Search results for query: *

1. Sir_Dara

Resolved can't increase cohesion

I can add that this issue started with patch 1.6.5 and continued on the beta 1.7, because I had an army going before I switched to the first one and I could restore the army cohesion without issue, but after that it stopped and the army WAS made entirely by clan members' parties
  2. Sir_Dara

Morrigan quest problem, can't enter Aileach

I've found myself in the same situation after I decided to 'steal' the book the shipwright of Ribe asked me to retrieve (the abbot of the monastery that had the book decided to give me the book but said to the clan that owned it that I was viking that stole it) and it made me an enemy to that faction. Perhaps you did something similar?
  3. Sir_Dara

The Most important Poll: Morrigan or Solveig?

"Morrigan or Solveig?"

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg
  4. Sir_Dara

[Read 1st post] Viking Conquest RE: Issues

In multiplayer, I can't pick up any weapon or armor besides the default ones.
  5. Sir_Dara

Two Questions

I've a couple of question regarding the single player: I've seen and used the option to leave some troops in a camp in order to go with less men (for instance when you have to go to Ulf's farmstead). However, I've never tried to leave them for a long time, so I don't know if they disband if you...
  6. Sir_Dara

Troublesome Ireland

kraggrim said:
    You can also reset relations by swearing fealty to a king (who's not at war with the kingdom you want peace with), then just renounce your allegiance straight afterwards. You lose -20 relations with that king so just do it with some nobody like the head of Brycheniog.

I'm doing the Storyline, should I just keep going with the main quest and swear fealty with the Saxons?
  7. Sir_Dara

Troublesome Ireland

Alright, I need help with a quest in Ireland and this might be considered a spoiler, so... I'm sorry if I don't make sense or if this is not the right section, I've written this almost at 1:00 pm and English is not my first language, the two of this together make this topic very difficult to...
  8. Sir_Dara

I Can't Shield bash (Need Help)

In single player is unlocked with the acquisition of a special trait, Tough. There, you and your warriors will bash the shields together as you press T.

The default controls for Shield Bashing is indeed Block + Q, perhaps you have changed the keys?
  9. Sir_Dara

Islamic Militants Capture Beloved Member of Dev Team

DerHerbst said:
    Oh damn I totally forgot about April Fools Day!!!  Oh well the joke is spent...

With this we shall assume you are a jerk all year?  :razz:
  10. Sir_Dara

Incoming update

I've seen that the beta of the patch 1.04 is already available, but I prefer to wait for the complete update. Since it brings a lot of changes, should I restart my campaign in order to avoid problems or it should be fine? I've just defended the villaga of Doccinga from Sven's raiders, and I'm...
  11. Sir_Dara

Navigation

FelipeII said:
    Agreed with florinteal, I guess the sailors become worthy when you have a great fleet of boats.
    A good companion to be made navigator is:
    Agathinos, the greek. Because of his high INT

Ah, I remember there was another one with something like 4 Navigation, but I don't remember the name. It was the Scandinavian that wanted to train the troops rather than send right away to the battlefield, but his previous master didn't agree.
  12. Sir_Dara

So...

kalarhan said:
    Sir_Dara said:
    Are you sure about this? Because I managed to proceed within the Saxon story-line (but I didn't complete it) by being a mercenary to the Kingdom of Wessex.

he was asking if he can be a king and do the quest :

having conquered Friesa

Yes I know. I think his problem is that as King he would never swear fealty to another one. But if he was a mercenary I guess it would be less disgraceful.
  13. Sir_Dara

What to do when kingdom at peace?

If you are planning to be a historically correct Viking, then you should go far and wide trading with people you will raid the next month.
  14. Sir_Dara

So...

Are you sure about this? Because I managed to proceed within the Saxon story-line (but I didn't complete it) by being a mercenary to the Kingdom of Wessex.
  15. Sir_Dara

Bleeding injuries feature

XxOstiaxX said:
    Yes you can bleed to death, it happened to me once, i was low on health, and then i died, it said you bleedout because of injuries.

Precisely. Once your Hp are very low, bleeding becomes a real danger. You pretty much start to lose 1 HP every second. But mind, this happens when you have 20-15% or less health.
  16. Sir_Dara

Archers in battles?

florinteal said:
    Yes, they are. Bows are undersold in this mod, they still work well for the player if you go for headshots or for your units if you mass them. My strategy for taking Dun Taruo is to put about 20-30 warrior archers in a line a ways from the ladders and lead my foot soldiers into a charge. The screen just becomes a constant scroll of "blah killed by Warrior Archer (Heimthegi)" until they run out of arrows. In general they're far deadlier if you can flank the enemy with your foot soldiers and distract them into exposing their side or back to your archers.

That's because the Heimthegi are the best archers in game. In fact, I think they have a different type of bow from the common Longbow, for their weapons is longer and thicker. Also they are good in melee, so even if they run out of arrows or they are not effective you can still use them as footmen, unlike the other archers that are basically peasants with bow (which makes sense).
    So this pretty much answers to the OP question, as they are right now, archers are not worth to be used.
  17. Sir_Dara

overhead spear with shield

I'm not sure about Javelins and Horseman Javelins. They are not meant to be used in melee. They are light, fitting for being throw at far distances and with precision. Throwing spears on the other end are heavy, meant to be used against close range enemies and are better as melee weapon (actually they are even better than the normal spears, having a 39 thrust damage vs a 30 of the Heavy Spear)
    I think it will be a fair trade if the Light Spears, War Spears, Heavy Spears and the Throwing ones would have the upper attack animation with shields. After all, their reach is usually below the 160, which it's not even the double size of a sword, so they wouldn't be exaggerated.
  18. Sir_Dara

overhead spear with shield

I'm personally annoyed about how spears work in VC, especially if you consider that the other types of weapons are just the one handed making just two choices of weapons. Many times I've found myself facing an opponent, using a board&spear technique, only to have all my attacks parried by simply holding a button by both Bots and Players. Also, in VC it's more important where you strike with your weapon than in Warband and spears are mostly aimed to hit the belly, which is also the most armored part so usually an attack tends to end with a bounce (and the inevitable sword right to my head, which can make it explode), so having the possibility to do an overhead attack to hit the helmet can help a lot, especially in Viking Invasion mode where it's easy to be overwhelmed by bots. 
    But, guys, there are different types of spears. What about leaving the long spears just like they are right now and making the short ones capable to do an overhead attack with shield? After all, I can imagine that a long spear wielded with one hand require more strength, if not for the weight, at least for the length, while the short ones can compensate the lack of reach with more maneuverability, making them worth to be taken. Also, this will make them available in a shield-wall because with the two handed overhead attack they hit nothing because most of the length of the spear is occupied by the hands.

Speaking of the animation, I've noticed that in SP, when I command my men to form the shield-wall, my animation of attacking with the spear change, with the trusting attack of sword, so I attack with my spear over my shield. Perhaps this can be a base for a new overhead animation? Or maybe it is a bug, I dunno.

19. Sir_Dara

story campaign / meeting solveig

Ivan Khan said:
    Sir_Dara said:
    I've noticed that if Solveig get's knocked down and you approach her "body" before you return to the world map, it will appear the dialogue. But you better try to keep her alive.

I added a shield to her equipment, and it sure makes it easier to keep her alive. Now I mostly have to worry about the heavily armored guy.

Make sure to have a spear in your inventory. Since the upper attack is aligned to hit the head of the opponent, it will strike critical attacks most of time and ignore the armor (also I think he doesn't wear a helmet at all, so prepare for blood explosions).
  20. Sir_Dara

story campaign / meeting solveig

I've noticed that if Solveig get's knocked down and you approach her "body" before you return to the world map, it will appear the dialogue. But you better try to keep her alive.
Back
Top Bottom