Search results for query: *

1. Earende

Companion revision 3 - retinue system.

DrTomas said:
    Yeah, I find them imbalanced and misused. Even if you need to participate in a massive grind fiest for that. Especially when I remember some people were talking that they could take entire castles with just the companions. I see companions as sidekicks - not an company of immortal buddies(actually 29 are bigger then some mercenaries companies since last revision). In short if you don't want to level up some skills, you get a companion to do so instead.

The only reason why you have 30 companions in the first place is because they are unfinished. The original idea would that they would have had personality clashes and in such, you wouldn't be able to keep them all either.

Earende said:
    :grin: I suddenly had a weird thought of eliminating companions and turning them into

w7zsk6.jpg
    :mrgreen: Lets do it!
    :grin: Seriously though, turning companions into "books" might be a pretty decent idea. The main reason for companions is for them to have skills that you lack, and pocket-companions :razz: handles that just fine. Like books, they'll be costly (depending on its quality [+1, +2...]) and you'll have to search for them (maybe sold by the tavern keeper? :razz:). Finally, it completely removes the ability to abuse companions (companion armies), since they're not there to begin with. :lol:
  2. Earende

:grin: I suddenly had a weird thought of eliminating companions and turning them into

w7zsk6.jpg
  3. Earende

DrTomas said:
    The new companion system is aimed to introduce more historical recruitment for the companions. Instead of collecting local alchoholics from taverns, the player will call upon his retinue from his fief. This will be only available if the player have a fief of his own.

Does this mean it will be impossible to get companions at all when you're a mercenary?
  4. Earende

[ask] companion

Shouldn't it be no, no, no.  :razz:
  5. Earende

Lane/Warband recruitment

Cenavin said:
    I dont know what fixed it. I loaded and changed to Very Big and to other garrison sizes and one day I had 30 troops in it. After that I changed back to Huge and now it seems to fill it self up.
    Sadly doesn't work for me.  :neutral:

Leonidas300 said:
    Cenavin said:
    I captured a town in the holy land "Tarsus" and I set the garrison to "HUGE" but after waiting and defending several days, maybe weeks against the Ilkhanat and the Mamluks all i got were 9(!!!!) peasents.

What did I do wrong? How long am I supposed to wait there? It already has a lot of lances that I can recruit (so defending is okay, because they always come one by one) can't I just put those as a garrison? :sad:
    You know that you must pay them really? i mean if you dont have the enough gold to keep them into castle they are going to leave the castle and desert...
    My treasury is filled to the brim and it's like that - so no, I don't think it's a money problem.
  6. Earende

Lane/Warband recruitment

I noticed that in my games as well. I wonder if there's some problem with it. With the lance system and not being able to add garrison is tough (well, not really, just troublesome) and sometimes (actually most of the time) the auto-garrison simply refuse to appear. Sadly, the same can't be said for AI - their garrison seems to replenish itself as quickly as possible.  :razz:
  7. Earende

General suggestions thread.

Lazyman said:
    The Golden Horde is muslim because the Golden Horde was....Muslim :S
    Didn't they converted at a later date.
  8. Earende

SCREENSHOTS!

Silly question, how do you all take screens like that. After death cam? Because I can never figure out how to turn. Or it's something else?
  9. Earende

How to get renown and right to rule fast?

Just got married in my current game and I didn't get a single RTR point.  :???: Just saying.  :razz:
  10. Earende

Bankruptcy?

Lazyman said:
    For once I have decided to play a game without cheats, but, whenever I do trade, It seems I always have to ctrl X because the market has no money of its own... Is there anyway to fix this?
    :lol: Sorry, but I find that hilarious. So, for once you decided not to use cheats, but you cheat for money.  :lol:
  11. Earende

The new Subversion.

A question about helmets in the mod. I noticed several helmets in this picture are in the mod, but are all of them inside?
    helmets2-d1eabbe329.jpg
    tyzfg.jpg
    RVtjp.jpg
    I've never seen at least half of them ever in my games.  :razz:
  12. Earende

The new Subversion.

Be glad yours actually do something, my marshal just loves to hold big camping trips in his front yard.  :razz:
  13. Earende

General suggestions thread.

Maybe there's some problem with a number of armor smith at certain places. I have the same problem as the other fellow - been months, weapon smith is working fine but armor smith remains empty and penniless. 
  14. Earende

Holy Land mercenaries?

I think currently you'll only get to hire them if you're part of the crusader states or something.
  15. Earende

The new Subversion.

Renaud de Châtillon said:
    DrTomas said:
    Renaud de Châtillon said:
    Some scenes (battle) near towns are bugged. Alot of trees are there (with weird textures) are there and its not possible to cross them. I noticed this near Ankara and Nicosia
    gimme screenshots, please

Here is one

It happened quite alot latly.
    Happened to me as well. One out of several battles will load for a long time and once done, it'll appear like this. Also, I just fought a battle near Tarsus, in a snow scene. Suppose to be a snowing there?  :wink:
  16. Earende

The new Subversion.

Tried a few battles in a new game after updating and I noticed something really weird - the AI cavalry seemed to have become even more stupid. Middle east, lower tier saracen cavalry/desert bandit. They would simply walk around trying to follow one another and half the time completely ignoring me when I get close to poke them. Other times they seem to behave normally (chasing and all) but they'll poke the air with their sticks randomly - as long as I'm close enough (I can be like meters BEHIND them) they'll start thrusting the air in front. I've also noticed quite a number of times they would run pass me to try and poke their own people. (it's not they tried to poke me but missed - they actually got pass me leaving me several meters behind, charge towards one of their friendlies and poke) :lol:
  17. Earende

The new Subversion.

Are Latin soldiers too strong? Always, I ended up with Latin soldiers so today, I decided to try going with the Greeks and my first siege battle against the Latin Empire shocked me - The entire army of Nicaea is on my side and we cannot even take one castle.

Latin archers filled the area with (unlimited) arrows while their Knights and Footmen cut through every Greek soldier as if they were made of straw. So bad it was that the Latin soldiers came out to slaughter the Greeks before they even got close and the whole scene ended up as nothing but watching lifeless Greek bodies rolling down the hill in droves.  :shock:

Now I wonder if those easy past victories were because of my Latin army... in that one battle, Nicaea lost its entire force.
  18. Earende

Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

I don't know if this is a bug or not...

In my current game, as a vassal of Swabia, I was somehow able to get my fiefs together in one area.  :razz: Very happy... until a lord defected. He is the lord of Uxbral (spelling?) and when he went over to Swabia's ally, he took with him his city and 2 villages - 1 of it was my fief.  :mad: And now I have a bright yellow spot in the middle of my lands.
  19. Earende

Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

There are quite a number of armor that glows in the dark, besides the teutonic surcoat. Maybe it's some ancient magic that gives aid to night battles.  :mrgreen: 
  20. Earende

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Declaration of War bug, or something. I'm playing a mercenary wandering around slaughtering looters when suddenly I got a message: No one has declared war on Poland and now I'm at war with Poland.  :shock:

EDIT: Seems like I'm lucky enough to have my one and only savegame to be right before this and No one looks like its randomly selecting a faction to declare war on.
Back
Top Bottom