Search results for query: *

1. Oskatat

[Police Station] - Bug Reports & Changelog

msxenox said:
    I don't seem to be ranking up at all, I'm on day 156 and am still on the rank I started at, sergeant major, I have been doing a lot of quests from my faction generals and I've ranked up in social class and I have a lot of medals, but I haven't advanced once in rank.

The limiting factor may be renown. win tournaments and tough battles. Winning when you outnumber and outclass the enemy hardly gives any renown. IIrc some buildings give renown regularly but you need a city. Another IIrc is that there was an NPC where you could spend money to buy renown (donating to the church?)
  2. Oskatat

Trouble Starting new Faction

I have no clue, since I think you need to ask this over in the warband section of the forum somewhere. In M&B, enemies overwhelmingly prefer to attack the weakest city or castle, so if your castle has 100 men and all the others have 200 or so, you become their best target. This is not taking right to rule etc in account, since that doesn't exist in M&B. The AI is a bit strange though, and filling a castle with peasants is just as effective at discouraging assault as filling it with sargeants and sharpshooters, but it's cheaper.
  3. Oskatat

Loot quantity appears to have gone down

yeah, it's the single player mode of the multiplayer game Warband, this is supposed to be for the predecessor, Mount & Blade
  4. Oskatat

Just getting back into this game- where do i start??

I don't know floris, so I can't really name a replacement. Mods I play:

Sword of Damocles
    get your own kingdom and really issue royal edicts. Prepare for the invading army. Interesting new units.

Europe 1805 vII (age of gunpowder)
    Enter europe during the Napoleon wars. A completely different experience from the medieval theme on a huge map of europe.

Lords and Realms
    Just starting here. Radically different, extended and confusing troop trees but the combat is still fun
  5. Oskatat

as a note aside, this part of the forum is for native M&B, not warband. The mechanics are probably similar enough, but more warband specific questions are better asked in their appropriate place if you want a fast&accurate answer

extra note: armies that help you take a share of the loot too, so if a nearby lord and a castle rushed to your aid, expect loot to be low
  6. Oskatat

Vanilla SoD vs Warband SoD

I forgot, but was there some (easy) way to just remove the badboy modifier from universities so you get at least some badboy decrease over time? Not that it really matters much, the natives tend to hate me anyway
  7. Oskatat

NPC lords and recruitment.

play warband or a mod that adds it. Personally I like Sword of Damocles
  8. Oskatat

Help and Advice Please. In a pickle in my campaign

because that was not part of the game, period. Mods added it, warband added it, it just wasn't a possibility in native M&B and that is all that can be said about it.
  9. Oskatat

are you playing native m&b, not a mod or warband?

has your army grown? The size (and quality) of your army does determine a great deal in how much loot is left for you as your soldiers supposedly get a share of the loot too
  10. Oskatat

Real simple question on faction relations.

one that's been mentioned is to rescue lords from capture. Maybe buy it off when you meet a rhodok lord (that is weaker than you) in the field only?
  11. Oskatat

Under what circumstances may an NPC faction capture a town?

the NPC factions usually don't manage to wipe one another out because the remaining lords will be concentrated on a much smaller location. I won't claim to understand the battle calculator but as far as I get it, yes defenders in a castle get a big bonus. In the native setting horse archers also get a big bonus, which is why the khergits are always doing so well (I never let any battle with khergit auto resolve if I can help it, going out of my way to help others) - that plus they are usually fast enough to catch enemy lords means they can rapidly destroy an enemy faction while their enemies have a hard time catching them.
  12. Oskatat

Exchanging state border for money ??

they're state bonds and no, no clue. AFAIK it doesn't work
  13. Oskatat

Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

do you even read previous posts?

Lord Tim said:
    This is the official thread boys:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.0.html
    this one isn't read by anyone except newcomers and me

(edited slightly)

and also by me, for some reason
  14. Oskatat

Outfitting companions

Any companion I have that naturally has ranged skills goes on foot and shoots (or throws), usually with a pole or 2h, the rest go on horseback with 1h and shield(s). Horse archer AI doesn't really act like horse archers. The bow is a benefit, not the main weapon.
  15. Oskatat

Attila Khans's kurgan found?

have mercy on him, he's just gullible because he wants to believe it so badly
  16. Oskatat

[Plaza] - Main Topic

more buildings for the villages would be nice though. They're a bit extremely limited compared to the cities

ok, it does make sense ofcourse, cities is where the big things happen, but a few more would be nice
  17. Oskatat

Swear loyalty to another king while I am king

are you maybe talking warband?
  18. Oskatat

populated Multiplayer mods?

As far as I know there don't exist any for mount and blade, there is no multiplayer mount and blade. You might have better luck at the warband part of the forum
  19. Oskatat

Gaming on Youtube

you might want to post this in the part of the forum about warband. This is about M&B, the first game of the series
  20. Oskatat

General History Questions thread

My guess is the invention of gunpowder weapons

most 'cheap' shields are ineffective against muskets and such, your infantry needs two hands to fire anyway and they're conscripts, why waste effort in giving them an expensive heavy shield? Which leaves them at a niche use for cavalry units that didn't carry pistols or carbines they'd want to reload. Still, those probably too are better off being more mobile and agile than carrying around a heavy piece of metal.
Back
Top Bottom