Search results for query: *

• Users: Yazzy
  • Order by date
  1. Yazzy

Sneak Peek Thread

lord_olafson said:
    Danik Golovanov said:
    How historically accurate is it that the peasants fought with a vodka bottle? Many of them had guns in that era as well.

Partisans have a random set of weapons, ranging from matchlock muskets to birch clubs and vodka bottles.

Yazzy said:
    **** YES! I'm so proud of Vince and his boys at Flying Squirrel for doing a FANTASTIC job developing All this with such a small squad of people.

Flying Squirrel really is like Sharpe's squad(minus all the death and betrayal, actually i didn't watch the series so i wouldn't know, maybe they got along swimmingly...  :roll: )

I also want to say it was a pleasure working with Flying Squirrel over the past year on this.  They really busted their collective asses and crammed a lot of love into it.

Anyways enough praise...I wish everyone a great time while shooting the devs and tunneling their way to siege success.

Cheers from Sweden,

Mikail "Yazzy"

Thank you Mikail, you were a great help as well ! And good luck with War of the Roses, looking forward to it.

Thanks mate!  Battle squirrels never die, Flying Squirrel will carry the battle squirrel banner to new heights(mainly because it can fly :grin:
  2. Yazzy

Sneak Peek Thread

**** YES! I'm so proud of Vince and his boys at Flying Squirrel for doing a FANTASTIC job developing All this with such a small squad of people.

Flying Squirrel really is like Sharpe's squad(minus all the death and betrayal, actually i didn't watch the series so i wouldn't know, maybe they got along swimmingly...  :roll: )

I also want to say it was a pleasure working with Flying Squirrel over the past year on this.  They really busted their collective asses and crammed a lot of love into it.

Anyways enough praise...I wish everyone a great time while shooting the devs and tunneling their way to siege success.

Cheers from Sweden,

Mikail "Yazzy"
  3. Yazzy

Paradox's Project: War of the Roses - War of the Vikings

Lords and Ladies,

Thank you so much for the reply posts and your support.  It seems like there is a lot of confusion and what not about War of the Roses, features, gameplay, the "what's the deal with grapenuts?" or "who are these people?" , etc etc. 

I'd encourage people to read the previews that came up after PDX Con all over the internet to help clear up confusion. 

I don't wanna post too much more about the game here, its not in good form and not especially proper of me to post game details about War of the Roses on TW's forums.

If you have questions, you can PM me, I think I'm fine with that, but not answering questions in a thread.

Again thanks for your support and hopefully see you guys on the field, it matters not which game for me,
    I may develop one or the other, but I love playing everything  :mrgreen:

If there is some awesome MP event, feel free to invite me, I really miss the big England versus France in MM:Battalion we did a long time ago.

Cheers from Sweden,

Mikail "Yazzy"

4. Yazzy

[M] said:
    Yazzy said:
    Warband was an office favourite at Fatshark before Paradox gave us the project, so much love from Sweden to Turkey, seriously.
    I can believe this. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all, even at such an absurd copy-paste level.

On topic of this game, it seems like it's going out of its way to alienate anyone who wants a competitive environment for matches, tournaments etc. Judging by warband mods and other games that do the same in the same way, it will be an extremely popular commercial success.

Good luck with your new job.

Thanks so much for the well wishes :smile: 

In order not to alienate certain groups of players, we are discussing E-sport dedicated server options.  But I guess we'd have to announce something officially.  :razz: 

5. Yazzy

Kazzan said:
    Pity that happened. Though do tell FatShark to not totally act like Warband never existed will you?

All the folks here are real respectable-like :smile: (you'll know the term if you watch Billy Madison, hehe)
    Warband was an office favourite at Fatshark before Paradox gave us the project, so much love from Sweden to Turkey, seriously.
  6. Yazzy

Eiríkr Rauði said:
    Then all is well. Forgive me Yazzy... You were the most outspoken member of TaleWorlds.

