Search results for query: *

1. Raistlain

SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Preview looks fantastic. Great job. Any idea on when the next update is due out? Keep up the good work
  2. Raistlain

SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

mat2rivs said:
    I just sent a PM off to Waihti asking him about merging his mod with The Gathering Storm.  I actually already successfully (at least it appears so) merged The Gathering Storm on top of Diplomacy 3.3.2+, but I want to be sure he's still ok with other mods merging in his content.  And, since that version of Diplomacy used the 1.134 module system, I suppose TGS just entered the modern era.

Happiest news of my life when combined with the other awesome features.
  3. Raistlain

Vieira151 said:
    Ah cool. Do having the darkfriend's in your group have any effect on your party? Morale drops, or something?(assuming you aren't a lord/vassal of teh shadowspawn)

As far as ive noticed darkfriends dont negatively affect your units, unless you have been killing other darkfriends. Just the same as how morale drops for units of a faction youve been fighting.

Just a quick question, (book spoiler ahead)
    is there a plan to include the black tower at any point? Maybe have it appear half way through, then have it maybe get converted to the shadowspawn, as it seems like it might be serving them, especially considering Taim's comment "let the Lord of Chaos rule"
  4. Raistlain

Please post the results that the character creation has on you. It would be fun to see how awesome serving Shadar Logoth or Shayol Ghul would be. Plus it gives us a good idea of what we can change. Great mod as usual, loving the update. Definitly addressed my biggest concerns over founding a kingdom.
  5. Raistlain

Notsure said:
    Im just wondering are there limitations in warband that prevent things like making patrols out of troops or creating lords when you establish your own kingdom ?

In native there are no options to create patrols. The diplomacy mod, used in a majority of mods and a fantastic mod at that, does allow the option to send out patrols just like the ai does. This is great to protect cities from bandits and such. I dont know how hard it is to implement, but I would again like to encourage the wonderful Mat to consider implementing the Diplomacy mod. I believe it is open source afterall and it could give a number of good features.  Or even the  Open Source Project Warband - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126993.0.html - which includes Diplomacy and Custom Commander options that would fit well into the themes of Wheel of Time and all the actions that the characters undertake. Especially Rahvin's domination of Andor, Sammuel's domination of Illian, and Graendal's subtle machinations.

I dont want to overwhelm you by any means since you said it was a lot of work. Its just a fun hobby and youre busy. Just something to keep in mind. Great mod again!
  6. Raistlain

Notsure said:
    Yeah i did not get those messages often i sometime for 5-7 in a row for 1-2 actual skillup so i was wondering.Killing with fireball is fine it happens eventualy although a bit slowly but the problem is i get no exp at all for my kills.

Im taking a small break until diplomacy is put in anyway so its no problem , second game now around 180 days and only the shadowspawn is being attacked the rest seem very passive.Almost no point playing until i can influence the king to wage war or manage my own kingdom with the right npcs to help.

Yeah im doing the same thing. It gets really boring after day 120 because factions dont really fight each other other than Shadowspawn and you cant create your own kingdom without losing several features such as recruiting channelers and "outlanders." Great mod but without these it gets boring eventually. Still a great mod though.
  7. Raistlain

Would like to edit mod but need help

Battle size is an easy change to the config file. Im trying to change base party size easily. Morale is also easy to change in the text, you just change the morale per point of leadership to something much higher than the current number. Its one of the only features of TweakMB that wont work on this mod. Food alone will never give you high enough morale by the way since im talking like 250/300+ size armies for everyone and much larger armies in cities/castles. Its usually easy to do, but the way the morale and base party size got changed, its very difficult for me to mod.

Thanks for the help though  :wink:
  8. Raistlain

Would like to edit mod but need help

Im trying to do the same thing. Especially increasing party size and morale for my party and the AI parties, and possibly for castles and towns. The issue with that link is that is only for Mount and Blade, NOT Mount and Blade Warband. Either too much code has changed between these two games or the code has changed too much from the mod for me to change myself. Any help would be appreciated. Overall the game is great, I just like larger scale battles.  :grin:
  9. Raistlain

Bug Reports and known issues v2.3

Im having an issue with the bank menu. As soon as I open the bank menu in reports or at the weekly update of debt, the button to allow me to return to the menu will not work. I can click it and see my debt, and/or any deposits I have made. I have the extended edition along with the patch for the salt mine.
  10. Raistlain

I just wanted to know if there would be a new version coming out soon, as you have mentioned that you had made some changes over the last few weeks. Hopefully this would include the recruiting of channelers and outlanders when you form your own faction  :wink:

I just want to point out again how awesome this mod is and please continue the great work!  :grin:
  11. Raistlain

Ok so I just decided to rebel and create my own faction, but now I cant recruit channelers from any of my villages or towns. It throws a script error:

"SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1610: Invalid Troop ID: 1251386869; LINE NO: 60:
    At dialog consequence:
    dlga_village_elder_channeler_test_final:village_elder_pretalk."

