Search results for query: *

1. Scotterius

Mount & Blade Warband version 1.167 patch (released)

For some reason the NEWS segment on the upper right of the forum is displaying the date of April 4th 2014, for this, the Viking Conquest DLC, and the ECS qualifiers.  The year is wrong.
  2. Scotterius

Victory! PoP Completed - Now what?

For Fantasy 'Light & Darkness' is pretty good.  It does a lot of interesting things with scripting I had not yet seen.  '1257AD' is also enjoyable.  1257 has modified the way companions and troops are recruited in a way I prefer over Native.
  3. Scotterius

The new Subversion.

F.F.C._fritz said:
    Ehy kuauik, what's your signature?  :mrgreen:

I believe that is transdimensial awesomeness.  Although it may be transcendent awesomeness, I get them confused.
  4. Scotterius

horns to loud?

I understand that in  historic reality the horns should be earsplitting.  Unfortunately in present day reality I have neighbors :smile: They are really loud, Dr. Thomas.  I do have to adjust volume when they sound.  Sometimes after a beer or two I am a bit slow and forget they are coming... and I feel regret that I disturbed my room mates.

But, hey now that I know I can blame it your design choices...I feel a ton better.  Keep up the brilliant work :smile:
  5. Scotterius

Kings take all the recaptured land.

I have played thousands of hours of M&B, but usually through mods.  I started a native game lately to unlock some of the steam achievements using a female character.  It was really slow starting and it wasn't until about day 800 that I started a new kingdom.  By this time the map had radically...
  6. Scotterius

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

NicotiN said:
    It would be a bit inapropiate for a companion like her to be beaten. captured etc.....

Could she be an actual functioning magistrate that bans new candidate lords with negative relations  on sight, allowing more space for positive potential lords in my court?  It would be poetic!
  7. Scotterius

Confusion about Knighthood Orders

If you want to open up an editor and change a knight hood then Griffon, Silvermist and Ebony Guantlet are good candidates.  I do edit the Griffon knights myself.  I take away their lances and make sure they use piercing and blunt weapons. 
  8. Scotterius

Interesting facts you know about medieval warfare?

Knights were quite large.  It was not uncommon for to have 6 to 6.5 feet tall knights.  We can tell because of surviving pieces of plate armor.  This demonstrates feudal thinking.  If you are going to invest all this money in a soldier and provide him armor and land...make it a large soldier.

Another interesting thing is the properties of curved and straight blades.  Curved blades are great for slashing, and deliver the energy of the swing throughout the stroke.  This is why you can see a katana cutting through a pile of pigs.  A straight blade is a different animal.  With a swing it delivers all of its energy to the strike point and on a very fine edge.  This allowed them to transfer kinetic energy through flexible armor like chain that defeated curved weapons entirely.  With a straight blade you could break bones and cause effective amputations without ever breaking a chain link.  The advent of chain around 800 ad is likely why curved edged weapons grew so rare in Europe.
  9. Scotterius

Your Favorite and Least Favorite Knighthood Order?

I like The Griffin Knights.  They always feel like 'mine'.  They do fine, and are to the best of my knowledge unique to my army.  The Dawn is great too, but Valonbray is such a death trap in a siege!

My least favorite is the Silvermist archers.  This is because in order to get them you have to trade in a Grey Archer...which is in many ways superior.  You gain so little from this trade (if you gain anything). I would rather spend the gem on The Ebony Gauntlet, or even a new ax for my heroes.
  10. Scotterius

Help needed for my first run of this mod

Well you can take everything that Mr. Nooser says (at least on tactical matters) as gold.  I would add simply that in the very early game I get what ever unit I can just so I can take on bandit groups without being swarmed.  The goal during this time is to get enough money to get my heros (and hire Sir Alistair so I can take his nice armor, and leave him in a dress if possible).  During this time I am usually smashed and scattered a couple of times.

This period is touch and go, but once you start taking on Vaskerry's and Rogue Knights you will actually start to die less.This is because you are wearing their armor, and have become quite seasoned.  After this joining as a mercenary earns you a higher salary, and the loot from fighting faction forces is higher.  You will need to do this quite a while before trying to start a new kingdom.

You can find the hero compatibility lists in the FAQ.  I um...also tend to put the AI campaign to poor.

Edit:  Putting the AI campaign to poor might be the most important thing I said.  On the poor setting my army is a dingy fighting against a storm, on average it is a leaf caught in a hurricane made of bears.
  11. Scotterius

Native recruitment vs Lance recruitment

What if there were two components to the Lance system?  One where there are men in the population willing to join you, and the second was the means to equip them reflected by supply points.  This way the lances would normally better reflect the peasants defending their town. You could expect to recruit a low level calvary or two, archers or some quilted armored spearmen.  However, if you want them to level up and be geared more appropriately you have to take them to a place that has horses or armorers and get that gear and training for them. (a little like sword of Damocles)

These areas would generate supply points over time much like the lances that are bought with coin and take game time to implement. You might have the men and means to turn some veteran troops into advanced troops, but you will need to stand around for 2 days to do it.  Some points could be available from looting as well, perhaps based on an enemy lords army size ( like renown rewards).