It's all good sir, you come out to Gamescom in Germany, we'll have a beer on me :grin:
  7. Yazzy

Eiríkr Rauði said:
    Ah. So you'll be administering the same levels of nil-communication upon the WotR community? Awesome.

That's a really cute remark :smile: but I think one thing the TW community never understood, is that i was never paid to be a community manager(see above for what i did while at TW, notice no community management written). 

I know it may have been easy to think that given the fact that I ran the photoshop contest, enjoyed talking to you guys, played mods with you guys, and tried to help out with tournaments.

Over time you saw other devs not talking and me talking quite often, but that was me being involved for fun when I had time.

And for the record  :mrgreen: I won't be doing any community management in my career, so you don't have to worry about my level of talky talk talk on the internet.

:roll:
  8. Yazzy

Hey hey TaleWorlds Lords and Ladies,

I was made aware of this thread recently and upon seeing all the chatter, I've decided I had better get off my busy ass (although sometimes lazy) and make my post to the community which I should have done.

But you'll have to go ahead and grant me a pardon  :roll: since I've been busy dealing with starting new life in a new country, with a new apartment and new big job...anyways enough excuses.

I had the pleasure of talking to captain_lust over steam and explaining the whole situation to him. I also owe it to the community(of which I had a lot of laughs with) too !

Some of you may know, I was the only foreign employee(American actually) of TaleWorlds.
    What you may not understand, is how difficult it is to be a foreign worker in a country like Turkey.
    After working for TW for 2 years, TW was unable to secure permission from the government to keep a foreign employee employed.

I decided to join a company which I respect and enjoyed their games, Lead & Gold, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, etc.  I had met the company's founders several times during GDC and really liked the people from FatShark.

When this situation came up in my life, I looked at and received offers from different companies, in the end I choose the best and most exciting thing for myself, as a real breathing person who wants to make good decisions for himself in life :smile:  I think all of you can understand that.

Anyhow, I had a wonderful time working at TW.
    I got to do level design, marketing, and pr work on Warband.
    I got to do project management, mp design, marketing/pr on WFaS.
    I got to do game design on Mount and Blade 2 and other projects at TW.
    And lots of other businessy things at TW.

I am grateful for my time at TW, I really like the community and modders at TW. 
    I wish I had explained the situation earlier, but life and stress makes you busy sometimes :razz:

I ask that you overlook any silliness that comes out of games journalism that says I was a designer of MB1, that is not true, I only did level design on warband and game design on mb2.  But journalists make mistakes too.

I also ask you not to slam Paradox for any funny messages you may think PR or journalists generate.  Sometimes interviews or videos are edited in strange ways, sometimes PR people over there say things that can be misunderstood.  My point is Paradox loves and respects TW and MB franchise and they would never really claim that MB doesn't exist. 

At any rate, life goes on, all these games are damn well worth playing, try not to take things so seriously, it is the games industry afterall  :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for reading and take good care TW Community.

In much dubious seriousness and audacious capacity,

Yazzy Lord of the Squirrels and 1 former designer on Project Obvious. 
  9. Yazzy

Duels stage + additional info

I've set up the servers and the participants need to use the following password to log on.

wfascupfinals

Good Luck!
  10. Yazzy

TW Sponsored WFaS Tournaments, not Warband?

BigBoss said:
    I all want is a hack detector for native :sad:

We are working with Valve to try and remedy the situation with their protection schemes.
    That's all I can say at the moment.
  11. Yazzy

Stuboi0 said:
    Personally, even though many people have more questions to ask, the important ones have been answered, these are the questions that people are pretty much asking;

Are you still supporting Warband?
    Yazzy said:
    2. We still care about Warband, but WFaS demanded our attention since it was a new product, we wanted to provide value and support for it like we did Warband(new features, maps, duel mode) after it launched.

