Search results for query: *

• Users: Jude
  • Order by date
  1. Jude

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Wynd Fox said:
    I've searched and been unable to find it, so here I shall ask. How is "Cez" pronounced? I actually wonder about a couple of places, but this is the one that's been bugging me the most.
    I've been pronouncing it "says" this whole time, but now that you've made me think about it...

The Empire seems to be based heavily off of the romans given the whole style of dress, tactics and names, and I'm pretty sure latin didn't have a soft C, so it's probably pronounced like Kez.
  2. Jude

I only ever accept Honourable or Martial lords into my faction (Other than the companion lords) but so far as I can tell, they'll just keep dropping relations with you over time and every time you give a fief to someone else until they eventually desert from your faction as well.

You could technically make use of them for a very short time, but they won't be around long.
  3. Jude

pino_warrior said:
    (1) If rebel, declare own kingdom, how to convert lords to your cause? Will you only start with those castles and towns that you own? Or also the ones of the lords you persuade?
    If you capture an enemy lord whose relation is high enough, you can just ask them to join your faction. I'm not entirely sure what the formula is for that.
    I'm not sure what causes lords to bring their fiefs with them. In my most recent playthrough, not a single one of them did that, although I distinctly remember it happening before.
    (2) How to get rents from towns and castles? I notice it is zero, but I get tariffs though?
    I don't know about other people, but for me the weekly budget screen always shows rents as zero until actual payday, and then it gives the right amount. Do keep in mind you have to pay for the garrisoned troops, which subtracts from that.

(3) Do enemy AI recruit their units faster than mine? I swear, I destroyed as marshall at least 1500 units and they are coming and coming and no signs of weakening? I captured 10 of their lords already.
    How fast an AI Lord gains troops and how many they can maintain depends on their renown and income. More fiefs = more income.

(4) How come some of your ally lords don't join you if you hit campaign? I notice I travel with bands of units in which their units in band are all wounded, so I get help of maybe 4/35 warband, and another warband consisting of 7/65. LOL. How do get new fresh help? I don't want to seek them up and ask them personally.
    If your lords have high enough relation, they will almost always join your campaigns. As for the wounded, AI Lords pretty much never have as good of wound treatment as your own party.
  4. Jude

That only sounds more like a Warcraft 3 mechanic glitch. Never had that happen in Warband before.

Does it persist through saves and restarts?
  5. Jude

Can I remove the Noldor from this mod?

Some people just feel very strongly about elves.
    Rightly so when dwarves are so much better.  :grin:
  6. Jude

Nolder tournaments are a chore.

I was under the impression you only ever get Spirited or Champion horses from Noldor tournaments.

It is still frustrating to keep getting the Longswords and Infantry Helmets over and over again though, even if they're always best possible modifier.
  7. Jude

Ultimate CKO infantry?

My CKO sergeants are:

Noldor Composite Bow
    Blunt Steel Polehammer
    Two sets of Noldor arrows

Blue Cross Helmet
    Heraldic Plate Armour
    Mettenheim Steel Gauntlets
    Whichever was the nicest looking steel greaves

I imagine proper CKO foot knights is mostly just making a Fierdsvain Berserker or Empire Gladiator but with the armour.
  8. Jude

Prophesy of Pendor and possible Steam Workshop

To my knowledge the only game that actually has trouble with the workshop is Civ 5, because of how mods are implemented into that game.

Assuming Warband doesn't have the same problems, then it's just more exposure. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems like an overall plus to me.
  9. Jude

I don't even bother with circumstantial or dishonourable lords, personally. If they're not Honourable or Martial, they don't get into the kingdom (Unless they're a companion lord with unique troops). The plus side of that is the lords you do have get much larger armies from all the extra fiefs.
  10. Jude

[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

I actually have it set to half time through occult meddling, but it was using someone else's lines so I actually don't know how to do it myself. We still have a few tech heretics around here, don't we?
  11. Jude

m82sniper said:
    m82sniper said:
    Quick question, how do I make my lords stop being such gigantic pussies? I'm trying to take on wolfbode with around 1400 men versus his 1300, but the second my armies see him they just scatter, leaving me with maybe 700 if I'm lucky. How do I get around this? It's pretty game-breaking imo.

Bump.

Lords with lower spotting won't run away as quickly. Sadly, the only way to make lords not be huge pussies is to actually have completely overwhelming odds (autocalc wise)

If lords think they'll lose a fight, they won't go in, and you can't do anything about it other than try to start the fight while they're all still together.
  12. Jude

Recruiting Lords is Stupidly Difficult.

The option to recruit only shows up if it is available. ie when it will actually work.
  13. Jude

Recruiting Lords is Stupidly Difficult.

You can still get your lords the old fashioned way by talking to them, but it's even harder and doesn't count towards the achievement.

As far as I know, the formula for recruiting captured lords is 15 (base) + 5 | 10 (normal campaign | good campaign) - Persuasion + 10 | 0 (duke | lord) + 1 * #castles + 2 * #towns
    May not be accurate

Mostly dependant on number of fiefs your faction and the enemy faction has, as has been said.