Essentially this would mean halting every troop tree at least once (maybe more) so that the men could come back and be refitted.  Or maybe you could refit them from even the camp menu based on supply points, that would be a less of a pain.  It could also give incentive to attack better equipped troops than you if you could loot them in some way. 

This would be a devil, to have the NPC lords deal with this I fear.

Still, I feel that the lance system is easy and superior to Native in every way.  If I were to change it, it would to be to make it harder in some way.
  12. Scotterius

Noble Comapanions

Well, some of the companions are noble.  I have promoted only two.  The first caused no problems and had a feif acceptance speech.  The second did not, and caused the reputation drop.    This gives me a good clue about how to figure it out.

EDIT:
    So I gave every companion a fief (at least the ones I have found, I might be missing a set).  Only one has a noble acceptance speech, I was very lucky to see it the first time.  The other's have placement tags instead indicating a missing speech txt I think.  The placement tag mentions a previous NPC, and likely if that companion was noble the new one is as well.  Sadly I am not familiar with older subversions, but maybe some one else could say which companions were noble then.

In short, the only one I can personally guarantee as noble is Yasir.  Here is a list of what associations I found.  Perhaps if the old companions were noble the new ones are too.  Let me know.

Tychon- Fernando the Castillan
    Riyasat- Balabaan the Seljuk
    Bashar- Alexios the Greek
    Otgonbayar- Ulrich of the Tetonic Order
    Muneer- Dego the Sicilian
    Demetrius- Ivan of Galicia
    Ganzorig- Taraq of the Ilkhanate
    Bat-Erdene - Gamal the arab
    Naranbaatar- Ali the Barber
    Garbatarr- Kyril the Barbarian
    Damurah- Huges the Crusader
    Nestor - gives Jeremus's speech (non noble)
    Alexis- Kar the swede
    Henry- Uilleam the Scot
    John- gives an unrecognized non noble speech
    Simon - Jean the Frenchman
    Joseph- Istvan the Hungarian
    Helge -Jaume of Aregorn
    Peter - Yuriy of Novgorod
    Alexander Aedu the Irishman
    Tomorbaatar- Draoslav the Serbian
    Charles- Jon the Norwegian
    Yasir - gives the nobel acceptance speech of that cruel trainer guy from native.
    Aadil- Isma the Andalusian
  13. Scotterius

Noble Comapanions

Does any one know who the noble companions are, or how to find out?
  14. Scotterius

lance recruitment system

Yes, with the lance system you can actually  build specialized armies more quickly in the mid and late game.  It took me a while to get used to such a change, but I really like it now.
  15. Scotterius

culture when starting my own kingdom

You can control army composition with lance system.  Nothing requires you to keep the whole lance once you recruit it.  I disband foot archers as a matter of principle.  Lance troops can level up, check out the troop trees.  Chances are you can level most into what you want.  I find an infantry charge mixed with a cavalry flank is usually very effective.  I have grown to really like the lance system. 

Now, you can no longer garrison.  I like this restriction, but I do find it curious that I cant pull out forces from my town for a use.
  16. Scotterius

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Dear Pop Team,

You guys are awesome.  I am eagerly awaiting the release of 4.0.  Your accomplishments and additions to warband features in the past have been really impressive.  The idea of qualis gems, random events, and the implementation of that wonderful troop AI has really added so much to Mount and Blade.  The art design and story telling is excellent as well.  I know these things were not accomplished easily, and your work is really appreciated.  I am anticipating your release of PoP 4 more than any video game title this year.
  17. Scotterius

The new Subversion.

I think the horror of the long sword, was its capability to transfer high amounts of kinetic energy through chain on very narrow areas.  With a curved blade this ability is sacrificed, and is likely why European blades are primarily straight after 800 ad ( the advent of chain).
  18. Scotterius

Papal states hostile?

The Papal states are kind of funky.  I have had problems with them too.  Before I save now I check their status.  They dont seem to operate by the normal laws relations.  I suspect a high honor can make them hostile for example, due perhaps to a personal negative lord relationship?
  19. Scotterius

im not getting kingdom messages

I have noticed these messages being dropped as well.  I check the note tab often.  Quite often the quest will appear there with no splash screen notification.
  20. Scotterius

culture when starting my own kingdom

You can change the 'religion' of your culture through an NPC.  Not sure what that does, and I would not do it without saving in a new slot.  The Pope is not to be messed with in this game.
Back
Top Bottom