Why WFaS and not Warband?
    Yazzy said:
    1. With Fire & Sword has a tournament because we thought it would be a nice thing to have for people who purchased WFAS, heck we(along with you guys) had one for Warband after it launched, so why not try one for the new expansion pack. 

Why isn't there someone to keep frequent contact with the community?

Well I wont quote that - ask your self and you'll have your answer...

Exactly what Vermin is saying, rather than actually letting this topic going on for pages and pages, look back and you'll have an answer. I personally think we have our answers here.

Thanks Yazzy, its made a few things clear to the community and tidied up a few loose ends. :smile:

I'm glad you appreciated my response, cheers mate!
  12. Yazzy

is my response not showing up at all?  :sad:
  13. Yazzy

Well well, where to start, seems like there's quite a thread here since returning from the woods(with limited wireless access,hence me seeing the thread earlier).  I can state a few things very simply and hopefully that will answer your guys' questions.  :grin:

1. With Fire & Sword has a tournament because we thought it would be a nice thing to have for people who purchased WFAS, heck we(along with you guys) had one for Warband after it launched, so why not try one for the new expansion pack. 

2. We still care about Warband, but WFaS demanded our attention since it was a new product, we wanted to provide value and support for it like we did Warband(new features, maps, duel mode) after it launched.  Remember we're a small company so there's only so much updating we can do while a new game is out and while we have to develop our next title.  I can't promise anything, but certainly it'd be nice to iron out more issues with Warband as soon as we can.

3. We don't have an official community manager, although you may see one dev(like me) or another participating on the forums with some level of frequency, we still don't have "that guy" who is paid to interact with the community, we are fortunate to have excellent admins/mods on here though!  If you want Yazzy's full job description just PM me :razz: I come on here as much as I can though, but I've been quite busy and on holiday :grin:

4. We love our community and modders and do think to feature your mods on the front page at some point in the future and try to get you guys some more press in the future.

I guess that enough out of me for now :razz: I'd invite you guys to put together a small list of 'must fix' things for Warband and WFaS and I'll if/when we can address such issues that you guys feel are hurting the games.

Thanks for your posts and reading mine, hope my response helps answer some of your questions.

Cheers,

Yazzy
  14. Yazzy

Eiríkr Rauði said:
    Meanwhile at TaleWorlds...

SuperStock_1895-45158.jpg

Haha, nice one...in short reply to that picture, so much of the company including myself have been on summer vacation, not to mention some of us(me as well) went to GDC and Gamescom for a week.

15. Yazzy

Official Deathmatch round schedule

The first part of the tournament starts Monday August 22nd. Sign-up on the forums and then jump on the official DM server on the following dates. Monday/Wednesday 9pm CT for North American players on the WFaS Summer Cup NA DM server 9pm GMT for European players on the WFaS Summer Cup EU DM...
  16. Yazzy

Player sign-up

Lords and Ladies, Here's the place where you can register your MP name for the Summer Cup International! Just write your MP character name, country and city if you like :) Time to sign-up and represent your country and of course yourself for a chance to win big prizes! Remember servers will...
  17. Yazzy

Official Match results media thread

Match result screenshots go here :)  please post scoreboards for deathmatch and duel results only.
  18. Yazzy

General media page for players

This thread is for posting screenies and videos for enjoyment, there will be a separate thread for official match results. Happy posting!
  19. Yazzy

Rules

Deathmatch rules: UPDATE: If you want to qualify for duels you’ll need to collect 20 points in deathmatch between players from all over the world during the course of 12 matches. Once you achieve 20 points you no longer can play DM matches. Any player that plays more than 12 rounds is...
  20. Yazzy

Announcement Page + Nvidia prizes info

TaleWorlds and Snowball Studios are proud to announce the first major competitive event for Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword – «The Summer Cup International Tournament»! Get ready to represent your country and show everyone abroad who is better at fighting with fire and sword. This Summer Cup...
Back
Top Bottom