Search results for query: *

1. Wilsonrtf

new steam update?

GabyTzu said:
    Well since the patch I dont know what's hapened but Calradia is left without arrows I search in all the towns for one month and I didn't found any tipe I even started a new game but after the first stocks are changed there is no more arrows respawn.Do someone had the same problem??

This is happening to me as well.

Actually, it is also bootless and gauntletless.
  2. Wilsonrtf

[S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Can you post dialog? i am looking it but i dont meet. Can be string?

I am almost sure it is a string.
  3. Wilsonrtf

froggyluv said:
    One of the many things I like about this mod is the difficulty making money and the economy feels much more real. One exploit though seems to be the Bounty Hunting. It seems way to easy to beat these guys as you can arm your weapon before talking to them and usually cut them down while they're throwing a punch. The only downside is a -2 with the village but thats not much of a deterrent.

Couple O' ideas:

A. Have them sometimes armed and ready to swing.

B. If you have negative relations with the village or they are a more skilled opponent, give them a high perch with throwing weapons who attack you on sight.

C. Similar to above, but maybe some villagers or accomplices rush in an ambush. If player tries to cheat and leave, mission fails as he got away.

I am not sure they are possible, but I like those ideas.
  4. Wilsonrtf

None taken.  :grin:

By the way, have you found the FBI joke?
  5. Wilsonrtf

samoht said:
    Idibil said:
    @samoht

Wilson have improved dialogs in 0.96 version, and he is work rest of text for next version. But, really, dialogs (it is you most see) are right now. Have you download 0.96 version or 0.94?

I have 0.96.  I just downloaded it two days ago.  The dialogs and text are understandable, but they're awkward and some words are used incorrectly.  I could give examples as I see them.  Its almost like somebody used Google to translate them from English, into another language, and then back to English.

The game is still fun, but it could be smoother.  Forcing myself to slow down and understand what somebody is saying pulls me out of the experience.

I have not yet changed every possible dialog in the game, so, some really awkward stuff might still be there. Anyways, I have intentionally tried not to write in coloquial present day north american or british english, because, well, Brytenwalda is a mod depicting the early medieval age. So, many textual constructions have been purposefully written in an unusual form. I believe that this kind of language, instead of hindering game play, actually helps immersion whithin the game context.

I am open to discuss any textual form or construction that you believe to be wrong, and, of course, there might be typos, since the game is composed of an absurd amount of dialogs. But, please, do not offend me by saying that I used google translation - for I know very well what I wrote. You know, just because you don´t speak this way, it does not mean it is necessarily wrong.
  6. Wilsonrtf

Can't start a new game

How many save games you have? When the box is full, it is impossible to start a new game.
  7. Wilsonrtf

Nice! Very good to have you onboard.  :grin:
  8. Wilsonrtf

@Adorno: there are three female companions: Eithne (former Ymira), Bridei (former Deshavi) and Gwenllian (former Katrin). Matheld became Siwi, and Klethi became Aedh.

@BrustwarzenLenny: very nice work. But maybe the green parts are too lighty and clean?
  9. Wilsonrtf

Town Management

You should create a Diplomacy save game folder and copy the savegame to this new folder.
  10. Wilsonrtf

improvments for M&B native game play

finplayer said:
    Captain_Octavius said:
    I like your ideas, but don't know of any mods that implement these.

I recommend playing the Diplomacy mod though, it expands diplomacy in Native considerably, and I think you'll like it. Also, the author of the mod also takes suggestions to heart, so if you flesh these ideas out in detail, he may actually implement them in an update.

well i was hoping that gamedevelopers would maybe make this kind of additions in the next patch or update in the future, and i have tryed the diblomacy mob but why i wish that thease suggestions would come to native is that i really don't wish to start all over again, iv played now more than 450 days to achive what i currently have in native but i might piece these suggestions together and send then to the diplomacy author/modder just to more echanse good mod

You don´t have to start over to play Diplomacy. You can copy your save game to the Diplomacy save game folder and it will work.
  11. Wilsonrtf

Frioc is Bahestur. But he has a very different personality.

Edit: Actually, Liuva is Nizar, and Brian is Lezalit. Their positions were exchanged for storyline purposes.
  12. Wilsonrtf

Nodscouter said:
    The mod is full of broken grammar and misspelled words. I think we have to get used to it during the beta.
    I discovered a little bug because Siwi is guy and not a woman and hero talks to him as though he would be a girl.

I am working with the companions' speeches and the general dialogue file. The next beta will probably have many text fixes.
  13. Wilsonrtf

B Medieval Musket Era Son of the Dragon, a Warband mod

grimlord said:
    the impaling IS overrated... everyone used to do it in those times.it was as normal as holding a sword

So the option just has to be there.  :grin:
  14. Wilsonrtf

So a nord walks into a castle garisoned by sixty mameluks...

It would be nice to have at least the option to play a hard game. The way it is now, the hardest settings are pretty easy, again.
  15. Wilsonrtf

So a nord walks into a castle garisoned by sixty mameluks...

Indeed, 1.126 reverted back to very easy.

I wished there was a configuration option to define the percentage of top tier troops lords would carry.
  16. Wilsonrtf

New single player mode

Lord Doom said:
    Wilsonrtf said:
    Executions would be cool if you had to have a reason for it (something like very bad relations with the lord). Even then, it would have serious repercussions - loss of honour, relations, maybe even renown. And, if the player executed a lord without reason, it would be very nice if he would be considerated a lawless villain, that would be actively hunted by almost every other lord in the world.

And this is going to make for challenging game-play? To lose a few points of honour/relation as you graudually incapacitate all potential threats?  C'mon people, geez! It's a seriously flawed idea unless you, the player, can also die.

It seems that people want entire Kingdoms handed to them on a golden platter....because what, a certain Lord (pre-programed mind you!!) raids a fief that you happened to aquire? Or should I say 'steal' since you started life as a virtual-nobody. If it were implemented, aside from possible player death, another repurcussion should be banishment - to lose ALL holdings and outcast.

Oh, sorry if I haven't made myself clear. Of course you need to be able to die and eventually be executioned as well. The outcast idea is nice too. Believe me, I will never, ever, advocate for an easier game ...
Back
Top Bottom