man?

Straw man? 
    *looks over data
    Yikes!  Hate when that happens.  But I must inject "you too!".  :mrgreen:
  7. Rate the song above you!

Yuck. 1/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dm7AYZ-tg
  8. Extremist Militias in the US

As I stated before, the next step would be to remove cutlery.  Then I guess we can all put on diapers and walk around in sufficiently high shockproof bubbles.

=
    Also, I'd like to add that black markets work just like any other market.  Volume and demand are required for it to be successful and a consideration of the costs/risks.  Therefore, a country that banishes the right to carry firearms, especially the larger states, will do nothing but increase the market's volume and demand simutaineously.  The pricing isn't going to suddenly make guns only accessible to the more orgianized criminals for ****'s sake.  It's the orgianzied criminals that already have massive supplies and will turn that over to the streets to get that high profit margin! 

The only way that the "pricing the little guy out" scenario would work is if all countries banned the manufacturing of arms by private organizations. In turn, if they made the manufacturing the sole responsibility of thier military along with high level security and kept access points heavily guarded.  Even then, somebody somewhere would smuggle the arms out of greed or some other self righteous reason.  At that point, I could probably agree that guns would then be effectivley kept off of the streets. 

Furthermore, I have to say that I'd be a bit more worried were access to guns limited to the highly organized and connected criminal rings.  They'd be taking over cities and towns for sure then, rather than sticking to third-world slums as it is now.  We'd be left to carrying knives and bats to a gunfight and relying on our respective governments to take our wellbeing into account and fight them off for us.  And a joke that would be.
  9. Extremist Militias in the US

Finzi said:
    Ashmond said:
    Oyipggy said:
    No. I didn't suggest anything. I was simply pointing out a flaw in what MrMeat wrote.

However, it does logically follow that nobody having guns would, in fact, lead to nobody being shot.

So, you weren't suggesting anything and if I understand correctly from newer posts, you aren't even claiming a position.  So I'm gonna have a go at your second statement.

You can't follow from this point because you've taken a huge leap from the points where this idea stems.  Nobody having guns is out of the question and in fact, is out of hand in this situation.  There will always be firearms (civil rights to bear them being irrelevant), there will always be criminal elements in any government at every level.  Firearms are currently leaked to the underworld on a regular basis for high profits, imagine the ramifications of them being illegal.  The only difference is that any potential street buyer would have to beg, borrow or steal more in order to get one while gun traffickers gain even more wealth and power.  Average Joe probably won't bother, but the person already taking risks to achieve a criminal goal isn't going to think twice about taking more risks in obtaining and carrying the firearm.

Sadly, if a perfect world where to exist and there were no firearms and nobody is getting shot, I guess there would then be the hyper debates about cutlery, and how it should all be smelted into perfectly round ornaments in order to reduce the stabbing/cutting statistics.

Actually, the street buyer wouldn't beg and commit more crime in order to gain fireams. Instead they would probably just resort to cheaper and less lethal weapons such as knives, blunt instruments, fists etc.

In my country Australia, where guns are heavily restricted there's a pretty low rate of crime, especially gun-related. In fact, most assaults or muggings happen with less lethal weapons as noted above. The only criminals who really have access to guns are very organised, professional organised criminals, who generally have a smaller impact on the average person.

That sounds very reasonable, but I wander if availability would make a difference, as in more resources from a much higher volume of smuggled goods?
  10. Extremist Militias in the US

Oyipggy said:
    No. I didn't suggest anything. I was simply pointing out a flaw in what MrMeat wrote.

However, it does logically follow that nobody having guns would, in fact, lead to nobody being shot.

So, you weren't suggesting anything and if I understand correctly from newer posts, you aren't even claiming a position.  So I'm gonna have a go at your second statement.

You can't follow from this point because you've taken a huge leap from the points where this idea stems.  Nobody having guns is out of the question and in fact, is out of hand in this situation.  There will always be firearms (civil rights to bear them being irrelevant), there will always be criminal elements in any government at every level.  Firearms are currently leaked to the underworld on a regular basis for high profits, imagine the ramifications of them being illegal.  The only difference is that any potential street buyer would have to beg, borrow or steal more in order to get one while gun traffickers gain even more wealth and power.  Average Joe probably won't bother, but the person already taking risks to achieve a criminal goal isn't going to think twice about taking more risks in obtaining and carrying the firearm.

Sadly, if a perfect world where were to exist and there were no firearms and nobody is getting shot, I guess there would then be the hyper debates about cutlery, and how it should all be smelted into perfectly round ornaments in order to reduce the stabbing/cutting statistics.
  11. Extremist Militias in the US

Oyipggy said:
    MrMeat said:
    Can you imagine how Columbine would've played out if even half the students there were armed? Sure, a few innocents would've probably been killed at first, but the killing would've stopped then and there as the rest of the students put the killers down.

Heck, if the students at columbine were armed, Dylan and Eric might not have even gone on their spree in the first place for fear of being shot seconds after the shooting started.

Given how they offed themselves at the end, I don't think being shot was any fear of theirs. The problem was their having guns, not other people's lack of them. And a huge ****ing problem it was.

Are you suggesting that stripping the right to bear firearms will prevent future episodes of that scenario?
  12. Extremist Militias in the US

So elegant and obviously highly intelligent, yet you present an equivocal ad hominem tucked within a red herring?  I'm utterly disappointed.
  13. Extremist Militias in the US

Wow.  All of this insightful spin-off that started over media propaganda?  Yet none of you appear to realize the fact.  Of course, since if you read a book or news feed, you're in the loop!  :lol:
  14. OSP Code SP [WB] Prebattle Orders Kit v0.8 Beta

Vlejundo, you have a "1" where a "0" should be just after the first chunk.  Make sure you got all of the "encounter_*" tuples.

# add
    #  (party_slot_eq, "p_main_party", slot_party_prebattle_plan, 0),
    # to the conditions block, the first [stuff] after the ("encounter_", label.
    # "encounter_attack" is included as an example
    # So, add the above line to "encounter_: _attack", _order_attack", _leave", _retreat", _surrender"

First chunk end: 

(set_jump_mission,"mt_lead_charge"),
            (call_script, "script_setup_random_scene"),
            (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_simple_encounter"),
            (jump_to_menu, "mnu_battle_debrief"),
            (change_screen_mission),
          ]),
    ## PreBattle Orders End
      ("encounter_attack",
          [
            (eq, "$encountered_party_friendly", 0),
            (neg|troop_is_wounded, "trp_player"),
    ## PreBattle Orders Begin
    (party_slot_eq, "p_main_party", slot_party_prebattle_plan, 0),
    ## PreBattle Orders End
          ],

next between chunks:

("encounter_order_attack",
          [
            (eq, "$encountered_party_friendly", 0),
            (call_script, "script_party_count_members_with_full_health", "p_main_party"),(ge, reg0, 4),
    ## PreBattle Orders End

then:

("encounter_leave",[
              (eq,"$cant_leave_encounter", 0),
      ## PreBattle Orders End

also:

("encounter_surrender",[
            (eq,"$cant_leave_encounter", 1),
    ## PreBattle Orders End
              ],"Surrender.",[(assign,"$g_player_surrenders",1)]),

finally:

("encounter_retreat",[
            (eq,"$cant_leave_encounter", 1),
            (call_script, "script_get_max_skill_of_player_party", "skl_tactics"),
            (assign, ":max_skill", reg0),
            (val_add, ":max_skill", 4),

(call_script, "script_party_count_members_with_full_health", "p_collective_enemy", 0),
            (assign, ":enemy_party_strength", reg0),
            (val_div, ":enemy_party_strength", 2),

(val_div, ":enemy_party_strength", ":max_skill"),
            (val_max, ":enemy_party_strength", 1),

