Search results for query: *

1. Brewchief

Do vassals rebel when relations get too low?

Fry said:
    I think the relations hit should scale per lord based on how many fiefs they already have.
    When you assign a town to someone, vassals with no land should be very upset, vassals with a below-average amount of land should be somewhat upset and vassals who have as much or more land than the average of all lords in the kingdom should take no relations hit at all.

That's how I remember feeling in the original Mount & Blade, anyway - "aw, the king didn't give me that castle...but I already have these fiefs so it's not a huge deal"

It would also encourage handing out fiefs to the fiefless first

I like that idea, it makes good sense. It is not unrealistic, so I think it would fit well with the game.
  2. Brewchief

Quicker way to Hire/Give Troops/Prisoners?

Meadows said:
    Warband is sadly missing a lot of those really convenient features that would've made it considerably more player-friendly.  Oh, the things I would give for a button that automatically sorts your inventory or upgrades all your troops at once...

I second that!
  3. Brewchief

Bummer. I guess I'll just have to deal with it!
  4. Brewchief

Tercio23 said:
    thats something id like to know too. mine is on -25, but i think ill make him my marshall, so when he summons me, i can save his ass from time to time and complete his silly campaign missions. havent done it yet though

btw, awesome avatar!!  :grin:

Thanks, I think so too :smile:    Thanks also for all the responses.

Caba`drin said:
    Yes they will.
    It typically begins somewhere in the -50 to -75 range.

And they will only take their lands with them if they have a castle or town. Villages don't go with defectors.

Also, for non-discussion questions like this use: Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread.

Thanks for the information about defection. As for the thread suggestion, it seems like you'd be less likely to get an answer where people have to wade through dozens of pages to find your question, and you might have to dig through subsequent replies that do not pertain to your own question.

The Lord relation issue is definitely one of my least favorite parts of this awesome game. Feasts, and clicking on your guests one after the other over and over, waiting a day, doing it over, etc. goes without saying that it is boring as hell. There should be a more interesting, if not challenging way to gain favor with lords rather than the the waiting and clicking game.

That is poor gameplay in my opinion. There should be some interactive tasks that you can do to win their favor, other than rescuing them in the rare cases of capture, or assisting them in battle. The gains in favor are just too few and far between. Oh well, I guess if it was easy to win favor you wouldn't have any rivals within your ranks, and that just wouldn't be very realistic historically or otherwise.
  5. Brewchief

Hello I have a question. When you capture a castle/town, sometimes there is a large variety and number of rescued troops. Clicking on each troop type individually and moving the mouse pointer down to the "hire" button to add them to your group can get extremely monotonous and therefore tedious...
  6. Brewchief

I was wondering what happens when vassal/Lord relations get too low. I have a vassal whose relations with me are around -70.  I am thinking about indicting him for treason, but am almost tempted to find out if he will rebel and try to hold on to the territories I have given him. ALMOST...
  7. Brewchief

My Lucky 13 Captives

I may check that diplomacy mod out. As for the prisoner limit, there certainly isn't one for ordinary soldiers, but for the Lords either there is a limit or when space runs out for them to appear in the dungeon, maybe you just don't see them in the dungeon but their names appear in the prisoner list. Or maybe when they get too packed in there they just pile on top of eachother like puppies and snooze all day.
  8. Brewchief

Does it matter who you make minister?

I know the "prominent citizen" is a lame duck choice for chief minister, but does it make a difference who else you might pick, be it your wife or between your companions based on their personality traits or their skills? I was thinking that might affect whether they come up with anything on "Do...
  9. Brewchief

My Lucky 13 Captives

So I've got a dungeon full of prisoners, most of them from the defunct Khergit Khanate (imprisoning them without ransom helped me finish off the KK), and with the exception of one that escaped (even though I have a prisoner tower...), all these Noyans just while away the days down there. I...
  10. Brewchief

Those damn books

Kettle Black said:
    Brewchief said:
    Kettle Black said:
    Well, yeah ... but this one goes to eleven.

What do you mean?

Ah, sorry. Just an old man remembering a brilliant movie scene. From Spinal Tap:

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pause] This one goes to eleven.

Carry on.

Ah yes, I do remember that I just didn't catch the reference. Classic.
  11. Brewchief

Those damn books

Kettle Black said:
    Well, yeah ... but this one goes to eleven.

What do you mean?
  12. Brewchief

Crazy Wife-Swapping Vaegirs

In that case, the scullery maid that squeaks gets the grease!
  13. Brewchief

Driving cattle

demiurge said:
    Well, there's also the mythical 3rd quest, where you deliver grain, which I did in m&b but have yet to encounter in warband.

Edit: And for the village, the cattle quest also gives 4 prosperity points (which will evaporate in about 4 days, if that puts it above its 'ideal prosperity', but still...

I remember getting the grain quest (so they could sow it for a future crop and feed themselves) for a village I owned, but that was back in April. They must've taken it out in a patch for some inexplicable reason.
  14. Brewchief

Those damn books

Radium86 said:
    Are you sure you can raise your skill to 11 with a book? I just tested this out in game and I couldn't. It was still capped at 10. Even if I raised my base stat to 33 it still wouldn't go past 10

In one of my previous posts I mentioned I had not tried it, but had made an assumption. I also said that I bet that few would be willing to expend the time and effort to find out, and even those who had probably wouldn't find their way to this thread.

Well I was wrong about that, as here you are! And, my assumption was unfortunately incorrect. Thank you for bringing that information here Radium86, and I apologize to you or anyone who wasted their time trying to get to 11 as a result of this thread.
  15. Brewchief

Crazy Wife-Swapping Vaegirs

This is one severely debauched thread.  :neutral:
  16. Brewchief

Funny idea for a Mod

tyrannicide said:
    BHunterSEAL said:
    Northern Mameluke Empire said:
    also I want fireballs to shoot out of my arse. yes Im William Wallace
    Damn you, as soon as I saw the OP I was going to post that.

Whoa, hold on! "There can be only one!"

That's extra funny 'cause you also managed to make a highlander joke. It's funny too cause the highlander and wallace were both scots. Blows the mind.
  17. Brewchief

Those damn books

William de Beaujeu said:
    Or just ride into war on with odds like 10 to 1 against you.
    Leveled from L33 to L36 after 1 ingame month of daily fighting, field and siege, attack and defend. Although my fingers still hurt :sad:

Haha, I know the feeling.
  18. Brewchief

Those damn books

Hell yes! I use a heavy morningstar. The length is pretty good, but I also have a balanced war hammer for special occassions.
  19. Brewchief

Funny idea for a Mod

xSanGuinEx said:
    Northern Mameluke Empire said:
    also I want fireballs to shoot out of my arse
    try eating those little peppers, can't recall the name, but trust me, they're hella hot, so you'll gonna shoot fireballs not only out of ass, but out of every hole on your body..

Chili pequin? Habanero? Or the hottest in the world, the Bhut Jolokia, aka "ghost chile"?

Personally, I could go for some audio of the belligerent drunk in the tavern spouting enraged, indecipherable Mel Gibson bellowing as he attacks you. That would really pump some juice into that mundane occurrence, and make you really want to kill him too.
  20. Brewchief

Those damn books

William de Beaujeu said:
    Why bothering those 3 charisma points? They give you bigger armies, it may be little, but all little stuff helps.

Fair enough. It just gets mighty difficult to lvl up after a while. I am at around level 35 with 30 strength, about 17 charisma, and it is around 140,000 XP 'til the next lvl. That's the kind of spread that only gets closed fast by defending a siege, standing to the side of the breach, and just bash everything that pops its ugly head out from the top of that ladder.
Back
Top Bottom