Search results for query: *

1. mat2rivs

Some findings of ParticleSystem

Nice, I'll check it out.

Edit:
    Thanks for posting that code! I'm still new to C# and found reading the code enjoyable. I also learned how to properly run code in missions.
  2. mat2rivs

Some findings of ParticleSystem

The main problem is still the exposed API doesn't return the reference of the ParticleSystem generated on an agent.
    I can make the hit target burns when he gets shot, but I can't make the fire go away after a few seconds, it will always be on the agent.
    I'm not positive on this, but it appears that when the attribute "emit_at_once"
    XML:
        <effect name="psys_game_burning_agent" guid="{42E394C5-21D5-409B-872C-DB082E417FE6}" sound_code="event:/mission/ambient/detail/fire/fire_small">
            <emitters>
                <emitter name="Emitter" _index_="0">
                    <flags>
                        <flag name="emit_while_moving" value="false"/>
                        <flag name="dont_emit_while_moving" value="true"/>
                        <flag name="emit_at_once" value="false"/>
    is set to false, the particle emitter will constantly emit the particles (ie. the particle system exists until the end of the mission). This seems to be the case for all the 'fire' type particle systems in 'particle_systems2.xml' including "psys_game_burning_agent" which you are using. When that attribute is set to true, and you call the system using the Mission method:
    C#:
    public void AddParticleSystemBurstByName(string particleSystem, MatrixFrame frame, bool synchThroughNetwork);
    Then it will only emit once.

So, it seems like two things need to happen:
    1. Create a new fire particle system that has the 'emit_at_once' attribute set to true. (I couldn't seem to make new particle systems or override exiting ones, but I may have been making a mistake.)
    2. Use a mission behavior or some other method to periodically call AddParticleSystemBurstByName on your new fire particle system when your agent's sword is drawn.
    If you already figured this out, sorry for the long comment. Also, please share if you know how to add/alter particle systems.
  3. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 10/01/19

@Callum,

I'd like to report a bug.

I tapped 'Click to continue' on that first screen and nothing happened.  :razz:

Cheers!
    -mat
  4. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 01/11/18

Great Blog!

Also, this is the first Bannerlord dev-blog that I have forwarded to my wife.  She loves to sew and will appreciate the pattern-making portion of your design process.
  5. mat2rivs

SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Hello all,

I figured that I'd throw this link here in case anyone is interested:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377241.135.html

I went through an interview with Efe that mostly covers my work on TGS.  Also, there are tons of other awesome interviews on that thread.  I'd highly recommend giving it a read.

As the interview states.  I don't plan on restarting a bunch of work on TGS for Warband right now.  However, I am cautiously watching the Bannerlord release, and assuming it ever releases, I may check out its modding potential.

Thanks to everyone who supported the mod over the years!  May the Dragon once again ride on the winds of time!
    -mat

6. mat2rivs

Modders' Interviews | Get inspired by Greats and Legends!

Thanks for the interview Mandible!

Redwall was one of my favorite literary worlds growing up.  I remember following your mod, hoping for a release, but I understand the time commitment involved with trying to complete a project with limited outside help.  Also, my hat is off to you and all the other modders with great artistic abilities.  (A skill I mostly lack.)  If you ever seriously consider bringing your mod back to life, let me know.

Regards,
    -mat
  7. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 13/09/18

That particle effects designer looks great!  I spent many hours tweaking values in python files, compiling, loading the game, and then triggering the correct effect, just to realize it looked nothing like I expected.

All the cool/useful features you guys are adding to the editor/dev environment are much appreciated!  All the new Bannerlord modders are going to have it too easy... They just won't understand how hard things were back in the old days.  :wink:
  8. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 16/08/18

@Callum,

Can you give us a high level schedule of what Taleworlds will be doing next week?  Ie, when can we expect information to start filtering down to us?

Also, I'm assuming that the 30-min play sessions will be recorded and then made available to the public?  Is that correct?

Thanks and I hope next week goes well!
    -mat
  9. mat2rivs

Glassdoor Taleworlds reviews

NPC99 said:
    No evidence of chains in the team photo.  :grin:

Cx-6k.jpg

M.ArdA said:
    Golradir said:
    M.ArdA said:
    Yay new team photo! Also yay, I am in it!
    Spotted you! Took me like 5 minutes, holy crap I'm blind ;_; whatchoo up to at the tw office?
    Moppin' the floors! jokes aside i am in my last week on my internship.
    Ah yes, but you will notice that in every case (except one - Pulp Fiction white t-shirt) whenever both hands are visible, they are crossed, which most likely means they are constrained.  Armagan himself appears to have his hands handcuffed behind his back.  /sarcasm
  10. mat2rivs

Opinion about developer blogs

Rungsted93 said:
    I would love to hear what has changed in Bannerlord since it went from "Getting it out before the year ends in 2016" to now probably not even releasing in 2018. Some clarification would be awesome and I think it would also make people understand a whole lot more.
    My best bet on that is single player complexity is adding to the dev time.  Multiplayer looks pretty complete, but single player is so much more complicated.

Think about this 1 item for single player:  Scenes

In Warband, you had 1, maybe 2 scenes for each village, castle, and town.  In Bannerlord, each village needs 1 scene for the village (not sure if more are needed for 'enterprises') Then 3 scenes for a castle.  Add to that the navigation maps, lighting generation, differentiation for seasons, quests related differences, entry points, etc.  Then each village could take a week or more to complete.  Multiply that by 200? villages and that is a lot of time.  Then move on to Towns, and I'm not sure how many different scenes will be needed.  There's at least the town, keep, tournament grounds, Inns? (some seemed linked to the town).

I personally think that all the scene design (layout, atmosphere, props, flow, etc) needed to make Bannerlord work as we have been told it will, is a major undertaking.  And this is only one of the many parts that are necessary to make the Campaign work.

Also think campaign map, parties, lords, spawns, quests, seasons, random battle scene generation... The list goes on and on.  If they've only had the engine 'complete' enough to really get started with this part of the game for a couple years, then that explains to me why we are still waiting.

But, I wish they would just tell us that, so we didn't just wait and wonder...
  11. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 22/02/18

If you are willing to share, what version control, issue tracking, and automated test solutions did you choose to support a team of 80 developers?  I work in a team of around 20 developers (as part of a much larger organization), so it's always interesting to know what tools other teams have found to be beneficial.

Also, I'm very excited about the enhanced modding support.  Some of the inefficiencies in Warband scening were what slowly eroded my will to keep updating scenes in my mod.  (That and having 3 kids.  :roll:)
  12. mat2rivs

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

NPC99 said:
    Your wife & daughters must come first, but that sounds promising. TW’s modding tools look great. I just hope they don’t leave us without a campaign map editor.

gkx's feedback on this thread seems promising.  Both for the modding tools and a potential campaign editor.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373036.0.html

And my wife will be glad to have people on her side.  Though she is very supportive of my inner nerd.  :party:
  13. mat2rivs

NPC99 said:
    Hopefully, you’re planning a Gathering Storm mod for Bannerlord. I loved your Warband version.  :grin:

Let's just say I'm cautiously monitoring the status of Bannerlord.  I'm fully planning on buying the game with the intent of first enjoying the base game, but then hopefully doing some modding.  I'll be blatantly honest and say that I had the most fun by far with Warband while modding it.  It just really jived with the engineer/software developer (not really artist as you can tell by the trollocs) inside of me.

I've done some pre-work, but until I have the game I don't want to commit too much time.  Also, when I started modding Warband, I was married, but my wife and I were both working.  I sort of had to drop off TGS development when we had our first daughter and my role changed at work.  (to software, many thanks to modding Warband)  Now, I have three daughters and am still married  :cool: plus have more responsibility at work.  HOWEVER, until you've started something like an overhaul mod and worked through the hours and days and months of uphill battle and finally get something cobbled together and published, you won't understand how absolutely awesome that feeling is.  Even when the feature requests and bug reports immediately start pouring in.  And  THAT struggle and triumph (plus my unabashed love of Wheel of Time and Mount and Blade) will most likely drive me to start on another mod.  Plus, the game and modding tools just look downright fun.

-mat

PS.  Thanks for playing and enjoying TGS.  That also makes all the time worth it!
  14. mat2rivs

Honved said:
    Seeing how the Star Wars: Conquest mod implemented force skills as "weapons" and "shields", it's probably possible to fudge in some kind of magic-oriented combat without the game specifically making provisions for magic.  I suppose "monsters" would be possible to some degree, the more humanoid the easier to implement.

It was absolutely possible to add 'magic' to Warband.  It just took some creativity.  For example, a fire ball, is just a modified projectile with a little extra code behind it.  It throws a flag when it hits the ground, an object, or an agent.  Then you deal some initial damage if necessary, and turn the agent(s) 'on-fire' slot to true.  Add in the new sounds and particle systems to make it look pretty.  Increase damage dealt and burn duration based on the strength of the caster.

Next, if you can track the fireball in the air, you can then set up counter 'spells' to try to stop it, or alter the effects such as extinguish the fire on the burning person or heal them.

Follow this pattern to add more and more weaves (spells) and counters.  And, once you have a bunch of them, then the real fun starts.  Now you get to write the logic for how the bots decide which spells to use when.  In my mod, I used a combination of the troops types' preference/disposition, and data from the battle field.  (situational awareness)  You might have a squad of battle mages who prefer to just burn, shock, and freeze enemies, but if they realize that their team mates are getting beat up pretty bad, they might switch over to healing allies and immobilizing enemies.

All this was possible using Warband's clunky module system.  I'm hoping that the new C# scripting will make modifications such as this much easier.

I apologize for mixing in Wheel of Time terminology with the Elder Scrolls lingo, but what can I say, I'm biased...
  15. mat2rivs

Favorite Bannerlord Gameplay Videos

vicwiz007 said:
    I actually compiled a list of every gameplay i could find (excluding stuff like that engine video although i may add it) however my favorite video WHICH I CANT FIND is one where its a desert battle between two mountains. The guy is a horse archer and i believe aserai vs vlandia maybe and sergeant mode... I know there was maybe a few other sergeant mode gameplays that took place in the desert with a horse archer, but this particular one was my favorite, and i am sad that i cant find it.

It was a huge battle and i believe the player died somewhere toward the end. If anyone can find it thatd be great!

p.s- it wont let me post a link to my playlist i mentioned but if anyone is curious i can pm it to you or something

Check out the last quarter of the video I linked in the OP.  I think that might be the battle you are referring to.
  16. mat2rivs

gkx said:
    The modding tools improved greatly after that video.
    We added lots of custom editors for particles, cloths, skeletons, meshes, materials etc, we also increased usability with resource browser, previewed search boxes etc, also we overhauled the UI for better user experience.
    It was more of a spreadsheet editor with a visual feedback than a proper game engine editor before. We are very excited for the experiences modders will create with these kinds of tools.
    gkx,

Thanks for your post!  I'm very glad to hear the team is improving the editor along with the game.  Hopefully the preview feature is powerful.  I don't even want to think of how many times I built the module system and then launched the game just to see how some tweak affected things.  (particle system in particular (eww, bad word choice))  Hopefully the scene editor is more stable as well for mid to large sized scenes.  And nav-mesh improvements... adding the nav-mesh was probably the part of scening I dreaded most.

Still I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the base game... and then hopefully modding like crazy.  C# and xml (I think) should be awesome.  Plus the sweet editor.

Happy New Year!
    -mat

P.S. - Thanks to the others for sharing their videos.  Prompted some dev input, which rocks!
  17. mat2rivs

In order to make it through the Bannerlord information dearth next week, I thought it would be cool for us to post our favorite Bannerlord videos.  And if you like, give a brief explanation what you like about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0cBJjpm5QM This video features a few Custom...
  18. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 26/10/17

Varrak said:
    Birds are confirmed  :party:

3FSgBCV.jpg

Can anyone confirm what that yellow/orange thing is under the cream colored awning?  It's directly above the upright barrel.  Is it a lantern, or the face of another creepy villager?
  19. mat2rivs

Dev Blog 21/09/17

But just think of the potential for awesome overhaul conflicts...

Like Malcolm Reynalds leading the defense of Helms Deep against an army of Wookies.
  20. mat2rivs

[Poll] Co-op, why it's possible and why we should have it.

So, here's an off-the-wall idea for a quasi-coop mode...

Say the single player campaign portion of the game is controlled by one player.  (Could be a popular Warband Youtuber such as ReformistTM.)  Spectators would be able to follow the movements on the campaign map, but only the host could control that aspect of the game.

Whenever the player party enters a scene/battle, those spectating the game would have the option to join the host as a member of his/her party.  A multiplayer instance would start where the non-host players control an agent in the scene/battle.  Those characters would have the stats, equipment, etc of a troop in the host's party.  So, basically, each 'coop' player would play a real part in the story that is going on.  The number of players allowed to join in a specific battle would depend on the party size the host is controlling (taking into account non-wounded troops, etc).  If there aren't enough human players, then bots can fill the gaps.  If the host's party is small, an option could be that overflow human players fill roles in the enemy parties.

This might be basically impossible to pull off, but I think it would be a pretty cool game mode if possible.  The host would need to have ultimate control of who joins in the event of someone trying to sabotage the battles, but that could make it even more realistic in some ways.

For those who already enjoy watching play-throughs, it would be pretty cool to join the game host on his/her campaign to conquer Calradia.
Back
Top Bottom