Search results for query: *

1. Abominog

Regarding random crashes

Kitfux said:
    Abominog, could you put up the modified soundfiles as an optional download for this or the next patch of 1866? I'm a bit intimidated by the "don't try this at home, kids" comment by the guy who found this out  :oops:

I'll be doing a little more testing with this ( but at the moment I'm sick a dog with the Flu ) but it looks promising - since we use the sound files also from Vanilla I don't think you could distribute them modified so what I was thinking of doing was creating a batch file to make all the mp3's into wav as this will be a smaller download since the music alone at 22khz is 679mb and at 44khz it's over  1gb
  2. Abominog

Regarding random crashes

I had always suspected the sound system was screwed and in reading that I went about and converted all the music and Sounds to wav files and started playing again.

Like a few on here I also crashed at random places - after Converting all files I haven't had a crash yet. :smile:
  3. Abominog

New Town,Forts,Villages

Keeping in mind the Current map we have and available space on it - what would you like to see added ? Also when a Town or Fort is added 1 to 2 Villages are assigned to each. So if 1 Town 1 Fort is added per main Faction that would be 4 Towns,4 Forts & 8 Villages
  4. Abominog

Who designed Puerta del Desierto?

Shrugging Khan said:
    Climbed all the slow-arse ladders to get to the perp, fell off the last one, went unconscious, had to climb them all again.

So you basically hate Puerta del Desierto because you fell off a Ladder  :lol:
  5. Abominog

Shrugging Khan said:
    You'd bite his hand if every you have to do a bounty mission there  :wink:

So what sort of Problem are you having with bounty missions at Puerta del Desierto ????
  6. Abominog

alabaman said:
    It's the most complex village I've seen in this mod. It's almost as big as a town. If I ever found out who made it I'd shake his hand.

I did and thankyou for your compliment  :grin:  It was very fun to make and have plans to make more like it and even a Full Town Scene.

Even though I received Complaints about ladders in the scene everyone has to remember the limitations of the engine and space - in a shootout on the scene the best way to get up the Village is to use the Ladder at the Back around to the Right (that's why I placed it there  :wink:  )

I did however make a Full town scene and showed it to YM but he crashes on it  :roll: so it seems the engine has it's limits depending on your hardware and now I have to scale my Ideas down a little to compensate since I run on a i7 950  with 12gb ram and a GTX 295 .

Expect more of the same and Thanks again
  7. Abominog

1866 - Scene Releases (v0.9.x only)

Since a Scene has no Code and does not effect game play in any way except for making things look better for you guys I've decided to release any scene I've Updated or Completely redone. This is good as you don't have to wait for the next patch or major Release and you get to play in the areas as...
  8. Abominog

1866 - Post your Videos (v0.9.x only)

tomandre81 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96FGO6o9WHM

The Unknown episode 1

tomandre81 that was excellent :smile: keep up the great work mate  :mrgreen:
  9. Abominog

HunterAlpha1 said:
    Smissen said:
    TitoWasFat said:
    some Alamo nostalgia
    "http://www.youtube.com/embed/CmeFTtfV8vE"

You were there too? I defended the wooden palisade with
    Davy Crockett and his boys from Tennessee. I faked my death,I acted If I got shot
    and after the battle I crawled away inch by inch...... And
    I'll tell ya folks' its a long way to crawl to San Antonio de Bexar.
    sooo... i take it you're a vampire? :razz:
    Can we stay on Topic here please.

This Thread is about making Videos of 1866 and NOT about main stream Movies - if you want to talk about this Movie then I suggest you create another thread.

Thx
  10. Abominog

Scene Feedback

Thanks for all the feedback buys it's good to see you are enjoying the new scenes - I'll do a check of all the commanders rooms and make sure I didn't miss any more chests.

yeah Camp Luther is great to attack and Defend and I hope to make all the Forts as big :smile:

11. Abominog

Easter Egg in Buena Fortuna!

alabaman said:
    When you're in Buena Fortuna, try going outside the walls and you'll see a small brick house. It has bushes inside it, but behind them lies a decayed man with a revolver and a book near him. I'm assuming this might be a reference to something.

You will have to post a pic of what you see as I don't think that is my Easter egg/Signiture - My Signiture is always the Smoking Bowler hat skeleton with a revolver and nothing else - as seen in these pics
    mountblade2011-04-2207-48-01-97.jpg

mountblade2011-04-2207-49-57-43.jpg

So any scene like Commanders room etc will have one :smile:
  12. Abominog

Scene Feedback

John_Friendly said:
    wasn't there a seperate scene for sieges? or do i recall it incorrect?
    cause now the door is also blown up when i just visit it normally, hehe.
    No there is only the one scene - things are added or removed to a scene when you siege it.
  13. Abominog

Scene Feedback

Crossbow Joe said:
    I really like the scenes. I was walking around in the El Rio commandants room and I was really impressed. The thing I like about most 1866 scenes is that each  scene seems unique.
    Also for those that like Easter Eggs I have added one to every scene I have completely built or totally remodelled
    Could you give us any hints? :wink:

That's what I set out to do to have each scene Unique - nothing worse than looking at the same scene every time  :grin:
    The Easter Egg is the horse riding gun tootin bowler hat wearing smoking skeleton in my image here ( minus the horse lol )
    peterb said:
    I love the scenes I've seen so far. Especially the new hotel and commander quarter scenes. they are really detailed and nice, , the ranch is sweet excellent as well. I noticed though that if you jump in the hotel / commander quarter scenes you can see over the roof, which is a bit buggy. Maybe you could raise the roof a bit? Otherwise i really like the new update.
    Limitations of the engine I'm afraid  - I could have stretched the walls to prevent that but it would have taken 10X the time to make each commanders room  :sad:
    Shrugging Khan said:
    Scenes are largely good.

It's just...the premade battle scenes...meh. Never been a fan  :???:
    We all aren't but they were added to get the release out  :sad: but I will be looking at them soonish  :wink:

We are happy that you like all the new scenes  :grin: has anyone looked at Camp Luther yet as I'm looking at redoing most of the forts ( bigger layouts etc ) or do you think the Forts are a big challenge as they are now ?
  14. Abominog

Scene Feedback

I'd like you Guys/Gals to give us a little Feedback on the Scenes. What do you like/dislike in the old scenes as well as the new scenes. What do you think is missing or would like to see. Are the Towns,Forts & Villages to small or to big. I was looking at making the Forts bigger and at the last...
  15. Abominog

1866 - v0.9.0

hehehe I also forgot to ask about the ladders as in where ?  :wink:
  16. Abominog

1866 - v0.9.0

Shrugging Khan said:
    That off-colour doorway in San Casteabro: Infernally Bad. BAAAAD.

Can I get a screenshot of the door in question thanks :smile:
  17. Abominog

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

joshtong1234 said:
    Hoodinski said:
    Just a wee question - have you done something with the way enemy choses his targets? I have a strong feeling my char is picked by most of them (really hard to survive the battle).

yep and I always die with one hit(backstabs), usually when trying to stay still while aiming at a guy for 2-4 secs lol.
    While cheat testing 1866 with a lvl 32 char I learned 1 thing very quickly and that was always stay on the move, watch the enemy closely and when can take a snap shot at them without standing still for too long  :smile:
  18. Abominog

1866 - v0.9.0

Thanks guys we hope you all enjoy this release - now I'm off to play 2 worlds 2 for the next 2 weeks  :grin:
  19. Abominog

Lets see some good Vids guys  :D
  20. Abominog

1866 - Post your Screenshots (v0.9.x only)

I don't kiss on the 1st Date cowboy
Back
Top Bottom