(call_script, "script_party_count_fit_regulars", "p_main_party"),
            (assign, ":player_count", reg0),
            (ge, ":player_count", ":enemy_party_strength"),
    ## PreBattle Orders End
            ],"Pull back, leaving some soldiers behind to cover your retreat.",

Second chunk end:

(jump_to_menu, "mnu_battle_debrief"),
            (change_screen_mission),
          ]),
    ## PreBattle Orders End     
      ("join_attack",
          [
            (neg|troop_is_wounded, "trp_player"),
    ## PreBattle Orders End

next:

("join_order_attack",
          [
            (call_script, "script_party_count_members_with_full_health", "p_main_party"),
            (ge, reg0, 3),
    ## PreBattle Orders End

lastly:

("join_leave",
      [
    ## PreBattle Orders End
      ],"Leave.",
  15. OSP Code SP [WB] Prebattle Orders Kit v0.8 Beta

Stitched it, tried it, loved it, and no glitches that I noticed after ten battles.
  16. Spouse Talk Dialog

And now for more deviant dialog trickery, with purists in mind.  :mrgreen: Buy your spouse shopping sprees for small, beneficial bonuses. Mate with your spouse for small, beneficial bonuses.  I'd like to have it where you get a small boost to relations with the spouse's original faction. ...
  17. Automatic fire ammo consumption problem!

I think if you just make the separate ammo, most of your problem will be gone.  Then all you'd need to do is check that the slot is greater than zero, I guess.

(example for readers)

(item_set_slot, "itm_ppsh_42", slot_item_ammo, "itm_ppsh_42_ammo"),

["ppsh_42_ammo","ppsh 42 Bullets", [("cartridge_a",0)], itp_type_bullets|itp_merchandise|itp_can_penetrate_shield|itp_default_ammo, 0, 41,weight(2.25)|abundance(90)|weapon_length(3)|thrust_damage(1,pierce)|max_ammo(30),imodbits_missile],

(item_set_slot, "itm_dp27", slot_item_ammo, "itm_dp27_ammo"),

["dp27_ammo","dp27 Bullets", [("cartridge_a",0)], itp_type_bullets|itp_merchandise|itp_can_penetrate_shield|itp_default_ammo, 0, 41,weight(2.25)|abundance(90)|weapon_length(3)|thrust_damage(1,pierce)|max_ammo(100),imodbits_missile],
  18. Automatic fire ammo consumption problem!

(item_set_slot, "itm_ppsh_42", slot_item_ammo, 30),

Shouldn't that be something like:

(item_set_slot, "itm_ppsh_42", slot_item_ammo, "itm_ppsh_ammo"),

where you've made each of those ammo items in the items module and set the ammo amounts there?

Seems like that would fix the consumption problem at least.
  19. OSP Kit QoL Ye Olde Tavern Strumpets

Glad you like it Tumetsu.  They are meant to wear the court_dress and I confused it with courtly_outfit.  Changed the source but forgot about the module, I'll fix that.  In my game they all use the altered version of dthun's rogue armor that I posted*(picture of), plus I gave the armor unrealistic ratings, around 200 I think, to make them more of a challenge since I play with them in xeno's stuff.

In native, the madame kicks my ass at first.  There's a bug with the menu screen when that happens that I'll try to address later, just noticed it last night.  Also, with a new native game and resisting the temptation to import my actual character that I've carried with me from game to game from the beginning, those strumpets obliterated my team of 30 mid-level or less troops.  :shock:

You'd probably find them more challenging if they had battle worthy armor, but then they wouldn't look like a band of strumpets out for revenge.  They are meant to be tough at first and easy prey as you progress.  Perhaps they should be equipped with swords and a varied chance of shields?  Still then, they loose the image and appeal of being raging strumpets...  Ending in the current result, super high skill with next to nothing to protect them and a weapon that can hardly be considered as such.  Of course, source users can balance it however they like.  I'm open to suggestions for the module version, even though its main purpose is to provide a simple way for people test drive them.  :eek:

