Search results for query: *

1. "Bannerlord is a good game"...

froggyluv - I mean I've been playing consistently since the original Mount and Blade ~~ 15 years ago or whatever it was, I have ~~6000 hours on Warband (mostly MP, about 2/3 of that on cRPG), so I'm hardly talking as a noob

black_bulldog - yes, it is very slow, which is why people here are embittered, as I said

SadMoney - I only play single player, but yes, the factions there definitely have very distinct playstyles. I have no idea about Bannerlord multiplayer

I think it's important that this forum is a big time echo chamber, and your views don't necessarily represent the majority of the playerbase (the vast majority of whom only play single player)
  2. "Bannerlord is a good game"...

Definable playstyle in the very short battles and rich backstory in the back of the box of the game, in the game map, the other 50% of the game all factions play the same and the backstory influences nothing on how they make decisions and how the diplomacy works. People on this forum don't think the game is bad, we think the game is lacking on several areas that we've been criticizing and that TW has been ignoring, relying on modders to add the features we're talking about.
    Sturgian armies last longer, Empire has easier access to large powerful armies, Khuzait have difficulty attacking castles

I'd say they play differently on the campaign map
  3. "Bannerlord is a good game"...

Answer to OP, this game is actually very enjoyable however because of the long EA period this sub has a large number of permanent lingerers who are rather embittered by TW's slow progress to develop the game, and have subsequently developed a culture of egging each other on about how bad the game is. This is a very common thing on gaming forums.

Myself and all of my friends absolutely love the game, and take it as it is. There's nothing quite like it, and even though it could do with a bit more polish there are hundreds of hours of entertainment to be had, and the experience of commanding hundreds of troops assaulting realistically rendered castles which soldiers actually defend in formations and with siege equipment is frankly amazing. I also rather enjoy the RPG skill tree and how many possible build choices there are.

Factional, troop and item variety is also fantastic, with each faction having a rich backstory and definable playstyle.

The game is not perfect, but it is very good.
  4. In Progress [v1.2.3.24202_Beta] Crafted items disappeared

Could really do with this fixing if at all possible, making it impossible to play as a crafting character :sad:
  5. Why On Earth Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

I've just sat and read the Multiplayer Forum section and Jesus Christ guys chill out and stop being so horrible about so many things. Game's not even released yet. Stop insulting the devs. They're making progress (I didn't play for ~~a year and the game's vastly improved). If the game's lack...
  6. Question about MP - Some Discussions

2 - Captain mode in the server browser would be lovely. I like the way they did in Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the later versions personally, they had like 10 game modes or something silly but what they did is hid the most popular ones away a little (Galactic Conquest) which encouraged people to play the less popular ones, really good idea.

To the contrary there was an absolutely fantastic game mode in the old game Red Orchestra 2 called Countdown mode, it was a really brilliant mode but they hid it away in a menu for some unknown reason, and literally had a warning saying something along the lines of this mode is difficult only play it if you're good etc, so of course no one played it except for clan matches.

I always think it's a good design decision to make it easy to get in to play the game, but easier still to get into the bits which are less popular but which you are wanting to popularise. A lot of the time the less popular modes are simply not popular because they've been hidden behind a menu. Having people play a diversity of modes also helps keep the game alive for longer, which was always nice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 - Duel is super popular in Mordhau, 5v5 is super popular in CS:GO/DOTA 2, some people enjoy 3v3's. Basically I think as a dev you need to have a map you've spent ages making and have it used in several different ways (e.g. use the same map for Battle, Deathmatch, Duel, 3v3 etc), just change the spawn points, victory points, etc.
  7. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

can you people quit feeding him? he keeps coming back baiting you and you keep falling for it.
    it's a miracle this thread is still unlocked.
    Have you even read the guide i posted about the patch notes?

Sorry for the double post i didn't think my post went down the first time
    Forum Rules:
    1.2 Spam
    - Double-posting/Duplicate Threads — If you wish to contribute further to a conversation, and yours was the last post in the thread, please edit your last post instead of creating a new one.
  8. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

To be fair the critics were screaming babies that scared the dev's away... they just happened to also be very correct in what they were saying.

Being a baby doesn't mean you don't have a good point... and this forum has done plenty of both.
    Yeah but you can have a good point and not be toxic, just be nice to the devs and they'll listen to you, the game's still not been released so just be nice
  9. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Thing is, they added stuff that most of the community did not want in any shape or form. We have been saying this for the past years during the beta test. Like the custom made classes, how the combat is clanky. MP is practically dead, how are going to be able to revive that when the early release had like 200k players (?)

I have seen many games that I backed, had a terrible release (at the cost of many players), but right at the very end when they made a complete 180 no one is playing the game (barely like 60 people as oppose to 6k in the early stages)
    But a lot of people like that and the game hasn't even been released yet
  10. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

I find that rage justified lol. The guy just made up stats to justify corporate decisions. He didnt provide data or anything. Its good if people remember this bs

There's no need to be mean though
  11. THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER RELEASED AND I'M MAD

This game's the worst thing ever, I think that I should be refunded the £92 I paid for it and here's some insults towards the developers; - "Poopy" - "Farts" The game was definitely alread released and is not still in production, which is why they called it early ACCESS, if you have ACCESS...
  12. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

You botched your momentum there
    Was going to wait for 20 pages but now that the H bomb has been dropped and the forum in general seems a bit less toxic i feel that my task is complete.