Likewise as mentioned earlier, if you try to recruit outlander units from your villages or towns, there is no dialog option to recruit anyone. As this means that it can become extremely difficult to recruit desired units once a faction is wiped out, can you add or explain to me how I would be able to add the option for me to recruit other units for outlanders in my kingdom?

Maybe a script addition could be made to see if the main city for each troop type was held, and if so then allow me to recruit the base unit. Example: if I capture Shayol Ghul then the outlander option would allow me to recruit the shadowspawn base unit, likewise it would allow the option for "talk in private" to recruit darkfriend channelers. If this would be too difficult to add, would you be able to just add all the default types then we can choose to either pick one we want or ignore it entirely.

Doing this would make the end game a lot more fun, which is my favorite part personally in giving fiefs to my lords and invading other factions.
  12. Raistlain

Thanks for the quick response. Final question, if I give the one power to my companions and increase their proficiency, will they use the abilities or will they only use native weapons?

Thanks again for the fantastic mod! :grin:
  13. Raistlain

Two questions, does it unlock weaves when you gain that proficiency or does it check what the proficiency level is and then unlock? I know this sounds odd but if I import a character that already has 200 channeling proficiency when im just starting, will I still have all the weaves from before that?

Second, can you post the proficiency levels needed for the weaves?
  14. Raistlain

Thats wierd, im not sure why ranged blast isnt working for me then. Thank God that at least the fire blast does, else i wouldnt have any good weapon! Also is there the possiblity you could add a weave of a club of air - i.e. used to knock people out rather than kill them so that if we are trying to capture people we could?

One other thing, I havent formed my own faction yet, but when I do, how does it affect the recruitment of "outlanders" in my villages? Will I have no options, will it hopefully be dependant upon the centers I already control, who im friendly with, etc?
  15. Raistlain

Hey I dont know if im the only one having this problem, but ive noticed that the weaves are only irregularly working. Specifically chain lighting is only sometimes working at all. Most of the time it doesnt do any damage or bounce to targets. Also the distance explosion blast  doesnt always do damage or blast people around. They sometimes work and sometimes dont.  Ive made a few changes with tweakmb but not a lot, the only things I changed were the ammo capacity, party sizes for ai and player party, fief build time, and wage reduction for garrisoned troops, as well as changing it so I can speak to lords in private even when they are near other lords. I dont think any of these changes would make the weaves behave inconsitently though.
  16. Raistlain

Oh well thats a good point, I didnt think to just retreat then kill them off real quick lol. It shouldnt harm any of my guys in the retreat right? If it doesnt, then its not a problem at all, I just hadnt thought of that. It might be a good idea to menition on the front page if people are having that issue though.

One other thing, can we send out patrols of our own units to an area? That is one of the commands that you could pull from diplomacy, that way we could send out some of my garisson to protect my fiefs. It would be a nice addition to help protect allies/farmers from bandits and such.

Once again I would like to mention how great this mod is. Well recreated map, great changes with the patch for recruiting. Im really enjoying it, I just hope you can think of some more weaves for battle  :grin: Keep up the great work!
  17. Raistlain

Tumetsu  said:
    Every once in a while, the towns don't show the guild master option.  One reason that I coded in is a siege, the other is bandit attack.  But, it seems like sometimes the option just doesn't show up.  (all towns use the same code for that menu, so I'm not sure what prevents it for a specific town.)  I've found that if I go back in a few days or a week, the guild master will sometimes show up.

I noticed this too, you can still talk to the guild master, you just have to click the take a walk on the streets. When you do you get attacked by bandits, and as soon as they die you get taken back to the city menu and the guild master is there. It works as it should in my opinion.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ive noticed a major problem in my game now when battles are happening. Sometimes when im fighting a battle, units routing will run beyond the edges of the map and my units cant get to them to kill them and they are still counted as being part of the map somehow.Im not sure whats causing it, maybe the ranged defensive blast?
  18. Raistlain

I love the Wheel of Time mod, Ive been looking for a good one for awhile. Also, is it possible to add the diplomacy mod by Waihti? Its a mod which adds a number of additional features for fief management as vassal and as king. Its obviously not directly related to WOT but its a lot of fun and has had great reviews from the community. It should fit the world fairly well though because the lords and ladies in the series have a lot of responsabilites. Here is a copy of the features and a link to the mod:

As vassal

•Persuasion attempts to convince your king to start a war
    •Appoint a chamberlain, who will decrease tax inefficiency by 10% and gives you the ability to set tax rates.  Taxes also have an effect on center relation and prosperity. In addition he will take care of paying wages and collecting income as well as giving you the possibility to secure your money
    •Let your companions pick items from the chamberlain item pool (autoloot)
    •Appoint a constable who recruits and trains troops and provides information about garrisons and troops of lords
    •Send patrols to important locations
    •Appoint a chancellor who sends gifts and messengers to other lords
    •Village and town riots may occure if the people hate you and have to pay high tax rates. Counter them or negotiate with the leader.
    •Let your spouse buy some food (I know, it has nothing to do with diplomacy but it's fun  )
    •Pay staff salary (you knew that a woman will cost money before you married her  )
    •Troops will start running away if you go into debts (this also applies to garrisons)
    •Return fiefs to your king, he won't like this, though
    •Move your residence (via spouse)
    •Negotiate Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms if defending your own keeps and towns
    •Affiliate to families
    •Send scouts to settlements  (since 3.0)
    •Pay to avoid defeat  (since 3.3)

As king

•Threaten other kingdoms with war and try to squeeze money out of them
    •If a faction sues for peace you will have the option to set terms
    •Possiblity to send a gift to another faction (fief or money)
    •Send a spy to another kingdom
    •Form an alliance, conclude a defensive pact, sign a trade agreement or conclude a non-aggression treaty with another faction.
    •Change the domnestic policy of your kingdom. Choose between Centralization/Decentralization, Aristocracy/Plutocracy, Serfdom/Free subjects, Quality/Quantity which affects trade income, vassals armies size, AI army strength, relation between king and vassals as well as tax inefficiency
    •When asking for a truce you will get the option to pay and/or give fiefs to conclude a truce.
    •If another faction recognizes you as king you will have the option to ask for help against your enemy and in certain circumstances support the decision by paying money
    •Choose your faction culture so all your lords will recruit the same type of troops
    •Exchange or release your (own) prisoners
    •Distribute spoils of war after you conquered a town or castle
    •Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom (since 3.0)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html

Also, is there anyway to recruit shadowspawn units? I dont see a village near Shadol Ghul. I would love to play as the shadowspawn for awhile, using an army of trollocs and myadrall to attack other nations, it would be a fun way to play the other side of the story. Maybe just making a village near there to recruit some would be  a good idea. Maybe call it Thakan'dar (the place where the myraddral make their crazy weapons by killing humans) Its a fitting place and there are obviously some shadowspawn there in the books. Final question: do villages recruitment options change with the faction who controls them - i.e., does the capture of maradon by the shadowspawn mean that I  an recruit trollocs from those villages? Sorry for all the questions  :grin:
  19. Raistlain

SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

manekemaan said:
    when using the combined diplomacy and lots of companions, how can i make my vasals recruit player faction troops? The only options i get for kingdom culture is: the 5 normal factions, the new knight factions and foreigners?

Yeah I had the same question, I think it would much more fun to have everyone running around with my own troops. Regardless though, if you pick the faction of one of the Orders, say Order of the Leopard, will all of my lords actually recruit them, as I know that can be difficult to implement from what I understand in other forums?
  20. Raistlain

SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Malik Faris said:
    well, because i dont want you thinking i'm dead-dead, i'm posting to say i've become consumed by another game, and i dont have very many spare moments to work on companions, it doesnt mean my mod is dead but it means i'm preoccupied with other things currently.

dont bother asking for "when will it be done" dates, that never works, when i get back to working on it is when i'll get back to working on it.

Since this was just over a month ago, I dont think hes coming back
Back
Top Bottom