======
    No, fixed the module and forgot the script.  :roll:
    =======
    The source now uses the Court Dress for the default outfit.
  20. Throwing Swords

Dusk Voyager said:
    Would something like this work?
    slot_agent_thrown_state
    Code:
    ["sword_viking_33","Nordic Throw Me! Sword",[("sword_viking_a",0),("sword_viking_a_scabbard",ixmesh_carry)],itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_primary,itc_scimitar|itcf_carry_dagger_front_right,
    6000,weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(100)|weapon_length(97)|swing_damage(100,cut)|thrust_damage(100,pierce),imodbits_none],

["sword_viking_33_thrown","Nordic Throw Me! Sword",[("sword_viking_a",0),("sword_viking_a_scabbard",ixmesh_carry)],itp_type_thrown|itp_primary,itcf_throw_axe|itcf_carry_dagger_front_right,
    6000,weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(100)|shoot_speed(30)|weapon_length(97)|accuracy(100)|thrust_damage(100,pierce)|max_ammo(10),imodbits_none,
    [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_id", ":agent_no"),(eq, ":troop_id", "trp_player"),(agent_get_slot, ":counter", ":agent_no", slot_agent_thrown_state),(val_add, ":counter", 1),(agent_set_slot, ":agent_no", slot_agent_thrown_state, ":counter")])]],
      ("next_item_as_thrown_sword",
      [
        (store_script_param, ":agent_no", 1),
        (store_script_param, ":item_no", 2),
        (try_begin),
          (agent_is_alive, ":agent_no"),
          (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
          (agent_get_wielded_item, ":item_no", ":agent_no", 0),
          (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_id", ":agent_no"),
          (eq, ":troop_id", "trp_player"),
          (agent_get_slot, ":counter", ":agent_no", slot_agent_thrown_state),
          (try_begin),
            (eq, ":item_no", "itm_sword_viking_33"),
            (try_begin),
              (eq, ":counter", 0),   
              (agent_unequip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33"),
              (agent_equip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_no_item"),
              (agent_unequip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_no_item"),
              (agent_equip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33_thrown"),
              (agent_set_wielded_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33_thrown"),
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 1),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 2),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 3),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 4),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 5),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 6),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 7),   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", :cool:,   
            (else_try),
              (eq, ":counter", 9),   
            (try_end),
          (else_try),
            (eq, ":item_no", "itm_sword_viking_33_thrown"),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33_thrown"),
            (agent_equip_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33"),
            (agent_set_wielded_item, ":agent_no", "itm_sword_viking_33"),
          (try_end),
        (try_end),
        ]),
    (0, 0, 0, [],
    [
      (key_clicked, key_n),
      (call_script, "script_next_item_as_thrown_sword"),
      ]),
    Add it to these mission templates (below the last ti_before_mission_start in each of them):
    town_center
    village_center
    bandits_at_night
    visit_town_castle
    back_alley_kill_local_merchant
    lead_charge
    village_attack_bandits
    village_raid
    besiege_inner_battle_castle
    besiege_inner_battle_town_center
    castle_attack_walls_defenders_sally
    castle_attack_walls_belfry
    castle_attack_walls_ladder
    castle_visit
    sneak_caught_fight
    quick_battle_battle
    quick_battle_siege
    duel_with_lord
    bandit_lair
    alley_fight
    town_fight
    Search for all "finish_mission"s in each of them, adding this right above:
        (try_for_agents, ":agent"),
        (agent_set_slot, ":agent", slot_agent_thrown_state, 0),
        (try_end),

I edited the script to be available only to the player and give him/her the correct number of the thrown version. Also the script can't be used properly in multiplayer, since agent_equip_item is bugged there.

:shock:  Wow, that looks very different now and it looks great!  I'll be trying this soon.
Back
Top Bottom