Search results for query: *

1. von Schweinewitz

TPW - Original Thread (locked)

Actually they did. Depending on the grade of wealth/decadence of the landlord, furniture like the kline below could be quite luxurious with cushions and pads all over.

2. von Schweinewitz

Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

Although he was muted two times before and had received several warnings and well-meant advices he kept on spamming, especially in the TPW thread. Yesterday this happened - he really made me angry:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,23842.3105.html
  3. von Schweinewitz

OK Danny, that's enough. Just stop it.
  4. von Schweinewitz

Soil:

Yes, thanks!  Passed it over to Tyr.

Danny:

It's not too bad, it's just a swift pain in he rear. You've mentioned that here, well, three dozens times before ... Would be better to keep your fingers away from the keypad for some time. Just an advice. :cool:

Tyr:

Bin zurzeit reichlich angetrunken. Werde deine PM morgen beantworten. Schon mal Danke für die Bilder, sieht interessant aus. (Und wenn Du dem kleinen Griechen hier was Unangenehmes sagen willst, tu Dir bitte keinen Zwang an. :wink:)
  5. von Schweinewitz

We already know that, Danny! :roll:
  6. von Schweinewitz

Hi Soil, thanks for the offer!

I'll send you a PM soon.

(Don't know if the tactical details you suggest are possible with M&B, sorry. But you may check the Peninsula War thread for some advanced battlefield craziness.)
  7. von Schweinewitz

Exactly.

---------------------------------------------

Concerning our new modeler TYR:

He's part of the TPW team now, and Lynores and I are looking forward to work with him. For reasons already mentioned, we're thankful for every help we can get, and Tyr has yet proven to be a skilled and motivated modder. The mod's progess may be slow, but you may rest assured that continuously someone in Brazil or Germany is working on it. :wink:

---------------------------------------------

Concerning the spam:

TYR said:
    If you have anything reasonable to post considering TpW feel free
    to do so. Otherwise feel not.

I agree. Spammers will be handled more resolutely in the future.
  8. von Schweinewitz

Waterloo Mod

Drewry said:
    Yes, at first I was against it but I think it will add an extra challenge to the game.  Especially in the beginning.  The reason for the mercenaries is I think a lot of people like to use them when they run out of troops and they will be modeled after things like the King's German Legion (which I decided not to include in the British Faction troop type for this very reason).

Concerning the mercenaries:

When you play as a Brit you could recruit the German Legion and that would be historically correct. But as a French  ... well, there the problem appears: We're in 1815, so there are no Rheinbund troops anymore, no Irish Legion etc.
  9. von Schweinewitz

Waterloo Mod

Drewry said:
    -Prussia

Bülow von Dennewitz

Fixed.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :wink:)

Will pop in here from time to time for sure.

Good luck with this mod!

BTW:

Mercenaries? Brigands? Are you sure you want to include these?
  10. von Schweinewitz

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Amman de Stazia said:
    Can people please suggest some national traits to put into the troops, NPCs and player-start stat.s?

If one day troops (or just NPCs) of the Grand Duchy of Berg should be included they would be of low morale, pressed into service and used as cannon fodder in a war that was not their own.
    Excluded from this the Chevau-Lèger Lanciers which fought in Spain with distinction as a part of the Guard cavalry.

by the way, von Scheinewitz - kommst Du aus dem Schwabenland?

No, I live in the Rhineland; though my family is from Silesia.

Highlander:

Great action in this vid, but the guns look way too small.

Regarding the size: compare your models with the reference pics I've posted before.

French Line Artillery: 4pdr. gun

French Guard Artillery: 12pdr. gun

11. von Schweinewitz

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Yeah, that's the problem with all female troops/NPCs ... they're nothing more than eye candy. :neutral:
  12. von Schweinewitz

Amman de Stazia said:
    here's another bloody idea....

women peasants:  If a guerrilla unit recruits them, they can become guerrileras (that is, fighting troops).  If any other unit recruits them, they are replaced by 'camp follower'  which could upgrade to medic, cook or clothier?
    Medic bonus would be surgery, cook would be morale, clothier would be pathfinding (easier marching in better boots and clothes)

It would certainly be a nice touch - real armies relied absolutely on their camp-followers, and it would allow for non-NPC females in the game (it seems a shame to have the option and not get some use out of it).  Also gives a nice background to female NPCs, as in that they came from somewhere.

Nice idea! How about including cantinières for the French? Or a cantinière as a NPC (good medical/trade stats)?

They had their own fanciful uniform which varied from regiment to regiment.
  13. von Schweinewitz

Dain Ironfoot said:
    Von: Any luck with the light infantry chevron stuff? Could a Sergeant major simply be 2 chevrons on red rather like the line stuff? I may do this as a compromise pending more accurate refs..

Seems a good idea to me for I've searched diverse sites and forums during the last days, and all I could find was an image showing a Sergent Major wearing a pre-1812 uniform with - guess what - two white chevrons over the cuff, just like the Sergents. (Did I mention before that I hate rank insignia, especially those of the French Light Infantry?)
  14. von Schweinewitz

YOU RUINED MY MARNID!!!

I always liked this feature and I was surprised when I discovered that it was removed from the game.

I don't think that it gave us a 'false sense of freedom' as Sethaniel states it for it didn't affect gameplay in any way; it was just a nice possibility for the player to customize the game a bit.

Yes, I definitely want it back.
  15. von Schweinewitz

OK, Danny. Don't worry. This mod still needs much work, try to relax meanwhile. :wink:
  16. von Schweinewitz

Exactly what Dain said.

Here's Lynores' last post. Just read it, Danny. And stop asking for the release date every second day, please.

Lynores said:
    Thanks for the support, everyone. As for the release date, as I've mentioned in the first post, it can't really be determined. I was expecting to release it before M&B v.1.0 but some serious matters popped up, and right now I have someone close to me extremely sick and about to have a surgery, plus schweinewitz's been under pressure at his job, so we're on hold at the moment. Hopefully it won't take long.
  17. von Schweinewitz

Simple question, surprisingly difficult answer.

Concerning that I'll check some French sites and forums tomorrow.
  18. von Schweinewitz

Yep, same insignia as the Line, gold bar(s) on red right over the cuff.

Exception: Sergeants wore gold-brocaded [sic?] epaulettes (1812 regulations):

19. von Schweinewitz

a link to the past

My family bears a quite strange name: Hellfeier - which in fact means 'hellfire'.

('Hell' = Hel, the Germanic goddess of the underworld, hell; '-feier' or '-faier' = Feuer, which means fire.)

We can trace back our line to a man named Helleviur, who was a companion of the poet Konrad von Würzburg in the 13th century.
  20. von Schweinewitz

How Old are M&B Players?

I'm 39. And glad that I'm not the only Grognard around here. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom