Search results for query: *

1. Kellick

Buy land for a profitable venture

Grummen said:
    tyrannicide said:
    Chances this has been enabled in 1.126 because of this here Kellick's find and thread? Anyone?

Not to diminish the efforts of Kellick, but I think this was released because they actually finished the last bit of work on it,  i.e. completing the scenes for the various shops. As far as I could tell, that was pretty much the only thing left to be done.

LOL yeah, I am inclined to agree with you. All I did was collect info to try to figure out a little bit more about how the games economic engine works and stumble across a few discrepancies.  Although I'm sure all the feedback this thread generated didn't hurt anything.

Still, I did just check and more than a few of my bug reports have been marked fixed so I am very happy about that.
  2. Kellick

Just a small update since I am not playing until the next patch is released (at least for beta) and the module system synchronized to the live module.
    I added Monnikje's analysis to the main post (another spoiler to keep the page size reasonable) which if you follow Me, Floris you read last chapter.
  3. Kellick

AAR: Me, Floris | Completed | Chapter 60 & Epilogue posted (19-09-2015)

Nice analysis of the businesses Monn, I may quote you for the business guide.
    I've been laying low and doing something else since I found all the discrepancies in the module system, waiting for next patch.
  4. Kellick

Proof of max shot difficulty is 14.4 ?

LOL that's awesome Naimar.

Firearms skill exists in the game, it just isn't enabled for it to be displayed (there's an option in module.ini I believe) but if you go into cheatmenu and give yourself a flintlock and cartridges you can use it, and your skill will go up (you'll get the improve messages) even though your character sheet won't show the skill.
  5. Kellick

@Perin- I made corrections to the initial post, although any in between I didn't. After looking through the scripts I didn't find anything about renown (that isn't conclusive there is no check though, it is highly possible I could have missed it). That being said, I tend to pick the impoverished noble background and I did so for my tests with new toon so it might be that I started with enough. You should still see the option if you have enabled the menu tweak (or turn on cheatmenu)

@William - Not a stupid question at all. It depends what version of the module system they compiled the mod with as I believe it is new to 1.12 (possibly 1.125) This is a feature that Taleworlds is still testing; it isn't something I created.
  6. Kellick

Hey Monn, speaking of trade. Did you notice if Suno stopped producing wine in volume since you updated?
  7. Kellick

Proof of max shot difficulty is 14.4 ?

sirinan said:
    Pretty sure it's also based on your movement speed (on a horse) and the target's movement speed as well. I get large numbers of 12.0/14.4 shots when circling troops on a courser at a distance which would probably net a 5.0 or 6.0 if I was standing still.

It isn't. Pretty sure Ruthven is right. I've gotten 14.4 shots in sieges pretty easily, and I think you can get them in the arena longway from 1 end to the other.
  8. Kellick

Am i supposed to lose my horse for good?

It happens.
    Has happened since 1.1 or before.
    If your horse is killed in battle sometimes you get lucky and nothing happens to it, sometimes it will become lame, sometimes it is killed for good.
    I am not positive but I suspect party surgery skill may modify the chance just like it does for soldiers being wounded instead of killed.
  9. Kellick

reorganised armor system?

The reason it would be useless is because aside from shields and horses, items do not degrade.
    While it would add to the immersiveness, it would also add to micromanagement headaches.
    Armor values could probably stand a bit of tweaking, but yes, even cloth does provide some barrier value.
  10. Kellick

cant trade

If the villages around Curaw are getting looted repeatedly then that means no iron is coming in.
    Also if let's say the Nords conquered Curaw but not any of the nearby castles, those villages will start going to the nearest town still held by the Vaegir to trade.

There is a natural tendency for the economy to get worse in this game because constant raids and sieges lower prosperity and prosperity affects production.
    There are also far fewer things that raise prosperity and it also seems to me like the "normalization" (prosperity moving back up or down towards "ideal prosperity") is not happening with the new patch.
  11. Kellick

who doesnt raid villages

Most games I do not raid. I tend to go the honorable route, also because many villages might be looted at the same time sometimes you need to take troops where you can get them and so it doesn't do to have negative relations, I make a lot of my money trading and raiding villages is bad for the economy.

If I am playing in an "rp" fashion where I have set certain limits on myself to make the game more interesting I might. For instance if I decide to play as a particular faction and only use their troops then I am more inclined to raid other factions villages. Especially if I am not doing much trading.
  12. Kellick

garisons

I know training, leadership and tactics work for lords.
    I am not sure about the rest. Although they play by many of the same rules as we do they don't play by all of them.
    Haven't verified whether or not prisoner management skill affects how many prisoners they can cart around or not.
    I would expect pathfinding to work for them but it would be hard to verify.
  13. Kellick

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Actually it is steppe horses - Khergit and Vaegir
    Desert horses - Khergit and Sarranid
    Sarranid horses - Sarranid
    Charger - Swadia and Rhodok
    All other horses everywhere
    Also this goes by current faction instead of original faction and so if say the Nords conquered all of Swadia and Rhodok then there would be no more chargers.
    If the Rhodoks conquered the Sarranids eventually the Sarranid horses would disappear from those towns but chargers would start appearing.
  14. Kellick

Grummen said:
    Kellick said:
    So Grummen, did having a negative relationship with the town itself prevent startup?
    Or was it only the lord who mattered?

Both actually, you have to have neutral or positive standing with the lord AND the town.

k good that's what I was expecting
  15. Kellick

Factionize items tool

Something else I noticed while going through 1.125 module system and compiling.
    Aside from the merchant of Shariz all the intro quest merchants have wrong faction. The brother is also faction 2.
    I had items that were showing up for certain factions that I just could not find where they were coming from and so I started going all the way up and down the troop list.
    The pretenders also have some strange (for their faction) gear choices which will also put some unexpected things in.
    Also all the quickbattle pc toons are faction 1. A few other wierd ones.
  16. Kellick

garisons

Oh, another thing I have noticed about garrisons (this only affects player controlled garrisons) is that with the new formula that determines enemy strength putting more emphasis on troop level the old sound advice of packing a town full of recruits is not so sound anymore.

Where it used to pretty much just take the number and so 400 recruits was better than 100 huscarls I am finding that to no longer be the case.
  17. Kellick

Faction economy i need help!!!!!!

Remedius said:
    KillerDudeMan said:
    I find that giving a ton of goods to the villages surrounding the city and the city help A LOT. My town (Halmar) was the poorest city, now it's the richest. Just gotta do it several times.

Give them goods? Really - I thought the idea was to buy goods from them just like the towns - surely the goods are the product of their labours a town would be lucky if it were to produce it's own resources

For the most part raw materials are produced in villages and manufactured goods are produced in towns as one would expect.
    All towns produce some grain & grapes because they have 1000 acres each of their own. Some have thier own salt pans.
    All villages also have 1 mill and 1 pottery kiln.
    But that iron you buy in Curaw for instance comes from the local villages, there are no iron deposits in Curaw itself.
    So if the villager parties are prevented from bringing the iron in the supply will dryup, prices will go up, tool production will grind to a halt, etc.

I made some tables from data extracted from the game files in my thread on "buying land for a productive enterprise".
    I am not going to link the thread because I am planning on moving a lot of that data into its own post soon.
  18. Kellick

[B] Warband Realistic MOD for 1.113

Rad said:
    **** me, another "realism" in game. Where do you take certainty what you will be presented in your mod will be real? Are you an expert at medieval weapons or fighting or history?  :???:  :razz:
    and
    Phoss said:
    Gotta love a 'realism' mod based on the creators subjective opinion about weapons. Unless y'all are experts on medieval weaponry and fighting styles this is a complete a waste of time.
    and
    Sir_Hal said:
    This isn't realistic at all. Archers would have carried around 10 to 20 arrows in their quiver, 100 arrows is just stupid.

This is more of an 'arcadey' kinda mod.
    and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

oh yeah, and
    blacklimo said:
    Familyguy1 said:
    douchebaggery

LOL...  I luv the internets....  this word gets my vote for word of the year :smile:  I may start using it in preference to "asshattery"

Very tough call.
  19. Kellick

Monn, everyone, there is actually a new metalic sounds 2.2
    Which is good cause I been afraid to use it since the patch but I hate not having it.

Sat, Jun-19-2010

-Re-compiled the mod with the 1.125 module system - hopefully this fixes problems people have been having with the new patches
    -Fixed problem with new grunt voice not playing when stunned
  20. Kellick

So Grummen, did having a negative relationship with the town itself prevent startup?
    Or was it only the lord who mattered?
Back
Top Bottom