I spend probably the first 300-400 days of all my games running around questing and attaining honour so getting lords was never a problem for me, since I only ever get Honourable and Martial ones (the other two types are just more trouble than they're worth, discounting your own companion lords)
  14. Jude

Strictly speaking, Demonic Magni are the strongest individual troops in the game, and CKOs at the end tend to beat out everything. There are specific other troops that are also individually better than the Noldor.

Thing about the Noldor is they're a lot more numerable than the very few troops that are actually stronger than them. Getting an all-Noldor army also tends to take longer than getting your CKO to the end of the line, given that one qualis gem gives only a small handful of Noldor troops.

I do still kind of wish befriending them wasn't absolutely necessary though, really my only gripe. Now if the Mettenheim or Barclay were a requirement, I probably wouldn't mind so much. Heh heh
  15. Jude

I don't particularly dislike elves, but I do vastly prefer dwarves, which is why I'm glad the Ebony Gauntlet exists.

I assume the Jatu are what happens when you take Mongols and give them armour.
  16. Jude

300+ of anything past level 40
    200+ if party consists entirely of Noldor (good luck)

So far as I have ever been able to tell, battles out in the field are generally won by copious amounts of powerful cavalry, and sieges are generally won by a good mixture of archers and shield infantry.

There are exceptions, of course. Strong enough cavalry doubles as shield infantry in sieges, and strong enough archers (Usually involving Noldor Composite Bows) and infantry (Ebony Gauntlets) can be powerhouses on the field. Incidentally, no amount of even numbers is going to let you fight against Demonic Magnus' or the Noldor unless you're fielding entirely CKO troops on Day 1500

I don't know if things have changed, but I know a good number of people who, whenever they decided to take a walled fief without being a vassal to start their rogue kingdom, would generally just field a very large amount of Ravenstern Rangers or better archers, let them shoot at the wall til they collectively ran out of ammo, retreat, siege again. I don't know if people still do that.

The mod is filled with powerful troops that are (mostly) well balanced, so it's pretty much just finding which ones you like best.
  17. Jude

noosers said:
    maceman121 said:
    Question, which stat do I need to raise to deal 75 damage with a single arrow in a tournament?  The noldor are very strong, but we start and I might be dropped by the first arrow hitting me.  Mine do a lot less, even with a powerdraw of 9 (which I thought was the only thing that increases damage)

Stat?
    Change your bow. Against high levelled and endgame enemies (like, say, Noldors) you better use one of the high end bows, like Duskfall, a Noldor Bow or a Runed Bow.
    As I´ve never done a Noldor tourney, i do not know wether or not you keep your gear, but the regular practice bow is pathetic. :wink:
    Unless the Noldor are specifically cheating, then every single tournament uses practice weapons only. I've witnessed the Noldor doing 70-90 damage despite this, but it seems difficult to get that yourself even with PD 10 and 300+ proficiencies.

My best guess is those specific damage values are headshots on mounted targets running straight towards them. Does the speed bonus work that way?
  18. Jude

Using qualis gem

I make a point of going gem hunting, so I tend to have a whole lot of them.

I use the vast majority of them on stat increases. There's a (supposedly) finite amount of levelups, there's a potentially infinite amount of qualis gems. If you just put every single levelup point in Int, then you also just have a lot more skill points than you otherwise could. Admittedly though, it is rather hard to get 30+ in the other three stats through only elixirs.

Every qualis gem I don't specifically use for elixirs, I use to open knighthood orders. Sometimes it gets to the point where I won't hand a fief to a vassal until after I've had the time to station a KO there. That does kind of make things ridiculously easy later on though what with the sheer number of knights in your faction. I should note, I try to have a gem ready in time for the very first fief I manage to get. Starting a CKO early is always good what with how bloody long they take to train.

I pretty much never get the rune weapons anymore. Depending on the weapon, there is literally no match for it present in the game, but a few weapons come close and some of the rune weapons just aren't very powerful, comparatively.
  19. Jude

Ravenstern getting wrecked

I tend to see Ravenstern and the Fierdsvain have a back and forth on their side of the map for a while, although in my current game the Fierds own Ravenstern City and everything on that side of the river. (Meanwhile the D'Shar own all the initially bordering Fierds land)

In every single one of my games, however, I have seen the Empire get their skulls caved in. Even after meddling with the occult and making Ethos start with a Radiant Cross chapter, the Empire still get the short end of the stick every time.

When I revolted from Marius Imperator, I actually had more land out the door than that entire faction. (They had Janos and Ethos. I had Cez, Almerra Castle, Walven Castle and Savador Castle. Each castle had a knighthood order.)

The funny thing about Empire and Ravenstern always getting demolished one way or the other though is any time I observe a battle with just myself and my companions, those two factions seem much more likely to win. The Ravenstern having the best archers against a faction whose strongest infantry don't use shields and in general don't use horses tends to have some rather obvious results.
  20. Jude

Leveling up Companions

noosers said:
    Sounds like a 200+ game at Dwarf Fortress was fun running your rig.
    Indeed. I usually like increasing the embarkation area too, I rarely have trouble running that game even after digging deep.
    Next version due early July as well.  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom