Search results for query: *

• Users: slite
  • Order by date
  1. slite

2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Sorry for late reply and happy new year to all!

The village name I first encountered the laggy scene is Hysetun in East Engla. The graphical glitch also seemed to go along with a missing NPC, when I get a bounty quest in a village with that scene I can't seem to find the wanted man no matter how much I look or what part of day (I never try to look at night). All other villages I've been to seem to be okay and the wanted NPC is always there. Maybe I just really can't find the guy? Not a biggie but still annoying since it's inevitable to fail the quest or abandon it not due to gameplay reasons. It just seemed connected to new scenes, too.
  2. slite

Alright, sorry for the late reply, had to test it out so I don't waste your time.
    I've found the WSE files just like you said, didn't use them while installing, left them alone now too.

Great news! Seems I no longer have red errors! It's the 'B Patch' that solved it, I think.

I can finally play an up-to-date version of Brytenwalda - Reworked, battles are playable now!

Okay hope it's not too much as a final touch some new village scenes (new to Reworked) are very laggy as in I can hardly move without eyestrain. Yes my PC is very old but any other scenes/battles I get on highest detail with barely a stutter, so I guess something in some specific scenes is causing the unbearable lag. One example I'm sure of is the scene with the village fort with a couple of buidlings and a little watchtower also village's housing is outside along a river, as far as I remember.

In short, is there any way for me to revert some village scenes, or just replace them with generic ones from Brytenwalda 1.41 vanilla or even other mods? I realize this is in no way a bug or glitch but it's the last real obstacle to having a great time with the mod. So how do I identify what scenes are for what villages on the map and then replace them? What files would I need to play around with?

Anyway, you've already answered my important questions, so thank you again for all your work on the mod and being active as much as you can on the forums. Cheers!
  3. slite

Sure, reply is appreciated at any time really! Yes I did note the flail WSE connection but I still didn't understand how could I eliminate this altogether. I did not use any files specifically for WSE. I installed regular files and then B Patch. What do you mean by 'pick right items kinds from the patch'?

Do I need to edit out flails as items for this error  to never show?

And what is this 'normal' itemkinds1 you mention?
    Sorry if my questions come off as dumb but I don't see all this explained anywhere, maybe you made it clear in your previous posts and I didn't follow through, my bad if that's the case.

Good news is I started a new game and so far no red error! So maybe it's all good this time, anyway I won't report even if it happens again since it's already been noted multiple times.
  4. slite

How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

Definitely haven't given up on Brytenwalda, quite the contrary - I hope Reworked will be updated and I pray that I can finally get it running - it would be so sweet!
  5. slite

Hi there gdwitt, been some time but my interest in Brytenwalda resurfaced and so I updated my 27 version with the B patch. So far so good the mod runs smooth apart from some new village scenes lag due to my old PC, that's not the mod's fault even though it would be cool if you could point me how to 'restore' the old scenes if that's even possible, from an old version of Brytenwalda maybe or even from another mod?

Anyway, all this is minor, the major bug with my install is once again the 'walls of red text' I get during battles, mainly  in open party vs party battles (not quest battles or bandit hideout raids, for example).

I have several other mods installed and working properly, no script errors like this. Gekokujo Daimyo Edition is the only other mod I have this issue with and it clearly requires WSE that I just can't get to work.
    As far as I understand, WSE is no longer really required by Reworked and shouldn't cause bugs if not used.  I've installed the mod as instructed and then applied latest mini-patch B. So what am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated, if you can spare a minute or two.. I realise you surely have other more imporant matters to attend to right now and thanks again for working on this awesome mod still!
  6. slite

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Leonion said:
    Oldtimer, please put walls of text like that under spoiler.
    battle_size_min and battle_size_max don't mean anything. You can't decrease BS range without module system or knowing how to edit .txt files.

mission_templates
    mst_lead_charge lead_charge 65538  8
    You_lead_your_men_to_battle.

4 1 4160 0 16 40
    0 4160 0 16 0 0 
    4 8320 0 16 40
    4 8320 0 16 0 0 
    mst_castle_attack_walls_belfry castle_attack_walls_belfry 65538  -1
    You_attack_the_walls_of_the_castle...

13 0 8320 256 16 40
    0 8320 256 16 0 0 
    10 4160 256 16 0 0 
    11 4160 256 16 28
    15 4160 256 16 0 0 
    40 135232 256 16 2
    41 135232 256 16 2
    42 135232 256 16 2
    43 135232 256 16 2
    44 135232 256 16 2
    45 135232 256 16 2
    46 135232 256 16 2
    47 135232 256 16 2
    mst_castle_attack_walls_ladder castle_attack_walls_ladder 65538  -1
    You_attack_the_walls_of_the_castle...

12 0 8320 256 16 40
    0 8320 256 16 0 0 
    10 4160 256 16 0 0 
    11 4160 256 16 30
    15 4160 256 16 0 0 
    40 135232 256 16 2
    41 135232 256 16 2
    42 135232 256 16 2
    43 135232 256 16 2
    44 135232 256 16 2
    45 135232 256 16 2
    46 135232 256 16 2
    Every instance of
    1930 2 [number] [number]
    and every instance of
    2147483678 2 [number] [number] that comes before each relevant 1930 2 [number] [number] and is the closest to it
    in the aforementioned mission templates
    Decrease numbers in bold.

Hi there, I'm sorry to be asking an already answered question from so long ago, but the truth is I want to play this mod so bad and I just can't because of the new PoP battle size default. No matter what I choose ingame or try to edit in the options/module file the game spawns a minimum of 100 (or 150?) soldiers on the battle scenes, which my very outdated PC just can't handle. All other aspects of the mod run fine, better than all other Warband mods to be exact.

Now I read the above post carefully, as well as the next one by the same user and while I admit I am no expert in .txt file editing, this has got me to a stump. All these values, what they represent, how exactly to lower them etc. For example how to divide the number by two, if it's already 2? (I'm not asking mathematically but what would the input be and it's result in-game). Also, the bold numbers in the quote have now changed with the mod version updated several times from then. Now the numbers seem lower (?), do I have to lower them even more in order to get less troops on the field?

I would be so very grateful if someone who feels qualified can tip me into how would I lower my battle size to the Warband native min/max. Please do not judge, some of us around the globe really don't have the finances for a modern rig. Of course I do not blame the mod and it's decision to multiply battle size numbers for the majority of users. I just very much would like to enjoy it, even if I have to do the edits myself, or revert to an older mission_templates.txt (if it's possible) or any other workaround.
  7. slite

FULL-Version+SUBMOD 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.4 New!

Hi there, I installed the mod (as instructed) since many of the tweaks seemed promising. I imported my char and started exploring the game's feel. It is improved indeed, I like it very much. The changes are subtle but noticeable. Now, a couple of days in I got into a battle just to test the new features and tweaks, too.

I seem to be getting a strange skybox bug, (a black void between the sky and the ground) in every battle I tested since installing the mod:

otRtoiM.png

It's a graphical bug, not a crash. I could play the whole battle like that but it's very annoying.

This was not the case in 1257 AD 1.13 AP. I am sure this it's not the mod itself at fault, indeed I am playing Warband on DX7, 1024x768 res, every setting on low (don't ask, really ancient PC specs). I still don't feel that should be an issue, since like I said I play all Warband mods with this setup with no issue whatsoever.

EDIT: It seems I've solved the issue, for some reason I couldn't run the mod in DX9 but when I fixed that and ran in that mode the issue is not present. Of course I knew all along it wasn't really the a mod issue but a system issue but at least it's fixed now and I can play this great mod! A huge thank you for the devs and cheers to all players here!
  8. slite

Spear Overhaul (overhand + underhand attack animations, stat changes)

No download link, really? Would really like to use this mod, so tired of the awful spears in Warband..  :facepalm:
  9. slite

Brytenwalda Realism Mod 0.5

gdwitt, does your Brytenwalda Reworked project include this Realism mod's tweaks or similar ones?

If not, are the two compatible, what do you think?
  10. slite

Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Hey there everyone, I just started a new Daimyo Edition 3.0 game (with fixes) but pretty soon I was getting the annoying red line script errors. After a brief search I found out Aruda advices players to use WSE or 'warband tamer' to cut down on errors and bugs.

So my question is: what is this mysterious 'Warband Tamer' that I can't find any info on at all? It can even hardly be found mentioned in a thread, let alone a download location? It seems to be an old tool of some sorts now 'dead'. Can anyone provide any info or possibly even a download link to this utility?

Also, how do you get the WSE to work with Warband 1.172 (non-steam)? Aruda says v3.2.0 works OK with all versions but it says it's only for Warband 1.153 (or similar) when I try to load it. I extracted all WSE files in a 'WSE' folder in the Gekokujo mod folder and ran it from there. But I also tried running it from the root M&B:W folder, same result. I also tried WSE 4.5.4, 4.6.0 (with the appropriate Warband exes provided by WSE) and couldn't get them to work either.

The red script seems like just a nuisance but I'm guessing it also means loss of mod functionality.
    Any idea what am I doing (or not doing) wrong?  Thanks in advance!
  11. slite

No problem, actually thank you for announcing the release date. Looking forward to trying it out. I hope it's not irritating to remind you again of a potential upload to Nexus.
  12. slite

Very good! No rush, glad to hear you are open to suggestions to make Reworked even better. As to the slave trader name, I guess any era-appropriate name would do (plus 'the Slaver' at the end?). If we both can't think of something, surely someone on this thread will come up with at least a couple of names!  :grin: Have a nice trip out of town.
  13. slite

Do not hold off if you have spare time, please! There are many of us waiting for updates for this awesome submod, even if most of us don't post on the forums. I have an older version of Reworked and I'm wondering whether to update now or wait for the next one, which you say is days away. Guess I better wait.

Is this 'Jabba' thing true? If it is, isn't it a bit immersion-breaking (it's your mod of course, you can do whatever you want, just an opinion). Like you say, game-breaking stuff should always be a priority. I guess stuff such as names can be easily fixed to fit everyone's individual taste. If you can point us to the specific files that need editing, that would be great. Keep up the great work!  :party:

One last request, if it's not too much: when done, please upload the updated version to Nexus, too (like the last patch from May), for some reason other link doesn't work for me! Thanks loads.
  14. slite

Kameraden said:
    Ya but it isn't perfect.  It has some minor bugs.  Like the world map "character" when on horse looks like stock Mount & Blade instead of Gekokujo.  Among a few other minor things I've noticed.  But oddly that one bugs me more than any other. 

My thoughts exactly. I just opened this topic to see if there is a fix posted by someone for this minor issue or if the latest update fixes it. It's just everything else looks so nice and polished and then theres this vanilla icon not fitting at all, when we all know Gekokujo already has both player and AI char 'samurai' icons. Please address this or maybe someone competent in modding can point us to how we can fix it ourselves.

For example I have Gekokujo 3.1 separately installed, where these icons are all good. Can't I somehow copy their files and then edit a game file to use them instead? Seems simple but I don't know what files to look for.

Thanks for the awesome mod, fixing such minor stuff will only make it even better!
  15. slite

BobTheWalrus said:
    Hi, I have an problem when I try to start a new game. When I do so mount and blade crashes and replies with an error saying 'Unable to open Modules/Gekokujo/troops.txt'. Any idea what the issue is? Sorry if i'm being an idiot.

You can try the 'startup' fix in the first post of the thread. Fixed crash at startup for me.
  16. slite

First of all, I'd like to thank Aruda for sharing this awesome submod. It really breathes new life into Gekokujo, you can feel that right away! The mod feels and looks great, runs smoothe and stable (for now).

Hope it's not annoying to ask the same question like another poster in the thread: is there no way to implement any (most/all?) Gekokujo 3.1 features in Daimyo Edition (such as gates in sieges)? Did you not include those on purpose or it's just too much of a headache to do so? Anyway, I'm not complaining, the submod is great without these couple of minor features. It's just I feel for players who have been playing 3.1 for quite a while, adding them would make Daimyo just the perfect Gekokujo experience.

Also, two things stand out as minor issues more than bugs or problems.

1) As someone already pointed out, the party icon on the strat map looks as the default Warband one and not the new and kinda lone samurai/samurai with party icons.
    2) Again mentioned but when fighting battles alongside allies even a newbie player has control of the whole army. Maybe good gameplay wise but not realistic and I'd personally like to be able to control my own party only. I will use the fix provided in the thread but it would be nice if this was an optional feature.

Keep up the good work Aruda, wish you well!
  17. slite

Thanks again for the answers, everyone! Indeed your assumption seems to be correct - I am using Win XP (I know, I know but as John Lennon put it - I'm not the only one). So Google Chrome is not updating properly due to withdrawn support for older OS. I tried opening the link with IE or even Opera but I get the same error. Maybe it's my old PC and OS then. Shame, I love the changes that have been done to Brytenwalda in Reworked version. Oh well, I'll stick to Brytenwalda 1.41 then. Unless of course an alternative link is given (at least for the patches), but I fully understand this is too much to ask for one guy out there. So if circumstances change, I'll gladly play Reworked, if not - it's not the end of the world  :mrgreen: Thank you again for awesome modding and support, be healthy everyone and keep up the amazing work!  :wink:
  18. slite

Thanks for the quick answer, I really am able to play and I do get red errors from time to time. For some reason I can't open the above poster's link, which seems the same as the one on the first page of this topic. I use Chrome, but couldn't open it in IE too. I get the error: "This site can’t provide a secure connection
    www.kirmiziperfect.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"
    Weird. Since I probably don't have the latest version or Reworked, I won't post some minor bugs I encountered until I'm sure I have the appropriate patch. Cheers!
  19. slite

Hi all, this looks like a great rework of Brytenwalda! I would like to ask some simple questions and I'm sorry if the answers are already in the thread but I just couldn't find them.

I downloaded the version from Nexus, primary link doesn't work for me. Is this the latest version?
    If it's not the latest version, where do I get the 'latest patch' (I didn't see link to any patch)?
    Is the mod compatible with M&B: Warband 1.158? I installed and tried playing, seems to work with some minor bugs that I can report in the bug thread. (If it turns out the version I have is latest and it is 1.158 compatible.)

Thank you in advance!
  20. slite

BUG Reports v 1.38 (Read first page before post)

Hi guys, Brytenwalda is simply an EPIC mod, keep up the great work!!  :grin:

Anyway, I stumbled upon a strange bug in my campaign: I'm at war with Brycheiniog (as a vassal of Gwynedd), we assaulted Brycheiniog and captured it. After the battle, for no apparent reason, there were two enemy lords with some leftover troops still garrisoned in the town? How is that even possible? Don't I have to kill or capture all enemies in order to capture the town in the first place?

It gets weirder because in time (and in practically no time) the enemy lords - Brycheiniog ruler was one of them - accumulated a sizable force (400+). Maybe they just cured a lot of wounded soldiers. Still, they  appear to be garrisoned alongside the Gwynedd troops and the enemy lords are there with the Gwynedd lords inside the Great Hall. Is this some conspiracy or what?  :grin:

The same thing happened before with an enemy lord in a castle captured from Powys, but eventually the enemy lord inside left and roamed the countryside.

Also, my faction destroyed Powys, but their ruler was still alive and running around the map. I captured him in battle (he had no other troops whatsoever, not fair at all), and when I did, it seems I trigerred war. How could there be war with a destroyed faction? Did peace with the ruler of a faction come with our faction eliminating his? I simply don't get it.

This may have been mentioned before, but I saw some pirates (Dena pirates?) roaming the countryside in their boat animation, also boat speed (7.5, I think). Seems they invented the hovercraft early..  :lol:

Astonishing mod, I have to point out again.
Back
Top Bottom