Search results for query: *

1. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

It improves server performance heavily with lots of agents and/or players, because I parallelized the two main bottlenecks (skeletal animation and network replication - figuring out what changes to send to clients).
    It does need a multi-core server to take advantage of that, though.
  2. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Nate said:
    What is the maximum number of parameters you can pass with call_script?
  3. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

There is a hard limit of 65536 vertices per mesh.
  4. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

It means that WSASendTo that the server uses to send UDP packets to a client failed with an error other than WSAEWOULDBLOCK. It cannot be related to url operations, those are done using TCP in a different part of the engine.
  5. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

In scenes some trees are instanced and some are batched into chunks, in the map all of them are batched into chunks (instancing and batching are mutually exclusive).
  6. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

jacobhinds said:
    The tree textures are instanced, as far as I know. That means you can have millions of polygons, even on low-end machines. And covering the map in those simple trees would probably only create a few tens of thousands of polys anyway.
    Instancing is a way to reduce the overhead of drawing several copies of the same mesh (not textures), but it does not affect vertex processing (i.e. polygon complexity and rendering cost). It's also not used by the map; the game batches all trees in a large chunk into a single mesh.
  7. [WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

Here's the plugin source (it's not very polished):
    https://paste.ee/p/6nA0F#hnCszNDCLouF0fQxywTTuTcIitXwXctq
    IIRC the ragdoll soak in that video was WSE2 exclusive and not included in this plugin.
  8. [WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

K700 said:
    -Operations agent_get_item_slot_ammo and get_camera_position removed, because already implemented ingame (agent_get_ammo_for_slot and mission_cam_get_position).
    Was mission_cam_get_position changed in a recent patch? Last time I checked (admittedly a long time ago) it only returned the user-set (mission_cam_set*_) camera position.
  9. B Info Shader Post Process Shaders and Effects (LENSFLARES, SSAO, DOF)

For SSAO you really want to remove any occlusion if the depth difference between two texels is too large.
    For example:
    XK1S5lF.jpg

there is no way that wooden pole ends up occluding a wall 2 meters behind it.
  10. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Lav said:
    SnRolls said:
    Hey guys, Im trying to negate the proficiency of a troop (multiplayer) with (val_mul, reg0, -1) then troop_raise_proficiency,
    but it doesn't seem to work, instead it is still positive...
    You can't decrease weapon proficiencies. Attributes and skills you can, but not proficiencies.
    Actually, troop_raise_proficiency_linear will accept and handle negative values as well.
  11. What actually lags warband when it comes to build systems. "few good questions"

_Sebastian_ said:
    In this case no, I was not talking about a step by step movement.
    You usualy change the position once if you want to move the prop underground.
    Then it's not really about network traffic, but whether you want the prop to sink or teleport (bandwidth difference is negligible anyway, unless you're moving hundreds of props).
    Unless you're doing a 0 duration animate. That's just dumb.
  12. What actually lags warband when it comes to build systems. "few good questions"

_Sebastian_ said:
    For server side (synced to clients) prop movement allways use prop_instance_set_position instead of prop_instance_animate_to_position, cause it will reduce the network traffic this way.
    I think you meant the opposite, since using set_position every frame until a prop reaches its destination will use a ****load of network traffic, while animate_to_position is a one time operation.
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ah, the amazing C++ with its beautiful standard library and tons of very well thought out features.. truly an example for every programming language to follow!

the **** am i reading
  14. Agent_get_defend_action question

Parrying refers to something else, an old mechanic that was introduced and removed during Warband beta testing. There is still some leftover code in the engine, including this value, but it will never be triggered.
  15. [WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Code:
    play_bink_file                = 3025 #(play_bink_file, <path_from_module_directory>, [<duration_in_ms>]), #Plays a .bik file located at <path_from_module_directory>. If [<duration_in_ms>] is not set the full movie will be played
  16. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

No, just sounds. Music is loaded on the fly.
  17. The REAL reason why this DLC is performing bad and crashing - Including Tips-

I know the engine fairly well and I'm pretty sure that having more BRFs has no performance impact whatsoever (aside from an insignificant increase in memory fragmentation).
  18. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Dusk Voyager said:
    If a piece of software uses less RAM than it *should*, that means its CPU and pagefile usage is higher than normal, slowing down the system.
    No, it doesn't slow down anything. It just crashes when trying to address more than 2GB of memory, whereas a large address application can go up to 4.
  19. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

The Bowman said:
    This is not entirely a mod related question, but there is one thing which really bugs me. My Warband executable uses only up to 2Gb RAM out of the 4Gb available. Other games make full use of it. Is there any solution to this?

(I have a 64-bit system).
    The_dragon said:
    You can't. Warband engine is 32 bit, so it can use only up to 2 GB.
    Actually, you can. If you patch a 32 bit executable to be large address aware it will be able to use up to 4GB on a 64 bit OS.
  20. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

It means the game is trying to find a mesh with an invalid name (0). In some parts of the MS 0 means no mesh, in some others it doesn't and this will happen when you use it.
Back
Top Bottom