Search results for query: *

1. XT-ended_2L

Broken savegame system made me quit.

All that posted about their savegames never being broke - congratulations. Who had this issue welcome to the club. I have friends who have the same issue, pitifully they are not forum guys and cannot speak engilsh, but they send you big CONGRATULATIONS too.

playing the same campaign since e1.0.0.
    The one could only imagine the mess in the save file, considering all changes in the game since then. At least it doesnt crash.
  2. XT-ended_2L

The game will never leave EA

I really don't care if it leaves ea or not, we only need them to work on the project. +for mention of 7 Days to die. years in alpha, but I am happy with how it is going. Major updates from time to time. The game is playable. Very stable dedicated server. Big modpacks to play with. Definitely example to take.
  3. XT-ended_2L

Guys, I am fine playing since first post with 40 mods. And I remained on 1.3.1 since it is working. Savegames are constanly breaking when you move between versions even without mods. So yes, you can play with hundred mods. Just dont upgrade your game. Don't listen to lame people, which even do not understand how it works, and blame modders or people playing with mods. There is nothing to do with mods. The only issue for people which play with mods is game constantly updating, it is good otherwise. The progress should be going, but if you want to play with mods, just stick to some version, and do not upgrade.
  4. XT-ended_2L

Noble bows?

I think economy discussions are pointless atm. It is obvious economy is broken more than ears of Myke Tyson. I think it will be polished, but not now, and not tomorrow for sure.

P.S. If you you think you cannot afford something in the game atm, you are wrong, the economy is broken in both ways. Just craft and sell two-handlers or javelins, javelin with spiral-like tip requires only 1 ordinary iron and 1 wood and costs more than entire city can afford..
  5. XT-ended_2L

This haha :wink:

Yeah, the picture is fun.
    Never installed mods midgame though.
  6. XT-ended_2L

There really isn't mod support for Bannerlord yet, that's the thing. The mod tools have not been released yet. Sorry man but by modding your game now you are playing with fire :smile:
    I know mate. I even rolled back the game to 1.3.1 when update to 1.4 started. I'll pass a couple of versions for now and save my nerves lol
  7. XT-ended_2L

Food Shortage

Current prosperity/food system is nonsense. Just read the history, there were always sort of royal catacombs, stock, etc for food and other critical supplies. it’s hard to imagine a cart that picks up food in the morning from the market to feed an entire garrison of soldiers. And one day just returns with a guilty look.
  8. XT-ended_2L

What would you guys think of a MMO version of the single player game?

No Way. Every game turned into MMO become stupid, trashy, grindy, limited in all terms and I can count to eternity, but nobody cares, because people play MMO's only because of social aspects, not because of gameplay.
    From the other hand Multiplayer is more than welcomed, but it couldnt be implemented without changing the time flow in the game. The only chance is to make it turn-based, then yes. You can make 7 abstract steps on the map per your turn if your speed is 7, you can attack, move or just sit in the city until your coop-mates curse you lol Then everyone press End of the turn, and moving points restore. It works great in a bunch of games starting from Civilization series, Heroes of might and magic, etc.. Realtime is impossible imo.
    P.S.The only issue I think of, players will demand to battle by autoresolve from each other, and I see argues here as normal battles are core aspect of the game.
  9. XT-ended_2L

Do people like Smithing as a concept

Smithing is so OP omg. I found a way to finish the quest "Lord needs a tutor" right at the place, which otherwise needs monthes of battles. Guess how))
  10. XT-ended_2L

The Noble Longbow

That is weird, but only today I realised that Noble Bow is a lot better than Noble Longbow. The weird moment - is that I forgot how good was the bow, consdiering that I am playing with top weapon, the idea met me when I changed it back. The difference in damage seems big, but it is not so big in real, but the main factor is ballistics, you can shoot so far away with Noble Bow, which makes it super good in sieges, I play on realism and I just solo the whole bandit camps with Noble Bow, but I can not do the same with Noble LongBow. Of course it is impossible to solo bandit camps with crossbows, because of slow reload times, but ballistics are even better. I am not going to involve in argues about realism and joules, just sharing the feeling about weapons ingame.
  11. XT-ended_2L

Weird battlefield AI behavior.

Yeah the battle AI is stupid like hell. Today I watched a round in tournament for freaking 15 minutes. A single round! Usually I watch rounds for my heroes to level up. But if there are two cavalry units remained - you can just skip it. They wil stand behind each other, ass to ass, and just scream "Whoooaoao! I'll break your skull!!!". For 15 minutes. God knows how long it could take if the round isnt skipped.
  12. XT-ended_2L

Perks that affect simulation battles.

+1 to advanced formation idea. Maybe even with mixed troops, like shields in front, harbeldiers and pikemen right behind them, and archers at the third row. Imagine square formation, which consist of such rows, with archers in the middle - defensive formation for case if the enemy surrounds.
  13. XT-ended_2L

Cavalry rework poll/community suggestions

It's not just purely an autocalc issue, the Khuzait's most oppressive strength is the ability to completely disregard the ability of smaller armies to run away. 40% of their army is cavalry in addition to their 10% passive speed bonus, I've seen Khuzait armies of 650 men chase down imperial armies of 400, just changing autocalc will not resolve this strength
    I just brush upon my memory, and my poor knowledge of history reminds me, that it is pretty realistic and historically accurate lol But if we talk about balance, again - in Warband cavalry was really OP, still cavalry-oriented nations never steamrolled entire map. I dont know if absence of formentioned 10% speed bonus related to this or not.
  14. XT-ended_2L

After winning a campaing basically relying on mercenary cavalry only and later on heavy cav i have looked deeper into battle (not autocalc) behaviour of cav vs infantry - mixed armies via running some custom battles and it apperas that after a certain ratio cav is basically charge stunlocking the whole enemy army, thus winning with few if not any losses. i dont' know if spear/unit collision fix can change this but right now it seems cav spam is basically unstoppable - you can steamroll the whole map with it given appropriate numbers.
    Ohh it is nothing compared to Warband tbh. I just try to be fair. Bannerlord is tolerable. Even in all mods it was the same. If your army consist only from cavalry - 1 charge and they are all dead, because in previous games cavalry also was doing decent damage on impact (and could not be stopped by pitchforks).
  15. XT-ended_2L

In Warband your tactics was compared with the opponent which determined the starting numbers for the battle. Is this not so in Bannerlord?
    No, it just increases your advantage in simulation battles, not in real battles.
  16. XT-ended_2L

Nobody miss books?

I'll repeat: how are they an interesting concept? Buy book click book get skill?
    No, it never worked like that in warband.
  17. XT-ended_2L

Khuzaits are good on their own, they are not OP. The only issue that lead to discussions, is that in most cases Khuzaits just steam-roll half of the map. And that is not an issue of their units, or the nature of cavalry. It is an issue of auto-resolve calculations - weakest point of the game. It is unbalanced and wrong.
    They should change autocalc algorythms, cavalry units have x1.2 power, only because it is cavalry. I think the bonus should be automatically nerfed if opposite army has counter-unit. I propose following formula:
    1) A single pikemen in first army nerfes bonus of the single melee cavalry unit in opposite army. (or even make it 0.8 ).
    2) A single crossbowman in first army nerfes bonus of the single archery cavalry unit in opposite army (or again, makes them even weaker).
    3) So if army "a" has more counter units than army b cavalry, cavalry gets even weaker (loses the advantage).
    It is logical and simple, like rock/paper/scissors. Battles will become more variative. They can add this mechanic to all units, in place of current plain power calculation.
  18. XT-ended_2L

Nobody miss books?

(I found the waiting mechanism annoying like I do for smithing though).
    I miss the way party skills between MC and companions work most out of warband though.
    If I remember correctly, most progress at reading books was made during siege preparations, it was not necesarry to crete a camp. So you are not forced to sit in town, we spend plenty of time in siege preparations in Bannerlord anyway.
  19. XT-ended_2L

Simulating shouldn't be considered a separate game mode to "real battles", it should be something you use for convenience, or when your character is injured. As it is, it's WAY too punishing compared to playing the game "live".

However it's a feature that at least exists, and I'd much rather TW focus on getting more features/systems into the game than on trying to continually polish tiny features that cannot be properly balanced while most of the game is still missing anyway.
    I know maybe it is too early, to think about such things, but I think if these perks are not working anyway as Maximum997 said, it is better to reconsider them now, than changing them later.
Back
Top Bottom