To get back on topic though I actually wasted some of my time making a page detailing the major improvements (with images/examples shock horror) which the devs have made to Bannerlord over the past year or so if anyone's interested;

13. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Here is an example of a thread in which forum users started singling out a developer:

This is exactly the kind of stuff i've been talking about. I want this game to be as fantastic as Warband was, and i honestly think if the trolls on this forum do things like single developers out, edit their faces and *constantly* throw abuse at them ("Is this what a siege looks like to you Taleworlds?!" etc) the devs are going to completely blank the community's ideas (why would you listen to a community's input when said community spends every other day saying you smell like feet and can't do your job very well).

I have noticed that a lot of the threads seem a lot more civil these days though, and i think that should really be put down to me and how good this thread has been. I really think that i've made this forum a better place, and that that will allow community-developer relations to flourish, and that will in turn make the game significantly better, and that for that it would be nice to be awarded a character (or a faction) named after me in-game for my efforts. You're welcome.
  14. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

...or how good it is. Let us not forget about those countless white knights who pop up every now and then who never played (but mummy promised to buy when school is over) or just started to play and decided to immediately ejaculate with their verbal support...

Link threads of at least 3 (less than a lot) people admitting that what you just said.

TW isn't trolled here, what have you expected?
    If any threads have some actual mature discussion instead of uselessly criticising the developers about an unreleased early access game they're instantly flagged as white knights by all of the trolls in this forum just wanting to make this a toxic environment whilst circlejerking each other on how they came up with the best "devs are bad people lul" meme
  15. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

The people that are toxic on these boards are the same people who join a MP match, sit around a tree in spawn and just whack at it with their axes.
    Yep, pretty much, a lot of them even admit to never actually playing the game, just coming on the forums to troll and say how bad the game is ...
  16. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

I'm constantly criticizing Taleworlds for what I believe being lack of transparency and slow progress (in the wrong direction more often than not.) Attacking them personally, well, I'd rather avoid that. They might be kinda bad developers, but it's not like I bear them too much ill-will. Quite the opposite, in fact. Insulting is something I'd rather reserve for my local post office lady who loves making me wait with a smirk on her face as she's texting her 78 years old boyfriend.
    That said, I also see a lot of people attacking other people for expressing valid criticism and calling them "hostile" or "toxic" just because they have diverging opinions. That should also be avoided.
    I totally agree that there's a middle ground to be reached which doesn't involve constant boring endless threads like;

"Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?"
    "Foot couching? x to couch while charging on foot?"
    "Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer"
    "An open letter from the (non-existent) server community"
    "what mod is going to replace native?"

They're just cringey and passive aggressive, it looks like a teenage girl's Instagram or somthing. I much prefer the ones such as;

"Quality of life suggestion"
    "Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent"
    ""Skirmish Pick-Up's Invitation (All Welcome!)"

Tbh people do seem to have been getting better in the threads lately, when I first started this thread it was like 80% trolling, now it seems like 40%, which is a nice improvement. I just think people should be nice, I know that myself and others come to this forum to see legitimate ideas for improvements to the game we're excited to be released for, not just endless threads from 14 year old sweatlords thinking it's funny to tell a dev to get cancer or whatever.
  17. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Here we go again.

Corsair didn't make this thread to make any valid point y'all, he just came here to argue and bait.
    I think you're actually describing most of the other threads in this section of the forum where people are saying e.g. "the devs should all kill themselves they're the worst people in the world", "the game is broken and never going to be fixed, as a 14 year old i have a great understanding of game development processes", etc etc.
  18. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

To answer the OP's question: When you delay and delay and delay a game for no apparent reason (the rumors of getting money from the Turkish government, though completely unconfirmed, do seem more and more appealing by the day), after 12 years of development release an unfinished game, that in itself is toxic. It is toxic to take hundreds of millions of dollars and give us relatively nothing in return. We want what we paid for. We want what was promised half a decade ago. Not getting it is the toxic thing, the reaction to that, while toxic in nature, is completely and wholly justified.
    I'm sure you will get what you've paid for when it's released; try and think of the Early Access as a demo, or better yet, don't play it if you don't like demo's. I estimate the game will be released in ~~2 years time, till then Chivalry 2 is pretty good.

I don't think that's so much toxic as it is a studio which isn't as high spec as one we're used to from the big AAA companies, say what you will about Call of Duty/Fifa etc but they have the budget to hire people who know what they're doing to get a game out smoothly and well managed. Bannerlord is a much smaller studio, we should try and be aware of that, and be nice.
  19. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Back to the question asked by OP. Let us begin by defining what toxicity really is:

Toxicity is the quality of being harmful or unpleasant in an insidious way.

What can we make of this?
    I think that's a pretty good definition yeah. Just look at the posts which are being posted even over the last few days, people are still being toxic. We need to get a definition of something else and have the fanbase be that;

nice​

adjective

kind/friendly​

• kind; friendly
      • Our new neighbours are very nice.
      • He's a really nice guy.
      • She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
      • nice to somebody Be nice to me. I'm not feeling well.
      • nice of somebody (to do something) It was nice of them to invite us.
      • nice about something I complained to the manager and he was very nice about it.
      • I asked him in the nicest possible way to put his cigarette out.
      opposite nasty

I feel this would overall be a more positive place if the fanbase were Nice. Hug a Bannerlord developer today, don't troll the forums, just be Nice.
  20. Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

You are a woman
    Actually I am a woman, so what, I'm allowed to enjoy historical medieval games? :/

That doesn't change the fact that Taleworlds is doing a blummin' good job making this game
Back
Top Bottom